Author Topic: 2016 Home Football Schedule  (Read 19138 times)

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Home Football Schedule
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 01:02:45 AM »
Remember Heacock ?  After some bad recruiting classes I said the losing would start. AND IT DID. Meanwhile, the folks here had no clue. Just like now.

8)

On with the comedy

Were u a history major?  Haven't seen the word Paladin in quite awhile.  Curious.

I don't see this Paladin as being smart enough to know the source in Charles the Great. Most likely, he means the old TV show or computer/board game. Heck on any of these, a Paladin is/was known to defend only good or noble causes. So tell us why do you not defend YSU Paladin?

Why don't I defend Paladin?  Why should I?  I don't know him from Adam and I assume everyone here is a big boy.  Plus, it is hard to tell if he actually believes what he says, or if he just posts to rustle your Jimmies.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 07:53:24 AM »
Yes he like to stir the pot.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »
No Blo, I was asking Paladin wht he does not defend YSU ...like his character.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 09:06:49 AM »
Paladin is a YSU fan...he's also right most of the time....which pisses off the cheerleader crowd.  If he was wrong about the 2015 FB season, it's because of an overly optimistic prediction.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »
No Blo, I was asking Paladin wht he does not defend YSU ...like his character.

Ha, gotcha.  Too much "Turkey on the Brain."

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »
Gee, I guess I wasn't "defending" YSU when I picked them to go   7 -4 pre-season with a shot at the playoffs ?  I guess I don't defend YSU when I pick them to win. Ju st mention that there are problems, point them out, predict a losing season and suddenly you are a bad guy.  :(

Way ahead of you. Paladin(s) were champions of the King's court ( knights). I got the idea from Charlemagne's court. Richard Boone helped the crusade  with his character who was a gun for hiree, usually to the underdogs. However, being a former champ, it seemed to fit  me.

And yes, after my predictions as I see them, if it jerks a few chains around here, the more the merrier,  8)

Even better when proven right and the meltdown here begins !!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2015, 05:55:27 PM »
Paladin is a YSU fan...he's also right most of the time....which pisses off the cheerleader crowd.  If he was wrong about the 2015 FB season, it's because of an overly optimistic prediction.

Do you honestly believe what you typed? This guy hates YSU in any and all possible ways. He tries to justify his lack of support in disenchantment.  He feeds you a crumb of truth in a loaf of lies and inaccuracy.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 11:03:05 AM »
I miss the Penguins playing in November and December. It sure has been a long time.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 11:12:32 AM »
I miss the Penguins playing in November and December. It sure has been a long time.

I agree.  Goes to show you how rigged the playoffs are.  Dayton didn't deserve a spot.  Duquesne didn't deserve a spot and neither did Fordham.  Such a joke.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »
How about no automatic bids and pick the top 16 teams.  That makes more sense.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:15:35 AM by YSU1 »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
IMO, they are not interested in getting the best teams in the playoff. They wanted involvement from various regions. In other words, it is about political correctness in achieving Diversity.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »
IMO, they are not interested in getting the best teams in the playoff. They wanted involvement from various regions. In other words, it is about political correctness in achieving Diversity.

^^ Out of the park grand-slam. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »

I agree.  Goes to show you how rigged the playoffs are.  Dayton didn't deserve a spot.  Duquesne didn't deserve a spot and neither did Fordham.  Such a joke.

Does Fordham pay $$$ to get ranked?  How does a team that eeks by a weak PL schedule get ranked so high? Unreal.  I'd like to think the illusion is gone that they can hang with legit FCS schools, but I'm sure next year will again bring them undeserved and absurdly high rankings.

Bad day for the CAA...lose to Colgate and squeak by Duquesne?  They are not the CAA they used to be.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »

That is exactly what it needs to be ... 100% coverage and fairness. There are also need to be more trophies and celebrations on the way to the final. For example, YSU may not be the 2016 national champion, but we could be the "2016 NCAA Midwest Regional Champions".

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 05:44:00 PM »

Do you honestly believe what you typed? This guy hates YSU in any and all possible ways. He tries to justify his lack of support in disenchantment.  He feeds you a crumb of truth in a loaf of lies and inaccuracy.

He follows YSU but in no way can you make a case that he is a YSU fan, big difference.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne