Author Topic: 2016 Recruting  (Read 169784 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: 2016 Recruting
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2016, 09:57:19 PM »
Hate to burst your balloon ,HLecter, but Bo can't recruit. Second straight weak class. That puts dark clouds on the horizon. Things do not look good for YSU.

My picks for the class are the Juco Center  and Smith from Fla.   The Juco QB may work out but I don't see a star. The rest are either undersized, lack talent for this level, or nepotism . Hosick might work out  as he has running skills but a questionable arm strength or accuracy. He should start.  However, this creates a HUGE hole in the program at QB as YSU will have one Sr. & 3 Jrs. at the position. The current Fr. will not play here.  No future starter , no backups. Something smells with  Smith. He had  committed to his choice of schools ( UCF) and had other offers from FBS schools, yet went FCS ( YSU). On film , he appears to be a D-I project -- strong upper body, but no techniques. Overwhelms high school Harrys but will face bigger, stronger , quicker players who will have techniques. They have four years to work with him, but it bothers me why he passed over lots of FBS schools to come here. There may be some problems. No one wanted the coaches kids but I would put them at D-II talent. Then there are some who earned no post season honors or few of them. Never a good sign and confirmed with film. The small class means the errors will be magnified.

Of course the cheerleaders here will blow this off.  Remember, I told you in advance that YSU was going down under Heacock because of bad recruiting . You do remember what happened ? I've made a number of predictions here ( most have   been true) that got blown off only to see them come true. Heck, the coaches just rushed out to show my prediction that the current QB would never start for 4 years by bringing in a new starter.

Besides having a foul mouth HC who has anger issues , he took a loaded team with most players back to a losing season ( 5-6) when   they should have matched the previous 8-3 ( no less 7-4) . Coaching seems to be an issue and now, his recruiting is confirmed. Poor.

So, now I'm on the record again. Grab some popcorn and sit back. Make sure you hype the program. Its always gives it a stunning effect when the bottom falls out. Just don't be surprised.

You heard it here first.

Do you think anyone listens to you anymore? You were on record every year as the most negative nilly I ever saw. As to Bo, I will state it again for the 100th time ...he is the best recruiting hire in the history of I-AA/FCS. He has set a standard here that is going to make it very hard for the administration to ever replace him and any administration in the division as well. I care less how good of a coach he is. I sit 25 feet from him and here every word, so you are certainly not telling us anything we do not already know.

Also, would you please post these supposedly poor recruiting classes of Heacock's, because I don't think Tressel ever had a class reasonably close to some of Heacock's. Heck Narduzzi's last two classes have yet to be equaled by anyone but possibly Heacock.

Then your "leaves a hole" theory ...LOL. Buddy this is college ball, this happens at every position. We only have 63 scholarships. Also, Mays is a good QB, but I guess you never went to any practices or the spring game or you would see that. He fits Montgomery's system well, which is why we offered him as a junior. Your Well's prediction? Obviously you never watched a game his frosh year or you would have been as high as everyone else was.

So we all know you hate everything about YSU, so why bother? Yet you will continue to predict doom n gloom and then pat yourself on the back

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2016, 04:21:40 AM »
So revealing what Pelini says at the end about people in Youngstown. He is spot on.  The morons that think Kemt and Akron etc have better football because they are FBS.  We would take them to the woodshed.  Idiots don't realize the level of competition, bit nationwide they do.  How far the community knowledge base has slipped.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRfX6hpXODQ

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2016, 09:21:08 AM »
Anybody see the comment Newell made on signing day during his interview? Said he committed based on the scheme and fit of the defense. We would have never heard those words under Wolford lol....

If these kids can develop, they can be special. That is Pelini's style, always has been. He never goes for the big shiny recruits that Wolford did. Pelini would rather take the under sized, hard nosed kid that works his butt off to become a starter. I can respect that, and frankly thats what you need at this level.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
Like I have said repeatedly................... this is going to be a comedy. Sit back and enjoy.

No need to argue. What will be will be.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2016, 01:15:30 PM »
So revealing what Pelini says at the end about people in Youngstown. He is spot on.  The morons that think Kemt and Akron etc have better football because they are FBS.  We would take them to the woodshed.  Idiots don't realize the level of competition, bit nationwide they do.  How far the community knowledge base has slipped.

Gotta get these guys on the schedule. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2016, 01:35:27 PM »
Anybody see the comment Newell made on signing day during his interview? Said he committed based on the scheme and fit of the defense. We would have never heard those words under Wolford lol....

