Author Topic: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.  (Read 115885 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
Thoughts?
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »
Since the loss to S.D.S.U. this team has made great strides. They could've very easily folded after the loss to Southern but didn't. The coaches will have the players ready for the Bison. It will come down to execution and in game adjustments. I look for a tight game..it could go either way

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:03:44 PM »
Most Bison fans feel that since it's November YSU will fold as in previous years--NDSU is now playing outstanding ball and it will take a supreme effort to defeat them.I remember the first time I saw them @ Stambaugh when most felt they would beat us by 50 points--their fans were walking around shell-shocked after that one.I also remember when we had the game in the bag @ Stambaugh and Wolf decided to go for a td instead of running the clock down and winning it with a fg.We took the fg and stupidly left a minute on the clock so they could come back and score.It is November but since Wolf is gone we may have different results.Hopefully we smack this team from the get go and keep smackin em till the final play.USD proved they're not invincible and I remember a few years back we went to the Fargodome and knocked them on their ass. fb

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 12:31:06 PM »
They will likely shut our run game down and we will throw a pick 6.  Defense will keep it close.  We will need them to create some turnovers.  Special Teams will be critical and may have to win it.  Our offense is not good enough to score more than 1 TD on them.  Heck we may not score one TD.  This will need to be a team effort and the offense must not F *** this game up with turnovers or mismanagement of the clock.  Defense is going to get a lot of playing time.  We won't be able to win TOP vs their defense.  I see another Montgomery meltdown.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:43:57 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 12:40:10 PM »
They will shut the run down, as they always do. Wells is going to have to be on point. Cautiously optimistic. Defense will have to get some pressure on the QB and create a couple turnovers. I just think they beat us up front and pull away late for a win. Haven't seen enough from the O-Line to say otherwise.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »
Most Bison fans feel that since it's November YSU will fold as in previous years--NDSU is now playing outstanding ball and it will take a supreme effort to defeat them.I remember the first time I saw them @ Stambaugh when most felt they would beat us by 50 points--their fans were walking around shell-shocked after that one.I also remember when we had the game in the bag @ Stambaugh and Wolf decided to go for a td instead of running the clock down and winning it with a fg.We took the fg and stupidly left a minute on the clock so they could come back and score.It is November but since Wolf is gone we may have different results.Hopefully we smack this team from the get go and keep smackin em till the final play.USD proved they're not invincible and I remember a few years back we went to the Fargodome and knocked them on their a$$. fb
Wells has to throw the ball well.... for us to win. To help him out, they need to create separations from their DBs, linebackers and safeties. Watching his passes this year, his passes were pretty accurate when our receivers created reasonable separations. When not, his passes were usually off the marks. It got worse when his eyes were locked on to those receivers. Stubbs was usually able to create separations and , we needs to use him more.

Stubbs' overhead catch just before stepping out of bound in front of the bench in yesterday's game was amazing. He did it going full speed away from the QB with one of his feet coming down within inches of the sideline after catching the ball.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 03:46:26 PM »
I will never understand the negativity that exists on here towards  the offense. If someone told me the guins would be third in total offense in conference play after the St.Francis game and with the offensive line issue's they have experienced I thought they would be crazy. If the performance against SDSU was better we would probably be first. Remember you are only as good in football as the people in front of you and around you and the same can also be said for the defensive side and special teams.That's what makes football the ultimate team sport. To say that Wells is responsible for the losses against Illinois St. and Southern is just ridiculous. The same could also be said for the defense. It's time to start believing and stop doing so much b****ing..BEAT BISON!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:41:08 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 05:25:27 PM »
Wells does make some throws that are rare at this level. Someone posted it before and I agree.

However, he stares down 1 receiver so much I've started to call him "The Cyclops".

With the health of the O-line we will need some new wrinkles for sure.

Not a great match-up for us but let's see what the big time coach can come up with. They know their backs are against the wall....win or lose as long as I don't see them quit like the last few years I will be satisfied that we are heading in the right direction.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »
I will never understand the negativity that exists on here towards  the offense. If someone told me the guins would be third in total offense in conference play after the St.Francis game and with the offensive line issue's they have experienced I thought they would be crazy. If the performance against SDSU was better we would probably be first. Remember you are only as good in football as the people in front of you and around you and the same can also be said for the defensive side and special teams.That's what makes football the ultimate team sport. To say that Wells is responsible for the losses against Illinois St. and Southern is just ridiculous. The same could also be said for the defense. It's time to start believing and stop doing so much b****ing..BEAT BISON!!

Pick 6's in both of those games, both at horrible times. Not to mention the run where his knee came down before the ball crossed. Nothing against the kid, but he's cost us some games. Hope he can prove me wrong this saturday.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 06:57:51 PM »

Football is a team sport, it is naive to single out any player or any one play and state that as the reason for a loss. Guess that we would have to keep track of everyone that missed a block, everyone that missed a tackle, every blown coverage every dropped ball. Sound absurd, it is!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »
Still looking back at the win in Brookings last season I don't think many people expected that. Personally I don't think that was a fluke and that kind of play doesn't magically disappear. Like coach Pelini said the margin of error at the quarterback  position is so slim and there's just one to many variables involved..the fact he embraces the play of Ricky Davis tells me alot..Go Guins!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »

Football is a team sport, it is naive to single out any player or any one play and state that as the reason for a loss. Guess that we would have to keep track of everyone that missed a block, everyone that missed a tackle, every blown coverage every dropped ball. Sound absurd, it is!

Ok, I'll play. A dropped pass = a pick 6?  A missed PAT = a pick 6?

Losing a down, or a point, is the equivalent of ending a drive, negating any and all gains acquired during that drive, and trading that drive for a six point gift to your opponent?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline YSU_Penguins17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »
I'm happy with the past three weeks and we have improved but anyone who honestly believes we have a chance to keep this game within 14 needs to get a sense of reality. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois and Missouri State are deplorable. I will consider this game successful if we keep it within 3 touchdowns.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:46:17 PM by YSU_Penguins17 »
"The Red and White are waving..."

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »

Ok, I'll play. A dropped pass = a pick 6?  A missed PAT = a pick 6?

Losing a down, or a point, is the equivalent of ending a drive, negating any and all gains acquired during that drive, and trading that drive for a six point gift to your opponent?

A missed block so our guy does not score, a missed tackle so their guy does score, a blown coverage so their guy scores, a dropped pass that would have been six, and so on and so on.

It is a team sport and the game is a sum of all the plays.

I have no expectations of changing anyone's mind, but that is cool, later.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ValleyTalk

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 08:15:03 PM »
Just want to throw this out there....

YSU is #2 in pass defense in the entire FCS and #6 in total defense.

Who on God's green earth thought that was possible after the last 5 years.

Proceed. BEAT NDSU!