Author Topic: YSU vs Notre Dame  (Read 6189 times)

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU vs Notre Dame
« on: December 20, 2015, 11:13:08 PM »
After losing by 59 points at _ichigan, me and my two sons  (the oldest a Ohio Srate student) are headed to South Bend tomorrow to see the YSU - ND men's basketball game.  Hopefully, a somewhat better game tomorrow!

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs Notre Dame
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »
Another embarrassing team to represent Youngstown.  The Vindicator doesn't even send reporters to the away games.  I hope Strollo is proud of this product.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
ISUb's AD just resigned.  Go for it, Ron! You won't F up retirement as bad as you did YSU FB and MBB.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

ValleyTalk

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:55:25 AM »
I'm in South Bend today. Go Guins!!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »
YSU down 8 at half. Umude and Morse have played well.   Hain started but hardly played.  Not sure if he's ill or injured. With  Bobby down and Kaufman suspended makes us weak inside.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:55:29 PM »
87-78.  Game wasn't as close as final score.  Penguins went on a late run and forced ND to put their starters back in.  Morse played fantastic and commentators were impressed by him.  Not bad with both bigs out.  Bobby had a boot on.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »
Is Kaufman done with YSU, or may he be reinstated at later date?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 09:02:53 PM »
87-78.  Game wasn't as close as final score.  Penguins went on a late run and forced ND to put their starters back in.  Morse played fantastic and commentators were impressed by him.  Not bad with both bigs out.  Bobby had a boot on.
I watched on ESPN3. They played with lots of energy. Too many turnovers in the first part of 2nd half. Without an inside game, they shot well from outside. Some good drives toward the basket and couple good passes to the cutter toward the basket were exciting to watch.
I think this team has much more talents than last year.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »
Is Kaufman done with YSU, or may he be reinstated at later date?

3 game suspension.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »
We played very well, those frosh were impressive. This team has lots of talent. When we took the the lead back for about the third time, you cold see ND was hesitant. Then we had too many fouls and sent them to the foul line twice in 2 series ...that was at about the 4:02 mark in the first-half. That really hurt us. Maybe I was just being blinded by fandom, but I really do not think we had a comeback ...we played all night. Really proud of those guys.

Kind of the opposite of we expected tonight ...guys should have been blown out and played exceptional. (Shut that lane down that Michigan used all night) and the ladies were just crushed by Akron ...very exciting and very disappointing.

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 09:54:28 PM »
Actually pretty entertaining first half and end of game.  Met / talked to Ron Strollo at the hotel before the game.  He was very friendly.