Author Topic: Beeghly Center  (Read 14052 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beeghly Center
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 03:25:57 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Found this:  http://ysuhockey.weebly.com/

It looks like they are at the Ice Zone mostly with a few games at Covelli.  IDK why they are not featured on ysusports.com, and instead have their own website.

The SteelHound games were a blast too.  Great promotions like throwing pucks into a ring on the ice during intermission.  Rowdy crowds that would pound the glass.  Michael Stanley's "My Town" playing before every game.  All good things must......

Because they are a club and not an actual athletic team with scholarships right now.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 08:38:44 AM »
http://www.thejambar.com/hockey-returns-to-ysu/

It says that YSU no longer sponsors them, this could be why they dropped the Pete Penguin logo..

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 09:14:16 AM »

It says that YSU no longer sponsors them, this could be why they dropped the Pete Penguin logo..
It might have something to do with the gender equality issue they have to sponsor another women sport.
As for penguin logo, I was told that the athletic department owns the rights.

We had academic team of students representing YSU STEM college to an academic showcase against Kent, Akron, Cleveland State and Case. We provided the team with golf shirts with the a Logo incorporating YSU/STEM/Penguin into the design.
The following year, we were told that we had to redesign the logo to eliminate the Penguin in the logo because the athletic department owns the rights and we were not authorized to use it.

I thought the athletic department is part of the university just as the STEM college. Therefore, IMO, since YSU actual owns the rights to the logo, other departments should be allowed to display it when representing YSU (as long as they are selling them for profits). I had difficulties trying to explain that one to my students on the team.

We also had to delete the STEM logo (incorporating the penguin) on all the desk top display images from all the STEM computers.

Go figure that.

Now, YSU is in favor of the block Y instead of the penguin. We might now have to eliminate the block Y from the STEM logo.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 11:19:28 AM »
Since women's bowling was added, maybe a new men's sport will follow?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 12:51:25 PM »

It might have something to do with the gender equality issue they have to sponsor another women sport.

We had academic team of students representing YSU STEM college to an academic showcase against Kent, Akron, Cleveland State and Case. We provided the team with golf shirts with the a Logo incorporating YSU/STEM/Penguin into the design.
The following year, we were told that we had to redesign the logo to eliminate the Penguin in the logo because the athletic department owns the rights and we were not authorized to use it.

I thought the athletic department is part of the university just as the STEM college. Therefore, IMO, since YSU actual owns the rights to the logo, other departments should be allowed to display it when representing YSU (as long as they are selling them for profits). I had difficulties trying to explain that one to my students on the team.

We also had to delete the STEM logo (incorporating the penguin) on all the desk top display images from all the STEM computers.

Go figure that.

Now, YSU is in favor of the block Y instead of the penguin. We might now have to eliminate the block Y from the STEM logo.

Are you kidding me?! I was not aware of all this, and I did notice the switch for the desk top images in the STEM building and didn't think anything of it because I didn't know this. Someone needs to talk to someone higher up. I don't care if the athletic dept owns the rights to Pete, this is our University. I don't see how they can stop someone in the same organization as them from using it. That is a travesty.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »

Go figure that.

Are you kidding me?! I was not aware of all this, and I did notice the switch for the desk top images in the STEM building and didn't think anything of it because I didn't know this. Someone needs to talk to someone higher up. I don't care if the athletic dept owns the rights to Pete, this is our University. I don't see how they can stop someone in the same organization as them from using it. That is a travesty.
I made a mistake. I meant to say "as long as they were NOT selling them for profit". I left the word "NOT" out by mistake. Sorry.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 08:50:12 PM »
My thoughts exactly ET. If YSU not longer funds it ...then they cannot use the logo.