Author Topic: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.  (Read 114757 times)

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2015, 09:30:35 PM »
Thought it was a pretty good game, proud of my guins. D looked good, O did a nice job but was a little flat in the 4th.

One more game this year but I am excited about the future of the program.

I expected more from NDSU.

Their fans were ok, couple of blowhards but most schools have that. Still classless for how they disrespect the National Anthem.

I have to laugh how these other schools (SDSU and NDSU) get so hung up on Bo, unless they are jealous, why would they care.
Proud of guins--I'm no fan of moral victories but feel that for the most part we are heading back to the upper echelon of FCS.This past season we lost by a score to the ACC Pitt Panthers,lost by 3 pts to the perennial Nat'l Champions and 2pts to the Runner-Ups.Agree with your post in its entirety.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2015, 10:06:55 PM »
very disappointed in the crowd.  2 years ago vs ndsu there was 15000 right?

today maybe 5000?  wow. looked like 2500 on tv.

was a hard fought game, ndsu pulled out the win.... somehow.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2015, 10:31:48 PM »
very disappointed in the crowd.  2 years ago vs ndsu there was 15000 right?

today maybe 5000?  wow. looked like 2500 on tv.

was a hard fought game, ndsu pulled out the win.... somehow.

Not sure of the announced crowd today but the Ill St game was the only time this year where we had a good crowd.

It was a good game, weather was much better than I expected
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2015, 11:10:49 PM »
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini

"Pelini will probably land another head coaching job at a lower-level FBS school that is looking to hire a marquee name. Never mind that extra baggage.

It's really too bad Bo couldn't turn a new leaf and act somewhat human."

Garbage hit piece. 

The yelling concerns me none.  The anemic offense and 5 losses concern me some...but I'll cut him slack for his first year.  Since when did football become filled with glass-jawed lightweights who can't handle loud words.  Is this still football or is it now a chess club?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline BigJ

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2015, 12:25:44 AM »
I was shocked to see that Kevin Schneph wrote such an article because he is the most mild mannered sportswriter that one would fine anyplace.  Not only did Bo’s actions touch a nerve with him, but with me and others as well.

NEVER in my life have I seen such a sideline tirade.  It was embarrassing.  He totally lost his cool when he was in no position to see the pass interference call.

If it has not already happened, the word will be - the way to beat Youngstown is to get in Bo Pelini’s head.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2015, 12:28:52 AM »
I was shocked to see that Kevin Schneph wrote such an article because he is the most mild mannered sportswriter that one would fine anyplace.  Not only did Bo’s actions touch a nerve with him, but with me and others as well.

NEVER in my life have I seen such a sideline tirade.  It was embarrassing.  He totally lost his cool when he was in no position to see the pass interference call.

If it has not already happened, the word will be - the way to beat Youngstown is to get in Bo Pelini’s head.

Nothing in that article was inaccurate.
This was the #1 read sports article at the Washington Post today>  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/11/14/bo-pelini-suffers-another-meltdown-in-youngstown-state-loss-to-ndsu/

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2015, 12:50:41 AM »
Nice pics--but after seeing that play 8 times--definitely a bogus call--send the ref a thank you card ::)

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2015, 02:06:46 AM »
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini

"Pelini will probably land another head coaching job at a lower-level FBS school that is looking to hire a marquee name. Never mind that extra baggage.

It's really too bad Bo couldn't turn a new leaf and act somewhat human."

Garbage hit piece. 

The yelling concerns me none.  The anemic offense and 5 losses concern me some...but I'll cut him slack for his first year.  Since when did football become filled with glass-jawed lightweights who can't handle loud words.  Is this still football or is it now a chess club?

Yelling is one thing.  Losing your mind in anger to the point where you are searching out any ref in the area just to vent is quite another. 

If history has shown anything, and the articles linked touch on it, is that when Bo loses focus on the game to chew out the refs, his teams usually loses focus and spirals also.  That is probably why people should care, year one or not.

But, when the Washinton Post writes stories about Bo's tantrums, then maybe Maryland won't hire him away.  Silver lining.   :)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2015, 02:22:19 AM »
Blo,

In all honesty, he wasn't going to Maryland after only one year here. Whether or not our season turned out the way it did or that game. I'm not going to claim to know how long he really will be here, but I would have bet money against all the Maryland rumors. I personally think he will be here at least another two seasons (that way its closer to when his money runs out). I don't know that for a fact, but I don't think he would have come here for just one year.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2015, 02:24:31 AM »
Tough loss. That was a solid showing by the guins, just couldn't get it at the end. I'm proud of our guys though. Put up a hell of a fight on the reigning champs.

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2015, 03:00:06 AM »
Blo,

In all honesty, he wasn't going to Maryland after only one year here. Whether or not our season turned out the way it did or that game. I'm not going to claim to know how long he really will be here, but I would have bet money against all the Maryland rumors. I personally think he will be here at least another two seasons (that way its closer to when his money runs out). I don't know that for a fact, but I don't think he would have come here for just one year.

I totally agree.  But, with the record number of schools looking for head coach after this year, it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2015, 06:38:05 AM »
I love Bo's passion, but not how he expresses it.  That call by the ref on the interference call was very weak.  No game should be determined that way.  Bo isn't going anywhere.  He didn't come home to leave. I truly believe he will fix the program.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2015, 06:47:35 AM »
6,000 hahahaha more like 600.  Exactly like predicted from someone on here the program is now a circus.
[/quot

How is the program a circus?  Were you there? Hell there were Bison fans that flew to the game? The Penguins are playing hard right now which you want in November.  That wasn't happening here the last 5 yes and in a Vindy article this past summer a player is on record saying how players gave up last year.  I was 1 of the 6k that was there the Youngstown community missed a great game. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2015, 07:40:11 AM »
I love Bo's passion, but not how he expresses it.  That call by the ref on the interference call was very weak.  No game should be determined that way.  Bo isn't going anywhere.  He didn't come home to leave. I truly believe he will fix the program.

I agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne