Author Topic: Message to North Dakota State fans who want to tailgate at YSU!  (Read 21179 times)

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Message to North Dakota State fans who want to tailgate at YSU!
« on: November 11, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »
Anyone coming in from Fargo who wants to tailgate, be CERTAIN to stop by the "fun tent" for food, drinks & the "special".......WE DO A "SHOTSKI" one hour before kickoff (around 1pm, around 1:30pm many at the tent then go to the game so come early).  The red & white tent is in the larger tailgate lot next to 5th Avenue with lettering that says basically: ORIGINAL YSU TAILGATE CREW."  YSU FAN (aka Babe) wants to return the good time he had in Fargo.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Message to North Dakota State fans who want to tailgate at YSU!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Nice idea YSU FAN, then you simply poison the punch with a knockout drug good for 3-4 hours and shut them up for the game! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 02:29:44 PM »
Nice idea YSU FAN, then you simply poison the punch with a knockout drug good for 3-4 hours and shut them up for the game!

Come on man! 
 :P

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »

Come on man! 
For the "less hip" from ND, it's spelled C'mon man! 
Upper tailgate lot, second row up from Taco Bell looking down toward the hill about 3 spots in from 5th ave.  You can open your own beer if you think it may be tainted! Penguin Nick isn't the only friendly Quin supporter.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »

Come on man! 
For the "less hip" from ND, it's spelled C'mon man! 
Upper tailgate lot, second row up from Taco Bell looking down toward the hill about 3 spots in from 5th ave.  You can open your own beer if you think it may be tainted! Penguin Nick isn't the only friendly Quin supporter.
In case you do stop second ASILE not second row or cars.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 02:57:17 PM »
Gotta love the bison fans.  Love how they claim our board is so nasty yet they apparently fail to read their own and seemingly see no issues. I also Love how they think every city and third world country should know who they are, where they are, how many rings they have, blah blah blah. But for the sake of all things holy dont let them find out you dont know them.  Heres another lovely item, they can't seem to grasp that y-town doesnt care about fcs football.  I mean...if you read our board for less than a minute they would know thats just how it is.  And how its been for years.  Yet they just cant stand that not only do our people not know who THEY are, or who WE are, they for some ungodly reason can't fathom people in our area flat out would rather watch the Buckeyes. I mean its like they cant breath without finding something to pick on.  Its really enjoyable.  I recommend you all take a gander at their board.  They clearly enjoy ours.  Btw..."Bison 4 Life" love the glasses!  Anyhoo, sorry for the long post.  Just wanted to see if it would be worthy enough to end up on their board too. 

Go Guins!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:00:27 PM by YSU FAN#34 »

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
Gotta love the bison fans.  Love how they claim our board is so nasty yet they apparently fail to read their own and seemingly see no issues. I also Love how they think every city and third world country should know who they are, where they are, how many rings they have, blah blah blah. But for the sake of all things holy dont let them find out you dont know them.  Heres another lovely item, they can't seem to grasp that y-town doesnt care about fcs football.  I mean...if you read our board for less than a minute they would know thats just how it is.  And how its been for years.  Yet they just cant stand that not only do our people not know who THEY are, or who WE are, they for some ungodly reason can't fathom people in our area flat out would rather watch the Buckeyes. I mean its like they cant breath without finding something to pick on.  Its really enjoyable.  I recommend you all take a gander at their board.  They clearly enjoy ours.  Btw..."Bison 4 Life" love the glasses!  Anyhoo, sorry for the long post.  Just wanted to see if it would be worthy enough to end up on their board too. 

Go Guins!!!

Its Bisonville.  We have weekly dumpster fires on that board.
Its all entertainment, dont take things so seriously.

It's 2 teams that have a lot riding on Saturdays game.
Did you expect us to mail you pizza and beer?

Roll with the punches a little more and have some fun.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »
All of my live experiences with Fargo Fans have been good. We need to remember that NDSU is the only game in town, unless UND smartens up and moves to the MVFC. This means a few things:

1. Great players from the state of ND will go to great collegiate programs. However, more great players come out of the Valley than the entire state of ND ...none of these OH, PA or ND guys even considered YSU or NDSU.

2. Good DI players from the Valley will consider YSU only until their first FBS offer arrives. At the very least they can drive 15-minutes to Kent or 30-minutes to Akron and be in the MAC ...an FBS conference. Yes I know that the chosen ones will berate the MAC, but at the end of the day it is a conference with highest number of NFL players than any other & it is the highest-level of football; so whether or or not an FCS team could beat them is irrelevant. This is something that NDSU fans have no idea about. It simply does not exist there.

3. Okay players can fill-up your roster, if you want teams like we have had for the past 5-10 years.

4. The largest program in Ohio is Ohio State, OSU has more people in their student section alone, than the Fargo-Dome holds. You do understand that this team has tickets starting at $80 (good luck finding one for less that 4 or 5 times that) & sells out over 104,000 seats per home game.