I was pleasantly surprised we got this young man.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #186 on: February 06, 2016, 01:11:09 PM »

No return game ...we don't need them. Sorry but I am not going to play MAC games without a return. I mean have a trophy game with both Akron and Kent and we cannot even get them to come here and play for it? Send your emails to the MVFC and the MAC ...get them to change their rules.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2016, 09:51:10 AM »
SDSU is now the fourth MVFC team to announce offering FCOA schollies.  MAC offers them.  When will we?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:24 AM »

No return game ...we don't need them. Sorry but I am not going to play MAC games without a return. I mean have a trophy game with both Akron and Kent and we cannot even get them to come here and play for it? Send your emails to the MVFC and the MAC ...get them to change their rules.

This subject has been debated to death.....so I won't rehash it....except to ask this.....right now every potential recruit has reason to believe Can't or Akron is an upgrade from YSU.....how do we decisively fix that?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »

This subject has been debated to death.....so I won't rehash it....except to ask this.....right now every potential recruit has reason to believe Can't or Akron is an upgrade from YSU.....how do we decisively fix that?

You cannot. If we move to the same level as them, do you think we will be that much better (if at all)? We would be the same & probably split with them most often. Playing them at their house exclusively would give them the majority of the wins, which also would not prove anything.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2016, 10:54:10 AM »

You cannot. If we move to the same level as them, do you think we will be that much better (if at all)? We would be the same & probably split with them most often. Playing them at their house exclusively would give them the majority of the wins, which also would not prove anything.

We would crush can't on any field.  Look at the final Sagarin ratings...and how much lower Can't is rated than YSU:

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Can't BTW is paying >$300K to FCS schools.

Akron has had an up year and barely outranks YSU.  We played Pitt closer at Heinz than they did at the Info.  This one is more of a challenge...and IMO would create tremendous hype...something the program needs.  I say we likely win at the Info...but if we lose we are no worse off.....except have a decent payday.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2016, 10:49:16 PM »
Since YSU can no longer play B1G schools it leave Pitt, WV, Cincy, and Marshall as local money games

I foresee future MAC money games

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2016, 11:48:51 PM »

We would crush can't on any field.  Look at the final Sagarin ratings...and how much lower Can't is rated than YSU:

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Can't BTW is paying >$300K to FCS schools.

Akron has had an up year and barely outranks YSU.  We played Pitt closer at Heinz than they did at the Info.  This one is more of a challenge...and IMO would create tremendous hype...something the program needs.  I say we likely win at the Info...but if we lose we are no worse off.....except have a decent payday.

Not true ...way too many egos in I-AA/FBS that live in their world of being the best football in the US. The truth is these guys always make fun of the MAC & a loss, especially to NE Ohio bottom-feeders, would be very hard to live down. Take Pitt as many times as they will play us. No expectation to win.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:49:42 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2016, 08:45:52 AM »
Like I have said repeatedly...................

REPEATEDLY, boy, that's the truest thing you've ever said!  You want negative comments on YSU, your the man Palidin.  Must be really fun hoping the home team does poorly all the time.  Your boring and we don't care what you say or what you hopes for failure are. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2016, 01:30:08 PM »
Saying its so doesn't make it so. Many times I project YSU with  a winning season, great   recruit classes , etc.   You simply choose to ignore those projections and  zero in on the ones where bad classes or poor seasons are on the horizons as I predicted.  The fact is, the cheerleaders won't be happy until everyone is singing the hymns, no matter the  expected outcomes. Put another way, you can't make a silk purse  out of a sow's ear.

A little history ( again) -- I read this board for years and never posted here. But after watching the great teams for years  in Penguins Club seats, I registered and came on board  when it became apparent that Heacock was recruiting poorly and said so.   Then the  the bottom fell out and Heacock kept losing worst each year  for a number of years.  But credit Paladin ?

Fast  forward and I projected improving , winning seasons under Wolf with highly rated  classes in the MVFC and they won, becoming playoff eligible ( but not selected). Each year they improved and got playoff eligible. But credit Paladin ?  Or note his good outlook ?  Nah !

Don't worry, it won't be long. just a couple of years as the first two poor Bo classes move up and Wolfs players graduate and you'll see  what happens.  BTW, I anticipate doing another review of MVFC recruiting   , but its looks so ugly now comparing YSU with the rest of the MVFC that i'M SURE YOU WON'T BE RECEPTIVE to the truth.

But , please , carry on with the hype job. I'm going to look good again !

Wait & see.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:38:42 PM by paladin »