Non-YSU Sports and Other > Non YSU Sports

Browns qb?

<< < (3/3)

FOOTBALLFEVER:
The Titans traded their number one pick today to the Rams and they are expected to take Wentz #1 overall. I think the Browns were set to take him at #2

go guins:
Will be interesting to see what the Browns do now.  They have the #1 pick overall in the NFL draft without Carson Wentz.  Might trade Joe Thomas for mulitple picks and take the tackle from Ol Miss.  I'll tell you this, yesterday the Mock Drafts were all the same 1-5 today there isn't one even close to another.  Should be interesting.  My chief question is who will start at QB for YSU?  And I'm certain I will not know more tonight than this morning.

IAA Fan:
Let me ask you something. If Goff was from Harding and played his ball at Pitt, with as much attention as Goff gets from Berkley ...do you think the Browns would not be all over him?

Rams will not be stupid enough to go after Wentz. You seriously don't see them passing up the top QB in this draft (which is not saying much at all) that is almost a hometown kid? I suspect Wentz draft stock will plummet come podium time. Right now the 49ers hold the car keys.

Goff is a walk-on franchise QB, at least the closest thing to one this year. Wentz, on the other hand, with possibly slightly higher overall potential, is years away. No doubt that Goff wants to stay home in the Bay area ...but LA, Minnesota and Cleveland all have a QB need and pick ahead of the 49ers. The Browns will sport more of a run-game, which favors Wentz. The 9ers have something like 15 picks traded to them. Don't be surprised to see Kapernick starting for the Rams, Goff the next Steve Young, with RGIII as another very unpopular Browns QB. If the Browns were smart, they would be all over Sean Manion of the Rams for a workshop project ...lots of upside. Then again, he is a Jared Goff clone & the Rams may just want to keep him if they do keep Goff.

All of this being said, how could any of us YSU fans be high on Wentz? Was he even the #1 QB in the MVFC over the last couple of years? I do suspect Wentz has much higher leadership skills than Goff ...who loves the limelight a bit much as I understand it. Do we not already have one of those guys taking snaps?

go guins:
1AA
I think upside on Wentz is higher than Goff and I'd take him #1 Paxton Lynch #2 and Goff #3
And under no circumstances do I draft the local kid UNLESS I honestly believe he is the best pick.

"Was he even the #1 QB in the MVFC over the last couple of years?"
YES, and what is scary is last year the second best was Easton Stick!

"I do suspect Wentz has much higher leadership skills than Goff "
I absolutely agree, and what confuses me is why that isn't the single most important thing to you?  That means more than the ability to throw the ball.  Do you honestly thing that for the last 15 years Payton Manning was in the top half of NFL guys throwing the ball?  No, but was he one of the 2 best leaders and therefore one of the top 2 QB's?  Yes, you have to have something of an arm but on his best day Manning couldn't throw 1/2 as well as Derek Anderson (one time Brown).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version