Author Topic: Conner Neu  (Read 3078 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Conner Neu
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
I don't know if any of you saw this, but Conner Neu placed first in the weight throw with a toss a YSU Nationals. The toss of 21.41 meters, qualifies Conner for the NCAA Championships to put him seventh in the nation. Note that he qualified directly to the NCAA championships ...not the regional. Really impressive ...way to go Conner!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:12:02 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Conner Neu
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:39:07 AM »
Can he play football?  Do any of those talents translate?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »
Can he play football?  Do any of those talents translate?

Since his specialty is his ability to throw a heavy object to a long distance, how about playing on the defensive line throwing the offensive linemen (at least linebackers and safeties) out of the way.....

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »
If I understand ...he was a HS star wrestler as well, with the school record in pins and a state championship meet appearance. I am sure he would make one heck of a lineman. Yet throws have become a skilled position these days. It is not like the old days where you looked for the biggest guys. Now you look for the most skilled as they have a chance to increase their distance over time. So they no longer have the time to play multiple sports. Or the desire to worry about injury.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:49:57 PM by IAA Fan »