5. There are 2 DI programs in the state of North Dakota. There are 14 DI programs in the state of Ohio, with 3 not supporting football programs (Xavier, Wright State and Cleveland State). YSU is the smallest school on this list. We are at the bottom of the list for any government monies. Now you can argue the ND has a lower population, so the funds are less; but at least you get the vast majority of it. YSU receives practically nothing. We are one of the few schools in the nation that are self-funded.

In short, you recruit and raise capital for more easily. We enjoy NDSU & know what success that you have had. Also realize that you will be standing in the heart of Big-10 and MAC football this Saturday ...YSU has to take a second seat. In fact, as embarrassing as it may sound to you, we schedule our FB games around Ohio State & Notre Dame. It is simply smart planning by our Athletic Department.

All of this being said, we welcome you & you will not find a better group of fans than here at YSU. When you are here ...you are family. You will never go without a canopy over your head, food, drink or tickets for as long as you are here. 4 of the 5 families in my group actually bring extra food, chairs and canopies every week (including me). If you need any assistance feel free to post here or email me directly if you need recommendations for anything.

I encourage everyone to post your favorite things to do, places to see, and food to eat in the area.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:56:28 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »
Sooo let me ask a question.  Why do you assume i am not also entertaining?  And why would you suggest i roll with punches and havefun?  Why do you assume i MUST feel like i/we are being attacked? 

Is it just because i said maybe a little sumthin' about you or your fans or your team or anything bison related?

Well what did YOU expect?  Btw we have plenty of our own good pizza and beer but thanks!

Trust me skippy it is ALL fun and nothing more

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 03:59:31 PM »
when I was at YSU 2 years ago, there was 100 OSU shirts and 2 YSU shirts out at the bars the night before, I proceeded to buy those 2 guys beers and chat.

I think NDSU wished that your town supported your college, but what the hell.

and NDSU is #1 with a bullet up here, und has zero bearings on anything.

lets see, yes I partied with a ton of YSU guys in their tailgate in 2013 any bisonfans reading this better go up here and party with these guys!!

ps-  NDSU should be FBS. period, I think its a joke that we are still in fcs. but we can fight about that another time.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »
when I was at YSU 2 years ago, there was 100 OSU shirts and 2 YSU shirts out at the bars the night before, I proceeded to buy those 2 guys beers and chat.

lets see, yes I partied with a ton of YSU guys in their tailgate in 2013 any bisonfans reading this better go up here and party with these guys!!

ps-  NDSU should be FBS. period, I think its a joke that we are still in fcs. but we can fight about that another time.
Lots of Buckeye support, because we have the Buckeyes.  Same for Cavs, because we have the Cavs.  Let's see, ND you have the Bison and the real bison and snow..........yep, that's about it!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:26 PM »

How many Notre Dame shirts did you see?  ;D

There are some high schools that get more support. I simply don't understand it.

I don''t know why we don't get more local support.....its been a heated topic on here many times before.

Those that said the average Youngstown resident, who may go to a game or 2 a year, has no idea who you are...he is right.

It's a sad indictment but we're just second fiddle, always have been.

We would get a lot more buzz playing a bottom feeder from  the MAC than playing the FCS national champs  ::)

That's where a lot of the local high school heroes end up.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:18:41 PM by HappyPenguin »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
Right now NDSU is on a real roll, best FCS roll ever, but it wasn't always that way and will not always be this way either.  Before we pound Youngstown into the ground, and beat Penguin fans to death, the economic situation has crushed YO more than any city I know.  Population is down more than half and poverty has doubled and look at attendance so far this year:
                                                Home   Away
Sep 12, 2015    ROBERT MORRIS     16622    
Sep 19, 2015    SAINT FRANCIS     17428    
Oct 03, 2015    at South Dakota               10015
Oct 10, 2015    #4 ILLINOIS STATE     17715    
Oct 17, 2015    #7 SOUTH D STATE    14974    
Oct 24, 2015    at Southern Illinois                 8459
Oct 31, 2015    at #23 Western Illinois        2610
Nov 07, 2015    MISSOURI STATE     11077   
I believe the last time we played NDSU in ND the attendance was 13,164 or less that we drew for St. F.
Yes they are averaging 18K and we are only 13K but 13K is a lot better than most FCS. 

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 05:43:42 PM »
Right now NDSU is on a real roll, best FCS roll ever, but it wasn't always that way and will not always be this way either.  Before we pound Youngstown into the ground, and beat Penguin fans to death, the economic situation has crushed YO more than any city I know.  Population is down more than half and poverty has doubled and look at attendance so far this year:
                                                Home   Away
I believe the last time we played NDSU in ND the attendance was 13,164 or less that we drew for St. F.
Yes they are averaging 18K and we are only 13K but 13K is a lot better than most FCS.

Don't forget, we aren't climate controlled either. 2 really poor weather games this year. Only half of us can afford raincoats so you have to factor that in  :o

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 02:16:03 AM »
                                                Home   Away

There is no way there was 11,000 people at that YSU Misery State game last week. The athletic department clearly goes by what tickets were sold not how many people actually showed.