Author Topic: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.  (Read 114728 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »
They travel well so we need a good crowd
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 10:40:18 PM »
I'm happy with the past three weeks and we have improved but anyone who honestly believes we have a chance to keep this game within 14 needs to get a sense of reality. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois and Missouri State are deplorable. I will consider this game successful if we keep it within 3 touchdowns.
Southern Illinois lost to Indiana(Big 10)by 1 point--Indiana gave Ohio State a rough time.They lost to the mighty Bison by 6 points--not bad to a perennial National Champion.Western Illinois beat UNI a few weeks back.Missouri State is the only deplorable team in the MVFC.I know that NDSU is playing their best football now but keep in mind that they were beaten by USD in Fargo in spite of several turnovers and even gained more yards,more 1st downs,and more time of possession than the sometime invincible Bison.YSU beat them on their own turf easily.If we limit the mistakes and penalties and our crippled O-Line steps up we will keep it within 3 td's.Pitt is the best team we will face all season and we kept it closer than 3 td's. 8)

ValleyTalk

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 10:45:54 PM »
I'm happy with the past three weeks and we have improved but anyone who honestly believes we have a chance to keep this game within 14 needs to get a sense of reality. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois and Missouri State are deplorable. I will consider this game successful if we keep it within 3 touchdowns.
Is this the guy who was tweeting a few weeks back he wanted Wolf back?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »
The storyline in this game will be their offense against our defense. They average around 240 on the ground and their quarterback has done a nice job filling in for Wentz. The fact they only managed a 6 point win on the road against Southern most recently gives me hope. In that game they rushed for 400 yards and that was their key to victory. We have the number #1 defense in the conference for a reason and I really like the match-up there. I don't think they have faced a defense this year quite like ours. Their defense on the other hand never seems to miss a beat. Our offense needs to produce and make the most of their opportunities in the red-zone

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 11:32:54 AM »
NDSU finally put together a complete game last week, quite frankly the natives were getting restless after the USD loss (broken wrist by our QB) and the last 2 weeks have been shaky with the NEW freshman QB at the helm.

NDSU defense has drastically improved as the year has gone by, I think this YSU/NDSU game is going to be a slug fest and street fight.   if NDSU can continue pounding the football and controlling the Line of Scrimmage NDSU wins .   If Not, then YSU could get momentum!

NDSU will bring fans, I went 2 years ago and we had 1500-2000 fans there, should be the same this week.  I know 3 busses that are bringing fans.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »
Maybe we will have 20,000 for Saturday.  Isn't it only supposed to rain in the morning.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 11:48:46 AM »
Maybe we will have 20,000 for Saturday.  Isn't it only supposed to rain in the morning.

Lol, easy there.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »
How's the Linebackers play been for YSU?  that could be a key to this game.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »

Not based on last week's attendance.  Buckeyes playing at noon this weekend will keep some of the fair-weather  fans away.

Offline YSU_Penguins17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
Is this the guy who was tweeting a few weeks back he wanted Wolf back?

Is this the guy who leaves early to go watch a high school game? You won't even be there the whole game this week again.
"The Red and White are waving..."

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 12:28:42 PM »
The green helmets were your good luck charm last week but you are forbidden to play with them in Youngstown..lol.. Your QB might have been shaky early on but to complete 4 TD passes last week to 4 different receivers is impressive. The linebacker play has been very solid as of late. The run defense has really made great strides since the loss to SDSU. We can really bring it and get after it on that side of the ball. Seeing how physical your offensive line is there is little room for margin of error
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:31:09 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 02:17:14 PM »
The green helmets were your good luck charm last week but you are forbidden to play with them in Youngstown..lol.. Your QB might have been shaky early on but to complete 4 TD passes last week to 4 different receivers is impressive. The linebacker play has been very solid as of late. The run defense has really made great strides since the loss to SDSU. We can really bring it and get after it on that side of the ball. Seeing how physical your offensive line is there is little room for margin of error

Thanks.

yea, Like i said, smashmouth old school football and we should know by halftime who is winning this game in my opinion.

Here's a BIG factor in the game saturday:

Bo Pelini had NDSU RB King Frazier in Nebraska, King will want to show him how good he is.

Bo Pelini Didnt even offer a "walk on" at Nebraska to 2 Nebraska stars WR RJ Urzendowski & QB Easton Stick.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 02:51:53 PM »

Thanks.

yea, Like i said, smashmouth old school football and we should know by halftime who is winning this game in my opinion.

Here's a BIG factor in the game saturday:

Bo Pelini had NDSU RB King Frazier in Nebraska, King will want to show him how good he is.

Bo Pelini Didnt even offer a "walk on" at Nebraska to 2 Nebraska stars WR RJ Urzendowski & QB Easton Stick.

That's not so encouraging  :-[

As for LB play, Lee Wright has been a tackling machine last couple games. The rest sub in and out and aren't very noticeable.

O-line isn't as good as the past few years...some injuries and other things. We weren't exactly a brick wall against you then either so that's very concerning.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
NDSU coach Klieman was very concerned about playing Youngstown St and said it's going to be a challenge especially at Stambough Stadium.

the video should hit at this site sometime this afternoon https://www.youtube.com/user/NDSUAthletics/videos

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »
5dimes:  YSU +7  O/U:  53
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen