Author Topic: 3 more wins!!! BO-LIEVE!!!  (Read 11070 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
3 more wins!!! BO-LIEVE!!!
« on: October 31, 2015, 08:58:26 PM »
One play at a time, 0ne quarter at a time.  One game at a time.  Let's take care of business at home.  After the beating we took a few weeks ago, we have shown there is no quit on this team.  We won on the road and closed out a game. We can do this!  If I am being a cheerleader I don't give a rats ass !!! Being negative now does nothing to get us better!!! I BO-LIEVE!!!!
A Penguin for life!!!

ValleyTalk

Re: 3 more wins!!! BO-LIEVE!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 12:36:35 AM »
Was fortunate enough to make the trip. We won this game because we wanted it more. It was a classic Valley battle!

After the game, the feeling was mutual amongst the fans and team, we got three more to go. They believe and so should we.

Beat Missouri State!!

Offline YGUINSNO1

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 07:38:32 AM »
Amen brother!   Go Guins!     I'll be there as I always am....    Go do this!!

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »
I like seeing the optimism and pride! We need more fans like this! ^
Go Guins!!!

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 11:08:30 AM »
Was fortunate enough to make the trip. We won this game because we wanted it more. It was a classic Valley battle!

After the game, the feeling was mutual amongst the fans and team, we got three more to go. They believe and so should we.

Beat Missouri State!!
We complained about our small crowd. Radio said they only have a few hundred people showed up for the game. How small was the crowd from your point of view?
Historically, they always have small crowd. Were you able to talk to some of their fans and find out why?

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
Have to continue the attitude and play 100% every play and 7-4 is possible. With Wentz out I like our chances both this week and next at home. This team goes as Wells goes. He needs to continue to mature and make better decisions. His inability to run the ball on the option plays is very disconcerting. If we can continue to patch up the o line and let the defense loose we can do this. It will be a real change winning in November finally. We live to see another day!!

Go Guins!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 12:11:07 PM »
Playoff started for us yesterday... Just need to keep winning!!!

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
On TV it looked like less than 100 in attendance at kick-off, closer to 1k by halftime.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »
On TV it looked like less than 100 in attendance at kick-off, closer to 1k by halftime.

For all the complaining about attendance at Stambaugh, our worst attendance figures put their attendance for our game to shame. And WIU is having a good season!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 04:11:59 PM »

Beat Missouri State!!
We complained about our small crowd. Radio said they only have a few hundred people showed up for the game. How small was the crowd from your point of view?
Historically, they always have small crowd. Were you able to talk to some of their fans and find out why?
At one point in the 1st quarter, there were definitely more total people on the sidelines (players, coaches, cheerleaders, fans) than in the stands. I think early on and then late in the game there may have been a couple hundred people in the stands, thanks to WIU's band.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
The stadium supposedly seats 16K, although it sure looks like it is way smaller than that.  I only saw the visitors side, and at the peak I'd say 300 being generous.  The announced  attendance was 2610...which I guess is possible if they were packed on the home side.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 04:33:43 PM »

Beat Missouri State!!
At one point in the 1st quarter, there were definitely more total people on the sidelines (players, coaches, cheerleaders, fans) than in the stands. I think early on and then late in the game there may have been a couple hundred people in the stands, thanks to WIU's band.
With that kind of attendance and lack of large sponsors in their suites, how could they justify the expense to have a football program in this conference. They are worst than the Zippy.
The amazing thing is that they were actually able to recruit good players with that miserable facility and fan support.

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »
The stadium supposedly seats 16K, although it sure looks like it is way smaller than that.  I only saw the visitors side, and at the peak I'd say 300 being generous.  The announced  attendance was 2610...which I guess is possible if they were packed on the home side.
On TV, it showed the home stand behind WIU bench. I don't think they had more than 500 people. I actually thought they had block off the other side to make everybody sit at the home side to enhance the appearance of a larger crowd. We had games in Stambaugh stadium with announced attendance of 15,000 and had 4,O00 butts on the seats (no, they were not standing up).
WIU probably did the same thing.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »

So  I guess we are not alone
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:46:47 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 08:22:26 PM »
It sounded as though they normally get around 5k and there was quite a bit of rain earlier in the day, that just let up prior to kick. Not making an excuse, jus repeating what the WIU TV announcers said. They were so bad I had to kick on 570. The delay was not too bad this time ...really no more than a few seconds.