Author Topic: QB Thread  (Read 43714 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: QB Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »
Wells stinks. He will be at Edinboro next year. Monty will be at Akron. If they are here we will not smell the playoffs.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:36:01 PM by peteonastick »
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2015, 06:42:38 AM »
We punted at least 8 times, got only 12 first downs, scored only 10 points and lost the TOP by 10 minutes against Indiana State.  You've got to be kidding me, I can't believe those stats.  What a debacle.  The offense has regressed.

The defense went from one of the worst in the country to one of the best.  How?  I'll tell you how....................coaching.  Flat out coaching and with only 2 players that were brought in by the new staff.  However you can't leave them on the field the entire game and expect to win.  The offensive performance was offensive.

By comparison look at what a coaching change has done to Ohio State.  Nearly identical team from last year and the OC (a Mooney guy and obvious boob) wrecks the supercar like a novice.  NFL talent all over the place and train wrecks it on the biggest stage.

I hate watching our offense shut down against every defense with a pulse.  Coaching matters and Montgomery needs to go.  Period.  To those that defend the OC tell me this:  Why do we run a read option with a QB that will never run the ball?  Does that make any sense?  Does it matter which way the DE crashes when the QB isn't running the ball anyway?  They fumbled the ball at the mesh yesterday and every defensive player was attacking the RB.  How does the RB have a chance with 9 in the box?  How is it an "option" if there is no option?  What a disaster.  Why does every team shut us down in the second half? 

I've had enough of this already.  After 5 years of watching him be outclassed, especially in the second half of games, I don't need to see anymore.  I have enough data to know that we are like Baylor where we can hang 70 on inferior opponents, but face a decent defense and chances are we fold like a house of cards and lose.  How many times have we seen that?  Way too many for me.  Time to move on and part ways.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:14:44 AM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2015, 06:54:30 AM »
From The Vindicator:

"In all, YSU ran just nine plays in the fourth quarter, gained four combined-yards and failed to pick up a first down. It was an eerily similar performance to last week’s final quarter in which the Penguins blew a 14-point fourth quarter lead to North Dakota State."

Bo Pelini said, "We played terrible on offense. I mean, what are you gonna say?”  “I don’t know if we even got a first down in the last quarter and a half."

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:00:20 AM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2015, 07:11:06 AM »
Meanwhile, the freaking Citadel will make the playoffs after beating South Carolina.  I was wrong earlier.  We don't deserve the playoffs.  We've done nothing to deserve it.  Had we hammered ISUb I could make the argument considering our conference schedule. The playoff filed will look ridiculous outside the blue chips that are always in it.  Now the playoffs once in 14 years.  Unacceptable.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »
Davis should go to Slippery Rock to take over after Dante (who is having a great season - good for him) leaves he will be a big star there.  Well's is probably D3 material but I don't think good enough for a Mount Union not tough enough.  Definitely does not like contact.