Author Topic: 2016 Recruting  (Read 169263 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Recruting
« Reply #195 on: February 08, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »
Playoff eligible? Does going winless in November qualify as playoff eligible? All those "great" recruiting classes Wolford brought in, not too many of those guys worked out due to coaching... Sad. Onward to see what Pelini can do.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »
Playoff eligible? Does going winless in November qualify as playoff eligible? All those "great" recruiting classes Wolford brought in, not too many of those guys worked out due to coaching... Sad. Onward to see what Pelini can do.

But actually you need to look at the big picture.  They let teams like Duquesne and Dayton into the playoffs only to get smashed and we spend WAAAAAAY more money on football than them,  We have a WAAAY better team then both of them and we prove it when we take them to the woodshed with complete and utter beat downs, yet they let those teams into the playoffs.  I don't think that it is fair to say if you get to the playoffs you are a good team or that you are even worthy.  It is politics and a joke.  Have them published the SRS or whatever the power ranking is for playoffs.  They did the first year and then took it down.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:47:30 PM by penguinpower »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2016, 03:54:54 PM »
Thanks for avoiding the obvious in refusing to note my comments about good teams and great  recruiting as I projected here. The cheerleaders here are scum. You are not interested in having great teams again. Just keep saying nice things about YSU no matter how bad the A.D., coach and athletic dept are. Just to hear nice things while it gets sh!t on record wise. Plant your head in the ground.  Pelini ?  LOL.  Took a loaded team I projected to win at least 7 games and make the playoffs and  had two  big transfers from Neb. he brought.  I had to eat crow after he proved how poor a coach he is and revise my projection before  the halfway point of the season to a 5-6 projection. Result ? 5-6 record. No playoffs.  Two straight terrible recruiting classes. I rank this class EIGHT in the  10 team MVFC recruiting derby. Last year was barely better.  And you expect "great" things to come with Bo ?

Good luck.

My good predictions will flow just as my bad  predictions will flow.  Thanks for proving my point.

And now, back to your pom-poms .
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:00:24 PM by paladin »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2016, 05:16:09 PM »
Thanks for avoiding the obvious in refusing to note my comments about good teams and great  recruiting as I projected here. The cheerleaders here are scum. You are not interested in having great teams again. Just keep saying nice things about YSU no matter how bad the A.D., coach and athletic dept are. Just to hear nice things while it gets sh!t on record wise. Plant your head in the ground.  Pelini ?  LOL.  Took a loaded team I projected to win at least 7 games and make the playoffs and  had two  big transfers from Neb. he brought.  I had to eat crow after he proved how poor a coach he is and revise my projection before  the halfway point of the season to a 5-6 projection. Result ? 5-6 record. No playoffs.  Two straight terrible recruiting classes. I rank this class EIGHT in the  10 team MVFC recruiting derby. Last year was barely better.  And you expect "great" things to come with Bo ?

Good luck.

My good predictions will flow just as my bad  predictions will flow.  Thanks for proving my point.

And now, back to your pom-poms .

Loaded team huh? Laughable lol. Wolford had talent from all these "great" recruiting classes you say he brought in. How'd that work out? ZERO playoff appearances. You rank this recruiting class 8 out of 10? Thanks for your opinion. You must be some kind of big football expert. Good to know.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2016, 05:17:04 PM »
YSU has brought in a late signee.

Samuel St. Surin. 5-11 WR from Delray Beach, FL. Slot speedster.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2016, 06:35:25 PM »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »
Saying its so doesn't make it so. Many times I project YSU with  a winning season, great   recruit classes , etc.   ...

LOL. I have been on this board longer than you and I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER once heard you udder a positive word about any YSU sport. At least one that was not blatantly back-loaded with negativism. You remind me of Rush Limbaugh ...say the same old stuff day after day, but only after you hear someone else mention it.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2016, 03:02:32 AM »
You listen to Rush day after day after day?

For the record, Paladin's 2015 FB predictions were OVERLY OPTIMISTIC.

Eighth in recruiting in the SEC of the FCS... a conference that we had a losing record in in 2015.... Certainly seems plausible.

An incompetent AD.....your government boofing you in the arse.....I think there is some misplaced frustration here.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:05:22 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2016, 08:52:39 AM »
Paladin predicted last year's team was "loaded"?  If that was a "loaded" team and I assume he meant in talent not booze, that's all that needs be said about his ability to evaluate talent.   Wolford was fired because in JT’s evaluation (and he DOES know football) he wasn’t building a winning program.  Can’t fix 4 years of bad football in a couple months, which is what Paladin expected. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »
Hugs &  kisses

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »
Last year's team should've been a 8 win team. Who other then me thinks the staff blew the Illinois St, NDS, and the Sourhern Illinois game? Yet Bo always wants to point the fingers at his players in his press conferences sighting cultural issues and his team inability to finish the 4th quarter. As far as recruiting goes it's always nice to land a 3 star recruit and players with multiple offers. Unfortunately the majority of last year's class and this year's class have players with zero 1AA offers..the proximity of this conference, a 5-6 record and the amount of FBS teams locally makes it a real uphill battle
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:33:31 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »
My two cents...

The biggest mistake of the 2015 campaign was not starting Ricky Davis in the home game against Misery State.  Three things were clear at that point in the season:

a) We would win that game if Justin Beiber was our QB.
b) #pick 6 was not an MVFC QB, and it was time to end the experiment of having a statue with a low passing efficiency as QB who drops his knee before reaching the end zone.
c)  The season was still salvageable.

It's been said that the coaches knew what they were doing when they continued to start pick 6, but not everyone knows what they are doing.  To this day #12 has not a true on the field chance to demonstrate his abilities, and now prolly never will with Hosick joining the team.  I'd like to see the two QB system continue with Hosick and Davis...and for the love of god let Davis pass.

We lost the last two games after Misery State.  Insane.  You'd think after three straight October losses a personnel change would at least be tried. 

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
We probably did well with our new recruits considering we are FCS/1AA football. In many eyes that's minor league!

In the past 15 years many colleges have jumped to FBS/1A why? Here is a partial list:

UFC            Middle Tenn           Ga. Southern           Old Dominion            W. Kentucky
Texas St     Charlotte                Arkansas St            Nevada                     UTex @ San Antonio
UConn        Troy St                   Marshall                 Florida Int.                Florida Atl
UMass         Georgia St             Appalachian St        Idaho                        South Ala.
USF

I believe N.Dakota St  will opt to move up soon.   

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »
My two cents...

The biggest mistake of the 2015 campaign was not starting Ricky Davis in the home game against Misery State.  Three things were clear at that point in the season:

b) #pick 6 was not an MVFC QB, and it was time to end the experiment of having a statue with a low passing efficiency as QB who drops his knee before reaching the end zone.

It's been said that the coaches knew what they were doing when they continued to start pick 6, but not everyone knows what they are doing.  To this day #12 has not a true on the field chance to demonstrate his abilities, and now prolly never will with Hosick joining the team.  I'd like to see the two QB system continue with Hosick and Davis...and for the love of god let Davis pass.

We lost the last two games after Misery State.  Insane.  You'd think after three straight October losses a personnel change would at least be tried. 

And that falls on the OC who gets too much credit and not enough blame.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2016, 04:05:27 PM »
My two cents...

And that falls on the OC who gets too much credit and not enough blame.

I'm trying to understand why he's still OC here.