Author Topic: New JUCO QB  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
New JUCO QB
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:54:59 PM »
Anyone see the new JUCO quarterback that just signed? Trent Hosick....idk too much about him other than he originally signed with Mizzou out of high school & later transferred to play JUCO at Western Arizona College. Saw he was being looked at by Oregon, A&M, Ole Miss & was offered by BYU & San Diego St....might be the guy for the next two years with Wells & Davis not really solidifying their spot.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New JUCO QB
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 10:15:53 AM »
If you want to fell good about YSU football, watch the HUDL film.  As always you don't know the talent level of opponents, but sure can run and throw.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4397492/highlights/180226386/v2
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »
All of this has been talked about on here fyi...

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,12441.0.html

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »
Sorry Go Guins, I am not trying to sound like Paladin, but this is not good film. The kid is a "gunslinger" and like all slingers puts too much air under the ball for collegiate QB. He is going to be picked early and often unless he develops some arm strength. I really hope that I am wrong on this one, but that is what I see in both of his films. Will know more in March.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:18:36 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »
"Sorry Go Guins, I am not trying to sound like Paladin"

Trust me, you don't sound like an arrogant ass, stuffed with undeserved self-importance, completely negative in all thinking and almost always wrong. IE you don't sound at all like Paladin!

Back to the topic.  This video is filmed against JC competition, not high school, so this isn’t as negative as you make out.  He may not have a great arm, but if he had those legs and a great arm, we wouldn’t have been in the hunt to get him.  My biggest disappointment in Hunter is his arm strength hasn’t improved and needs to be better.  This kid can run circles around Hunter (as perhaps even I could!) but also Davis, who is the beneficiary of the dreaded “best player on any team is the backup QB syndrome”.

I’ll bet you $2 (my max. bet) that this kid picked YSU over a bunch of offers because, if he didn’t get a promise, he at least has the best chance to start.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
I am glad to see Hosick is here this semester so he can participate in spring ball.