Author Topic: In Game Embarassment Thread  (Read 24386 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: In Game Embarassment Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 08:58:54 PM »
Run defense needs some work but it's hard to not allow opponents to score 30+ when you're on the field for more than half the game. That was the worst offensive performance I have ever seen. Ever.

Yea it was not pretty
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »
Run defense needs some work but it's hard to not allow opponents to score 30+ when you're on the field for more than half the game. That was the worst offensive performance I have ever seen. Ever.

Totally agree

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2015, 01:00:47 AM »
Offensive Line is the worst in many many years. Can't win games if you don't dominate up front.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2015, 08:37:22 AM »
Offensive Line is the worst in many many years. Can't win games if you don't dominate up front.

something that we should not expect if coach W was indeed a line coach and as great of a recruiter as we were led to believe.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2015, 09:27:09 AM »
As good as Ruiz and Webb are and for them to only have 17 yards on 11 carries is just pathetic..Bo said he felt good with the lineman that were in place and it shouldn't matter because you line up and play..but for Ruiz to just have 2 touches is incredible
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:43:28 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
As good as Ruiz and Webb are and for them to only have 17 yards on 11 carries is just pathetic..Bo said he felt good with the lineman that were in place and it shouldn't matter because you line up and play..but for Ruiz to just have 2 touches is incredible

Wouldn't have mattered.  There were no holes  for anyone to run through. 

They are not playing for eachother.  Maybe some of them are but far too many are not and as long as they play that way, they will not win games that require more than raw talent to win.  They need to be selfless and put others needs ahead of their own.  When they do that they will win games they aren't even supposed to win.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 10:32:23 AM »
Ruiz in in bad shape ...I am surprised he is in there at all. I liked the idea of passing out to the TB's , but unfortunately it is only going to work one game (last week). After that, everyone is going to see it on film. Besides we had no line or QB play to get the ball to anyone.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 10:38:08 AM »
Ruiz in in bad shape ...I am surprised he is in there at all.

Because of the injury from the Pitt game...and having to play out of desperation while we were losing to a partial scholly NEC team at home?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 10:52:50 AM »

Wouldn't have mattered.  There were no holes  for anyone to run through. 

They are not playing for eachother.  Maybe some of them are but far too many are not and as long as they play that way, they will not win games that require more than raw talent to win.  They need to be selfless and put others needs ahead of their own.  When they do that they will win games they aren't even supposed to win.
I agree 100%..unfortunately internal problems and divided locker rooms play a part in college football programs these days. I can sense some of that with this program. It's up to the players to do soul searching and the coaches to get it figured out. There is always a risk with bringing in transfers just like I pointed out in some of my earlier posts. But the one's we brought in are very talented. I wish I had the answers, maybe going on the road and getting out of Y-Town will be good for the team. With 6 games left there is still alot of football to be played

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 11:39:04 AM »
Ruiz in in bad shape ...I am surprised he is in there at all.

Because of the injury from the Pitt game...and having to play out of desperation while we were losing to a partial scholly NEC team at home?

Great call Nation.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »
The team is playing tentative, scared, playing not to make a mistake. Unfortunately the opposite happens and mistakes are made.  Starting out fumbling the opening kick off and catching a kick off out of bounds presents too big an obstacle to overcome. Defense was on the field way too long.  I am not a fan of Pelini yelling at the kids after a bad play.  Not a lot of people in the stands and you could hear him.  Not good.  You can yell but not after every negative play which there were a lot of. You cannot start the way we have against good teams. The Robert Morris game was a bad sign. Not sure what the answer is but if Pelini wants a full stadium they need to beat the better teams in the league.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 01:06:46 PM »
My frustration is with the play offensive play calling.  We were 2-15 on third down, 1-4 on fourth.  Ran up the middle seamed like every first down. Short pass in front of linebackers on second for little or no gain then wells threw ball in the ground on third.  Kinda like the definition for insanity... Try the same thing and hope for different results,

Then what the hell is it with this checking out of a play to run up the middle.  Are they trying to fool the defense by thinking they are changing to some deep pass play?   They did this four or five times... 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2015, 01:15:07 PM »
I think we are seeing a lot of desperation Buddy. I also think the we are trying to inject some consistency through simplicity, but it is not working at this point. Bare in mind that I am not saying that it will not work at some point, but you need to know when to sit a player down for his own good ...this includes your QB. I might add that coach M was told to dumb-down his offense by coach W ...I would be interested in knowing if this is still the case ...certainly seems that way.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:49 AM »
We need a quarterback and a defense. Like Paladin said grab the popcorn the embarassment has started.
Apparently we didn't watch the same game as IMO we need an OL and special teams?  Too many injuries on the OL, special teams play has been subpar all season.  Only Kennedy accuracy has keep focus off the rest of the special teams shortcomings.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »
We need a quarterback and a defense. Like Paladin said grab the popcorn the embarassment has started.
Apparently we didn't watch the same game as IMO we need an OL and special teams?  Too many injuries on the OL, special teams play has been subpar all season.  Only Kennedy accuracy has keep focus off the rest of the special teams shortcomings.

I think everybody sees the special teams problems. I too am a fan of Kennedy. That 49-yarder took talent and to take it on yourself took b*lls. You know, to me it did not even matter that he made it ...the guy is a "player".