Author Topic: Attention NDSU Fans  (Read 5555 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Attention NDSU Fans
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »
I have run this board since since 1989 (in some form or fashion). Now don't take this too seriously, but not everything that you are involved in is important; or even worth reading. You come on here and post the same crap in about 12 different threads. You do not even have the courtesy to keep it all in one thread. So please stay away until we play you next year. I think that we also owe you a home basketball game, so feel free to talk then. IN the mean time, stop posting crap from b-rated bloggers who think they are news, or their topic is even newsworthy. Bo has one more game and since we failed to capitalize on his hire this year, we need his mouth until we finish recruiting. He to more profanity-laced exploits on the 21st. Then do us a favor ...try to find an Indiana State board and see if they care. NDSU and YSU are the same thing ... a sub-division team that major media could care less about. Deal with it ...127 other teams do.

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Attention NDSU Fans
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »
Years ago I took a teacher workshop in which a topic was managing class discussions. A strategy disucssed was that rather than responding to stupid comments, ignore them and allow them to sink of their own weight. I found that over the years to be very effective.  It seems that it would work here. Many people, whether some of the YSU people or from other places are being outrageous or provacative to seek attention. By reponding in kind they are given what they want.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 06:20:32 PM »
NDSU and YSU are the same thing ... a sub-division team that major media could care less about. Deal with it ...127 other teams do.

A sad but true statement, as much as we would like it to be different FCS, is just the orphan child.

Actually the one guy, Lakes maybe, was not too bad, the others were weak.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:21:29 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »
Years ago I took a teacher workshop in which a topic was managing class discussions. A strategy disucssed was that rather than responding to stupid comments, ignore them and allow them to sink of their own weight. I found that over the years to be very effective.  It seems that it would work here. Many people, whether some of the YSU people or from other places are being outrageous or provacative to seek attention. By reponding in kind they are given what they want.

I agree, I signed off on the NDSU game last night. BTW I will admit that there are 3 or so posters on this forum that I have blacklisted. I just do not read their posts.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »
yes Lake seems very nice and I am sure that the all can be; but we are not that kind of fans or board and it is getting a bit much.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »
I enjoy Lakes' posts.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Buford

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 01:38:50 PM »
Noted. Thanks for having us. See you next year. If you make it to the game next year, don't get the pretzels. They're awful.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 01:43:44 PM »
Noted. Thanks for having us. See you next year. If you make it to the game next year, don't get the pretzels. They're awful.

Bong hits =  less police brutality.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen