Author Topic: Lets be clear about this  (Read 30083 times)

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Lets be clear about this
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 12:06:46 PM »

ALso, do you see any other coaches, either FCS or FBS carry on during the game like him?  Some here seem to be proud of his behavior,  I think is embarrassing and will cost us a game at some point.  He really does need anger management.  A true leader doesn't behave like that.

Good post..Wolford won some big games but not in crunch time. I think if Wolford is the head coach NDSU doesn't get the pass interference call. The officials have it in for Bo and always will as long as he is the coach here..and your right he does need anger management classes..we are in the national media right now for all the wrong reasons and it's embarrassing

As I have said before, my roommate is a big a Nebraska fan.  After the Texas A&M game in which Pelini's sideline temper and demeanor was first shown nationally while at Nebraska, he was asked by the AD and Chancellor to attend anger management classes.  That is one of the things Bo cites as the "school not supporting him."  He saw it as a breach in faith, but the school just wanted him to get some help in those situations so his temper didn't escalate into something worse.  Well, as you can see, he has no intention of ever changing.  And asking him to change, will only further breed a "me vs them" mentality.

As the other poster said, we want Youngstown to be known for the games we play, not the behavior of its coach.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:08:19 PM by Blo Pelini »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »
The refs from this game, and all MVFC refs, will remember this going forward. Nice job!

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 04:16:35 PM »
He is a good coach that's why all the B.S. There is a lot  of misinformation that's thrown out there and they hope it sticks.
There might be some misinformation out there, but his problem is that there is so much actual true information that lies about him don't need to be made up. He had a epic meltdown aimed at the Nebraska fan base where some of his anger was about the lack of support he thought the team and him were not getting, and his microphone was on when he went on a F bomb tirade basically saying the fans suck as well as his bosses. And that was aimed at a college where they hold what 80+ k and sell out every game and throw more money at the football program than almost any college out there. Yeah I am sure he is just all peaches and cream when he gets home every night from his job at YSU with what, 5,000 people at a do or die game at home against the defending national champs. The second that Nebraska money runs out he is probably out the door looking for a better gig. The BS that he did at Nebraska is documented no ifs about it. Sure you got him for a deal, makes you wonder why Nebraska was willing to let him go doesn't it.

Should there have been more people at the game, sure, but not because who we were playing, no one really cares about Dakota schools around here. More people should show up because YSU is playing. As has been posted a thousand times any football in the state of OHIO is a hard sell unless it is Ohio State. It will take a couple of years of winning to get the crowds back.

Ok TennBison, be honest, why the heck do you even care about Bo, I mean what about him has you on an opposing teams site making posts about him and his time at Nebraska? 

I know you will read this so fess up, why the Bo obsession?
I don't give a crap about him, the fact that his meltdown happened against the Bison is the only reason I even have any interest. The last three years in a row against the Bison your coaches have had conniption fits that make great forum topics. And having read and seen Bo do this in the news and knowing his story at Nebraska it was compelling to keep tabs on him to see if the streak would continue. He did not disappoint. And the videos all over the internet right now of him and his brother at the end make them come off as Abbott and Costello. So if you by chance think I am a big pain, well you don't have to look any further than YSU cause your coach just put you on the national map in a negative way with his actions.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 05:58:55 PM »
He is a good coach that's why all the B.S. There is a lot  of misinformation that's thrown out there and they hope it sticks.
There might be some misinformation out there, but his problem is that there is so much actual true information that lies about him don't need to be made up. He had a epic meltdown aimed at the Nebraska fan base where some of his anger was about the lack of support he thought the team and him were not getting, and his microphone was on when he went on a F bomb tirade basically saying the fans suck as well as his bosses. And that was aimed at a college where they hold what 80+ k and sell out every game and throw more money at the football program than almost any college out there. Yeah I am sure he is just all peaches and cream when he gets home every night from his job at YSU with what, 5,000 people at a do or die game at home against the defending national champs. The second that Nebraska money runs out he is probably out the door looking for a better gig. The BS that he did at Nebraska is documented no ifs about it. Sure you got him for a deal, makes you wonder why Nebraska was willing to let him go doesn't it.

Should there have been more people at the game, sure, but not because who we were playing, no one really cares about Dakota schools around here. More people should show up because YSU is playing. As has been posted a thousand times any football in the state of OHIO is a hard sell unless it is Ohio State. It will take a couple of years of winning to get the crowds back.

Ok TennBison, be honest, why the heck do you even care about Bo, I mean what about him has you on an opposing teams site making posts about him and his time at Nebraska? 

I know you will read this so fess up, why the Bo obsession?
I don't give a crap about him, the fact that his meltdown happened against the Bison is the only reason I even have any interest. The last three years in a row against the Bison your coaches have had conniption fits that make great forum topics. And having read and seen Bo do this in the news and knowing his story at Nebraska it was compelling to keep tabs on him to see if the streak would continue. He did not disappoint. And the videos all over the internet right now of him and his brother at the end make them come off as Abbott and Costello. So if you by chance think I am a big pain, well you don't have to look any further than YSU cause your coach just put you on the national map in a negative way with his actions.

Yea, I get it, you do not give a crap, but yet you feel the need to post about it.

You need a life dude!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 11:59:06 PM »
Double Ditto!--Enjoy your victory dude and let it go--why even waste your time,you've spoken your piece,time to move on with your life--all hail to the Bison! 8)

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »
Amazed the Bison guy didn't bring up how many ex-Nebraska players and High School kids contributed to the Bison victory.

Enjoy the win, next year won't go so well.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 12:45:50 PM »
Ditto !  8)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
Wolford was constantly on the officials when he came here and complained about them profusely.  So to say if he was here that the Bison wouldn't get that call is false.  We haven't got any calls in years.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »
Amazed the Bison guy didn't bring up how many ex-Nebraska players and High School kids contributed to the Bison victory.

Hope we get our O-Line healthy and solidified next season so the Bison can get practice chasing Jody Webb downfield in the Fargodome. ;)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 02:37:01 PM »

Hope we get our O-Line healthy and solidified next season so the Bison can get practice chasing Jody Webb downfield in the Fargodome. ;)

I agree.  We are going to be really good next year.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 02:51:20 PM »
Anybody sit in section 4 and see the Bison fan in about row 10 standing up drinking a beer right before kickoff? After the start of the game people started yelling for him and his girlfriend and /or sister to sit down because they were obstructing some people's view but instead he just turned around facing everybody behind him fanning his open arms just to taunt them. There were more Bison fans in the first or second row standing in front of some little kids who actually had to move just to watch the game.

What's up with the standing? Are they taught that on the prairie to be rude? You can tell by their attitudes they thought the game would be over by the middle of the first quarter...... ;D

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 03:23:35 PM »
Anybody sit in section 4 and see the Bison fan in about row 10 standing up drinking a beer right before kickoff? After the start of the game people started yelling for him and his girlfriend and /or sister to sit down because they were obstructing some people's view but instead he just turned around facing everybody behind him fanning his open arms just to taunt them. There were more Bison fans in the first or second row standing in front of some little kids who actually had to move just to watch the game.

What's up with the standing? Are they taught that on the prairie to be rude? You can tell by their attitudes they thought the game would be over by the middle of the first quarter...... ;D

yes ysuseasonticket I did. that is the one we were talking about yesterday. I sit with my parents and daughter in that same area. My family sits in rows 11 and 12 ...first 2 seats each. Those guys were in rows 6 & 7 a few seats in toward the 50 (nice seats) ...they finally decided to leave.

I made a few comments. It was really just the one guy drinking & imitation another fan. I told him he should not be drinking, have some respect for those sitting behind him & that is what the student/visiting section is for. He said he wanted to sit over on the home side to taunt us.

Then someone else said that we do not do that here at Youngstown. He (the YSU fan) was polite at first, but then the kid opened his mouth and the YSU fan took exception. I could see that one spiraling out of control real quickly ... that is when I texted the YSU police. Unfortunately they sent an older officer and again only the one kid was rude to the police officer. The others had already sat down. It was silly and I did not want to miss the game. The Kennedy's and Zaborski's were not very happy either, they sit right behind the NDSU group.

I said that I had just texted the police and if they do not have tickets or they are drinking ...they would be advised to leave now or pour it out and be quiet. They left right after the older officer went to get more help. Then the police talked to another NDSU group in the 2nd and 3rd rows, but they could not have been nicer-acting people.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:29:36 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 04:28:56 PM »

Typically Bison fans stand quite often during the home games. Especially when on defense. Some sections have many groups/rows that stand almost the whole game. Not sure how it started, but it is not unusual to see many do that. It is a problem for some people when they have seats down at the opposite end of the field where the play is and they are in the first ten rows. I have seen in some of the more intense games where it seems the whole Southwest corner of the Fargodome which is the student section has stood up for what seems the entire game. Most fans seem to put up with it as it has gone on and gained more people doing it over the years and more doing it the last 4 or so than before. But for sure it could be a problem for families with older fans and young kids.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 04:36:34 PM »

13,000 open seats.  If it annoyd them that much they could have move 10 seats in any direction.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 04:45:04 PM »

13,000 open seats.  If it annoyd them that much they could have move 10 seats in any direction.

So OUR fans should move to accomodate YOUR fans.  Thanks for that.  That is precisely what we have all come to expect from the almighty bison.  We must bow down and make way!!!  Haha