Author Topic: YSU vs. WIU 10/31 2pm  (Read 11963 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU vs. WIU 10/31 2pm
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 12:10:25 PM »
Since when does NDSU need a QB to win a game? :)  As long as the guy can hand-off, they will win 99% of the time. They have some defensive flaws though. We match up well against them. WIU & YSU do not match up well. On offense, they do have a power back & ours are out ...that could be the difference. They rely very heavily on the LB's when it comes to defense. I think we need a typical Montgomery game. Try to establish the run, then go downfield. On defense? Any thoughts?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
Gavin Wiggins is starting today due to the multiple injuries on the line. True freshman.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »
Since when does NDSU need a QB to win a game? :)  As long as the guy can hand-off, they will win 99% of the time. They have some defensive flaws though. We match up well against them. WIU & YSU do not match up well. On offense, they do have a power back & ours are out ...that could be the difference. They rely very heavily on the LB's when it comes to defense. I think we need a typical Montgomery game. Try to establish the run, then go downfield. On defense? Any thoughts?

Wentz is a top NFL QB prospect...huge loss for NDSU.

WIU knows about the run and are prepared for it.  They know Wells is a statue.  I'd start Ricky Davis and pass on the first couple of plays, then give them a dose of Ruiz and Webb.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen