Author Topic: Will Mahone back at YSU ?  (Read 16382 times)

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Will Mahone back at YSU ?
« on: January 21, 2016, 09:11:58 PM »
Per Dana Balash on twitter https://twitter.com/DanaBalash21

Dana Balash ‏@DanaBalash21  8h8 hours ago
.@21WFMJSports  Former Fitch product Will Mahone tells Irish Sports Daily he'll talk with @BoPelini about possibly joining YSU program.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:13:33 PM by DoubleE »

jimmiejames

Re: Will Mahone back at YSU ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 09:49:02 PM »
Talented, fresh start, bruising back.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:12:35 PM »
A great comeback story.  I hope we see him on the field.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2016/01/20/will-mahone-at-peace/
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:21:04 PM »
Will Mahone was charged with 3 felonies, including hitting a police officer back in 2015. I don't believe these
charges have been cleared up.

He maybe a good football player, but his alcohol/temper problems are evident.   

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 10:34:04 PM »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 03:32:44 AM »
Will Mahone was charged with 3 felonies, including hitting a police officer back in 2015. I don't believe these
charges have been cleared up.

He maybe a good football player, but his alcohol/temper problems are evident.

If you read the article, its pretty obvious he's changed his life around. I welcome him aboard if Bo wants him.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:06 AM »
Last I saw him he was working security/gate entry at Heinz Field for YSU vs Pitt.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 09:15:26 AM »
Last I saw him he was working security/gate entry at Heinz Field for YSU vs Pitt.

That makes me respect him even more.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »
Let's hope this kid has it turned around, but you should read this before making any snap decisions based on what he says during his arrest: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2099071-notre-dame-wr-will-mahone-arrested-charged-with-multiple-felonies

Fact is, if this were a white player saying the same thing about black cops, he would NOT get any consideration for returning to play.  AND I note, he was a junior at ND, so does he only have 1 season left and will he need a second position change?  For the kids sake, I hope he has things sorted out, but I don't see much benefit for the Quins.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 09:26:34 AM »
Let's hope this kid has it turned around, but you should read this before making any snap decisions based on what he says during his arrest: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2099071-notre-dame-wr-will-mahone-arrested-charged-with-multiple-felonies

Fact is, if this were a white player saying the same thing about black cops, he would NOT get any consideration for returning to play.  AND I note, he was a junior at ND, so does he only have 1 season left and will he need a second position change?  For the kids sake, I hope he has things sorted out, but I don't see much benefit for the Quins.

Any body cam footage?  There are innumerable accounts of people in blue costumes (LEOs) with permission slips to initiate violence (badges) manufacturing and fabricating events to frame others, and cover up their own misdeeds.

Assuming that is not the case here, then does he not still deserve a second chance after demonstrating a determination to become an asset to society?

If you are looking at a racial component here, blacks are treated differently then whites by LEOs, and not in a good way.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 11:43:41 AM »

I thought he did not play for ND in his Junior year. Would he still have 2 years of eligibility left?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 05:56:42 PM »

That was then, this is now. Has he really has turned his life around, time will tell
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 07:56:52 PM »
I graduated with his mother (pretty sure his mom)  She is Facebook friend and from what I see she whipped him back into reality.  I am all about second chances.  We should all look at the stupid sh** we did when we were 20 but never got caught.... then judge

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 08:55:12 AM »
I graduated with his mother (pretty sure his mom)  She is Facebook friend and from what I see she whipped him back into reality.  I am all about second chances.  We should all look at the stupid sh** we did when we were 20 but never got caught.... then judge

Well put. Add to it that athletes are coddled to and told they are great for years in school, not exactly a great way to learn how the world really works. Kudos to mom give the kid a shot what could it hurt?

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:02 AM »
Yep we all deserve second chances and most of us have gotten them at one time or another in our lives. I hope that those of you who have the ability to hire people have or will have hire someone with his background instead of someone with a clean slate.  If he wasnt a football player with his ability to help YSU, alot of people would be just as happy to kick him to the curb.