Author Topic: In Game: Guins vs ISU  (Read 34758 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: In Game: Guins vs ISU
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2015, 05:30:10 PM »
Amazing what a QB who can run can do for a team.... AMAZING.

Do you ever shut up? Do you ever say anything new? Do you ever contribute, or are you just Paladin in disguise? You just have to ruin the game for people, just like he does. You are why people send me emails and stop participating on the board ...just leave already. This IS your team. This IS your staff. Your defense was nothing short of pathetic today; so instead of jawing about that, all you have to do is compliment the ISU QB's running skills and continue on with your relentless whining about the offense. IF we lost 100-98, you would still complain about the offense's inability to produce one more drive.

Then you claim to want smash-mouth football.

Nope, sorry not leaving. I will continue to post on this board and continue to bash this hack of an OC until he is gone.

Want to bet?

1AA

12 drives....10 ended in a punt or turnover.....and this was versus ISUb.

Surely you can see the obvious deficiencies with the offense.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »
Yep, O scored 10, gave up 7.

Well done

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2015, 05:39:22 PM »

Do you ever shut up? Do you ever say anything new? Do you ever contribute, or are you just Paladin in disguise? You just have to ruin the game for people, just like he does. You are why people send me emails and stop participating on the board ...just leave already. This IS your team. This IS your staff. Your defense was nothing short of pathetic today; so instead of jawing about that, all you have to do is compliment the ISU QB's running skills and continue on with your relentless whining about the offense. IF we lost 100-98, you would still complain about the offense's inability to produce one more drive.

Nope, sorry not leaving. I will continue to post on this board and continue to bash this hack of an OC until he is gone.

Want to bet?

1AA

without doubt. However, your OC is your solution and you refuse to accept it. Your defense was torched by a QB for 110-yards, 2 rushing scores and 9 times for 1st-downs. ISU simply lined up and played smash-mouth ball and we did not expect that, so we caved in. What could be worse than YSU special teams coverage? They are the worst I have ever seen, yet I do not see anyone going on about that. You and 05 simply have an agenda ...heck what is the fat-man paying you off to seed his soil? All I want is for people to acknowledge that we have issues that do need to be addressed, that extend so far beyond the OC. You have a strong O-coordinator that can help solve the issue & you do not want to hear it. Fricken HS mentality. Our defensive game plan was to stop the passes on day where there was going to be very little passing ...just brilliant coaching there.

Montgomery has produced the most potent offenses in YSU history. Try asking him what needs done.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:52:37 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2015, 06:24:02 PM »

Want to bet?

I agree with 05.  Sorry that is how it is.

ytowngirl

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2015, 06:56:12 PM »
Montgomery is the worst play caller I've seen in a long time.  He's about as bad as the current OSU OC and the University of Miami OC.  All teams that I haven't missed watching a game in many years.  This guy has regressed in his career from Miami U to Akron to YSU.  Some people need to move forward from the fact he coach Rapesberger.  I hope Pelini give him his pink slip.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:57:52 PM by ytowngirl »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »
Lol, some people just can't handle the truth.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
WIU just defeated SDSU to go 6-5.  Playoffs for WIU?  I say they deserve it, but won't get it.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2015, 07:40:50 PM »
Very disappointing to say the least. Tied for 7th in conference play with 3 wins. Just something I wouldn't expect considering  the majority of player's returning from a year ago and the  upgrades with the coaching staff and transfers. I still like the way the guins performed against Pitt, Illinois st, and NDSU. I think that's something they can built on for next season. Still there was way to much inconsistencies the entire season. Changing the culture at Y.S.U. will take time. Look at Citadel today with their backs up against the wall and knocking off South Carolina. .We need to develop that type of mentality..Talk to everyone in the spring..Happy Holidays !!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:49:31 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »
How about we all wait a day or so before we start worrying about next year
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »
It looked like Ohio State was running YSU's offense. 

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2015, 08:55:47 PM »
It looked like Ohio State was running YSU's offense.

Irony of that is that OSU's co-Offensive Coordinator Tim Beck was Bo's OC last year. 

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2015, 09:06:15 PM »

Want to bet?

1AA

Our defensive game plan was to stop the passes on day where there was going to be very little passing ...just brilliant coaching there.

Montgomery has produced the most potent offenses in YSU history. Try asking him what needs done.

Best post of the day ^^^^^^^

The game today sounds very similar to when Melvin Gordon destroyed Bo's defense last year.

The game in Wisconsin was snowy and cold.  Wisconsin's QB had the worst QB rating in the Big Ten, and it was obvious that their Heisman Trophy running back would receive the majority of the work.  Bo's defense came out in Cover 2 coverage with a 2 high safety look.  They stayed in that look the entire first half and Melvin Gordon ran for over 230 yards...in the half.  In those conditions, and after you are getting torched, why play to stop the pass??

This is where my roommate went bonkers....  The second half starts, and Bo's defense is in the same defensive set.  Basically Quarters Coverage with NO safety help in the box to help support the run defense.  Gordon had 400+ yards by the mid-point in the 4th quarter, and the snow kept falling.

I didn't get to see the game today on my ESPN app, what defensive scheme did they try to run?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2015, 09:20:41 PM »
Lol, some people just can't handle the truth.

clearly

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2015, 03:53:11 PM »
Memo, to Pelini haters .  Your program just like ours are both in decline. You guys should have never left the Big 12., we should have never joined the Gateway.  Both programs had Legends that coached them you with Osborne, us with Tressel.  Nobody wants to go to Nebraska to play , same as Ytown because of our area and FCS status.  Just accept it,  I have it's tough.  Football has changed the tv dollars rule and some programs will always be elite Which Nebraska or my Penguins probably will never be.  At least I can root for the Buckeyes and sorry do to that you live in East Cornville you just have the huskers.  I have an idea why don't you create a bowl and call it the Corn Bowl with your 7 wins a year that you will get You will be a great host!  My whole point is Pelini isn't the problem just look in the mirror it's staring you in the face!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »
"The Pelini Obsession Disorder" (POD):

A pathological fixation on a person who coaches a college sport.  The afflicted individual(s) may cyber stalk forums to express their unhealthy preoccupation.  Epidemiological studies have found regional epidemics in localities such as NE and ND, where there is little to distract them from their disorder.  Living in your mama's basement is noted to be a strong risk factor.