Author Topic: Missouri State at YSU 11/07 2 pm  (Read 10549 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Missouri State at YSU 11/07 2 pm
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:09:15 AM »
Last season, Missouri State won one MVFC game and was within one score of three others, one of which was YSU. MSU was 3-1 going into the YSU game and lost 14-7. 

This season, the sole win is over a D2 program, and MSU is 1-7/0-5, and 0-4 on the road. So far two teams have scored 70 points on them, and one 60 points.  in the MVFC, MSU is last in total defense (YSU is first) and last in total offense.  They are first in punt return average, and last in almost every other category.  In TOP, MSU is last, while YSU is first.

MO St's offense hasn't seen the end zone in 13 straight quarters, and have scored 12 points over the last 3 games combined.

This is the first season at Missouri State for their HC, Dave Steckel, who was previously the DC at Mizzou.

Massey gives YSU a 97% chance of victory and predicts a score of 41-13.  5dimes has YSU -28.

Massey ranks MSU 279 in D1.  As a point of reference, our earlier NEC foe STFU is ranked 200.

YSU leads the series 12-5.

The weather forecast for kickoff currently is 52 degrees, partly cloudy, 10 MPH winds, and ZERO chance of precipitation.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Missouri State at YSU 11/07 2 pm
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 01:14:12 AM »
Do you curb stomp these guys for four quarters to feed the fans some red meat and impress the selection committee, or pull the starters early to keep them healthy for NDSU?  I would chose the later.  Go into the NDSU game with every advantage possible.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

ValleyTalk

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 07:33:35 AM »
If we see this team come out with the focus they had vs. St. Francis, I will be very excited for the following week. I want us to play a crisp game on offense, defense, and special teams. We cannot take anyone lightly.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Time to blow this team out. Rest the starters, and get ready for the Bison!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »
Do you curb stomp these guys for four quarters to feed the fans some red meat and impress the selection committee, or pull the starters early to keep them healthy for NDSU?  I would chose the later.  Go into the NDSU game with every advantage possible.

Winning out should be what impresses the selection committee, but they seem to be more concerned that you beat up the neighborhood milk toast.  I would hope we rest our starters, as we have some healing  to do, but I don't expect anything to change and no substitutions until under 4 minutes in the 4th quarter.  That is with the exception of the mandatory plays of Ricky Davis on a QB read option.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:48:40 PM by ScarletRook »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »
Whoa...whoa...whoa...I am reading a lot about a blow out, resting starters, get ready for Bison???  YSU is far from anything like that right now.  I remember a loss to a 1-9 Missouri State several years ago at home that blew our chances so back off about the blowout...take one snap at a time and focus on that!! 

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 05:58:46 PM »
Whoa...whoa...whoa...I am reading a lot about a blow out, resting starters, get ready for Bison???  YSU is far from anything like that right now.  I remember a loss to a 1-9 Missouri State several years ago at home that blew our chances so back off about the blowout...take one snap at a time and focus on that!! 

GO GUINS
Agree--no doubt YSU is capable of a blow out but hopefully the team is entirely focused on MSU--I believe Massey gave us 100% chance of beating RMU--a game were one play away from losing.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 10:05:36 PM »
For the record - I wasn't implying that Missouri State would be easy or a milk toast.  It just seems that the selection committee is more impressed with a blowout than a good game.  Just don't get unnecessary injuries.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 12:03:34 AM »
We should absolutely dominate this team. They are garbage. Given up 70+ points TWICE this year.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 08:52:04 AM »
If any mid-pack MVFC team was in any other conference, they'd be in the top two.  MSU would be bad in any conference.  I think they'd be a mid-pack NEC team. The new HC will make them competitive in a few years.

After a frustrating season, I'm sure the players (and fans) want to wail away on someone, but I would not allow the score to run up like we used to do to Valpo.  Once the lead is comfy (and it will be)...get the starters out.  If Ruiz is still injured, don't even field him unless a RMU situation repeats itself.  The season depends on beating the National Champs at the Castle next week.  Don't let a single starter get even a hangnail from this game.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 12:04:19 PM »
Time to exorcize Wolf's November demons.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »
We should absolutely dominate this team. They are garbage. Given up 70+ points TWICE this year.
Not to mention two other games giving up 63 and 56!  If my math is correct (and it is) they are giving up 49/game.  That's pretty damn bad IMO!  They have us, Northern Iowa and NDSU left.  I don't know what the MVFC record for points allowed, but they much have a shot at "immortality" in the works!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 04:08:14 PM »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 04:37:29 PM »
The head coach for Missouri St. will miss Saturday's game due to emergency eye surgery. The O.C. and D.C. will both carry out his duties

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 08:03:34 AM »
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!