Author Topic: Just for Fun.....  (Read 8329 times)

Offline JustGuinBaby

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Just for Fun.....
« on: November 23, 2015, 02:46:48 AM »
Does anybody in the Penguin family think that if Wolford was allowed to finish what he started that this team would've made the playoffs? I for one kinda think he would've got it done. I do know he wouldn't of finished below .500

A fellow Penguin fan made a great point about Bo's clock management at the end of the game. After the Sycamore QB fell down to set up the FG, there was about 15 seconds left in the game. Why not use a timeout to keep time on the clock and force Ind. St to KO after the made FG. I do believe Webb had already run back two kicks and at the very least try the lateral game. 

Wudda, shudda, cudda....

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Just for Fun.....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 08:35:39 AM »
Wolford would have won at least 7 games this year with his players and staff from a year ago

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »
NOOOOOOOO!!! Wolfman brought this crop of "talent" in. YSU needs better "football" players across the board (O and D). Until YSU gets retooled with some tough blue collar "football" players that can withstand the "grind" of the MVFC I don't see any playoff's for a while.

#twocents

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »
Wolford would have won at least 7 games this year with his players and staff from a year ago

No way.. I think 3 W's for Wolfman. At least YSU had some glimpses of hope on "D" this year. The offense was as usual "OFFENSIVE" - Webb (I love that kid)  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:04:16 AM by ysubigred »

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 12:00:37 PM »
Well now here we go again with clock management.
It would be great to think we could have kicked a winning field goal against NDSU
or given Jody a chance to run back a kick-off last week, but the truth is the offense
couldn't even muster a first down in the whole 4th quarter so I don't see the
clock management a decisive factor in either game.
Wolf was not a great clock manager either!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:20:46 PM »
Well now here we go again with clock management.
It would be great to think we could have kicked a winning field goal against NDSU
or given Jody a chance to run back a kick-off last week, but the truth is the offense
couldn't even muster a first down in the whole 4th quarter so I don't see the
clock management a decisive factor in either game.
Wolf was not a great clock manager either!

Agreed. Wolf would have blown all 3 Timeouts with 10 minutes to go in the game. He has called some really stupid timeouts almost every game.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »
  Probably same record, maybe 6-5.  Defense small improvement under Bo, offense step backwards, and although Kennedy was great, special teams not good under Bo or Wolf.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
Just curious, what was the reasoning behind Wolford's 8-4 team in 2013 that didn't make it into the playoffs?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 05:49:11 PM »
Just curious, what was the reasoning behind Wolford's 8-4 team in 2013 that didn't make it into the playoffs?

We lost the last 3 games in a row.  They took a six win Sam Houston state team over us.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:14:25 PM by penguinpower »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 08:03:51 PM »
I recall being VERY dissapointed that year

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 01:01:30 PM »
I'll bite -- Wolford had the team headed in the right direction by increasing his wins each year.  Everyone here and I mean everyone thought YSU was going to the playoffs WITH Wolford's returning material AND BO.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hilarious. You are seeing what Nebraska got tired of. But don't let me stop there . The entire sports dept begins and ends with RON STROLLO. I believe Wolford made the playoffs this year with his kids and staff.  But the decider AD makes another blunder after blunder after blunder after blunder after blunder, again and again and again, etc, etc etc ........................................................

And now back to the comedy.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
I'll bite -- Wolford had the team headed in the right direction by increasing his wins each year.  Everyone here and I mean everyone thought YSU was going to the playoffs WITH Wolford's returning material AND BO.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hilarious. You are seeing what Nebraska got tired of. But don't let me stop there . The entire sports dept begins and ends with RON STROLLO. I believe Wolford made the playoffs this year with his kids and staff.  But the decider AD makes another blunder after blunder after blunder after blunder after blunder, again and again and again, etc, etc etc ........................................................

And now back to the comedy.

You are such a liar. I mean ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE expected anything from Bo in 2015 ...at least no one on this board. A hope is not an expectation. Wolf sealed his fate the day he lost 32-recruits (or was it 23?) on defense, as his predecessor has solid defenses that competed well in the MVFC. Wolf showed no signs of changing that style, so there is no reason to think that we were going to an post-season unless one of the 4-top teams in the conference (which we are not) falters for a year or 2.

At least Carl studied each team and put in a defense that could stop the majority of plays ...constant pressure. He now needs to look at a base defense and see how our current players stack up ...then get recruiting. Blitzing looks great when it works, but when it doesn't you give up way too many big plays. Otherwise you will need to score 40+ points every game to win ...then there will be no one in the stands of a once-great "Smash-mouth" football team.  It was these big plays and 3 back-breaking pick-6's from Wells that killed us. Next year, MVFC offenses will start shifting their looks on every play, as NDSU and SDSU did this year ...and UNI does every year. We will not get away with pressure and no safeties.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:20:43 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 06:02:28 PM »
Does anybody in the Penguin family think that if Wolford was allowed to finish what he started that this team would've made the playoffs? I for one kinda think he would've got it done. I do know he wouldn't of finished below .500

A fellow Penguin fan made a great point about Bo's clock management at the end of the game. After the Sycamore QB fell down to set up the FG, there was about 15 seconds left in the game. Why not use a timeout to keep time on the clock and force Ind. St to KO after the made FG. I do believe Webb had already run back two kicks and at the very least try the lateral game. 

Wudda, shudda, cudda....

I do not
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne