Author Topic: 2016 Football Coaching Staff  (Read 47452 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Football Coaching Staff
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
I'm a little surprised to see these changes coming so close to spring camp. Hopefully we can get a tight end and linebacker coach in here quickly

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2016, 06:10:22 PM »
Did Bo hire his old GA at Nebraska Joe Ganz?

Decent QB coach if true.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 07:36:23 AM »

Decent QB coach if true.
Joe was very well liked and respected at Nebraska. He left the university about 5 days ago. Nothing has been made public yet on where he might go. Former YSU linebacker coach T.J. Hollowell has accepted the D.C. position at Santa Margarita H.S. in California..Good luck T.J.

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 09:42:16 PM »

Decent QB coach if true.
Joe was very well liked and respected at Nebraska. He left the university about 5 days ago. Nothing has been made public yet on where he might go. Former YSU linebacker coach T.J. Hollowell has accepted the D.C. position at Santa Margarita H.S. in California..Good luck T.J.

I believe Ganz hasn't coached since Bo left Nebraska.  I don't think Nebraska's coach kept any of the old staff.

Not sure what he did last season.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 10:53:02 AM »
Not sure about that..I would be surprised to see him step down to the FCS level as a position coach, but I think he would for a coordinator's position. Former players and coaches do have a habit of following Bo..anything is possible

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »
I still have nothing new to report on the two assistant coach vacancies. In a surprising development Bill Cubit was fired at Illinois by the new A.D. and Lovie Smith is expected to be named the the head coach. Maybe Bo can lure their TE and Linebacker coach away(Neither are expected to be retained ) He has ties with both.. spring ball is fast approaching we need to act quickly
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:41:53 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »
Joe Ganz is indeed joining the staff as TE coach.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
Joe Ganz is indeed joining the staff as TE coach.
Thank you for the update Chief. I believe he was out of coaching last year and was a Co-Host in some sort of broadcasting . Even tho he was a former Qb coach the transition to TE coach should go smoothly for him..welcome coach Joe

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »
Yes, looks like a nice pick-up ...welcome coach!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »
OMG, where the heck is Paladin?  This is OBVIOUSLY "good-ol'-boy" networking!   
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »
Thinking that this is not the first time a Hc hired someone he knew.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »
Thinking that this is not the first time a Hc hired someone he knew.
In fact, just the opposite would be the news worthy point!  Just poking at Paladin is all.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »
Apparently he has been banned again.  Now he is on AGS saying that the entire athletic department and university are going down the sh**ter and drowning in debt.  This is simply not the case.  We are in far better shape than many of the schools within the MAC footprint and MVFC schools.  Yes we have a lousy basketball coach but nobody really cares for basketball anyway.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 03:17:09 PM »
Power,

I am glad that you posted this information.  I don't read the national boards.  By his own actions, Paladin continues to prove his hatred for YSU.  I hope that this time he is gone for good.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2016, 08:46:18 AM »
Here is a portion of Paladin's OP on AGS:

"YSU football is in trouble, the U has financial problems and the decision to bring back a men's BB coach who has produced nothing in 11 seasons but losers isn't setting well. The athletic dept is in shambles."

Let's dissect it:

"YSU football is in trouble..." 

A legendary program that was the "Team of the 90's" has one playoff season in the 15 years of the Strollo era.  A 5-6 record last season.  A controversial OC returning.

Although I am cautiously optimistic about this year, I do see big red flags.  If I see #6 on the field versus WVU then I'll go on the record as saying 2016 will be a re-packaged 2015 with no playoffs.

Saying the program is in trouble, IMO, is an overstatement, but not by much.

"the U has financial problems"

duh.  Most public Universities do.  Tressel has improved the outlook considerably though, but even he would admit he has financial concerns.

"the decision to bring back a men's BB coach who has produced nothing in 11 seasons but losers isn't setting well"

Understatement, although so few care about MBB in the Strollo era that there are so few to be outraged.   Absurd doesn't come close to describing it.

"The athletic dept is in shambles."

100% percent accurate.  The AD is dangerously inept, and the lost revenue because of his neglect of the revenue generating sports likely is in the millions, and just like interest and debt compounds, so does lack of revenue, as that funding would've developed those programs further.

Banning someone doesn't change reality.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen