Author Topic: Jacks @ YSU: Saturday 10/17 4 pm  (Read 18221 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Jacks @ YSU: Saturday 10/17 4 pm
« on: October 13, 2015, 12:53:35 PM »
The MVFC meat grinder continues Saturday as #7 (both polls) SDSU visits the Ice Castle and faces #12/#9 YSU for Homecoming weekend.  This will be the third nationally ranked opponent in a row for SDSU, and second for YSU.

SDSU (4-1/1-1) has had an impressive season so far beating Kansas, and last week ISUb 24-7.  In that win, SDSU was lead by freshman QB Taryn Christion (replacing  injured Zach Lujan) who passed for 221 yards and ran for 99 (was SDSU's leading rusher). That was the most rushing yards by an SDSU quarterback since 2006. He was 15-for-24 passing and carried the ball 16 times. For that incredible performance, Christion named MVFC Newcomer of the Week.  As a team, the Jacks ran up 428 yards. 

Jake Wieneke led SDSU receivers with five catches for 90 yards.  Jake Wieneke leads the MVFC in # of receptions as well as #yards.  As a team, SDSU leads the MVFC in passing offense.

SDSU ranks last in rushing offense in the MVFC.  SDSU ranks eighth in rushing defense.

The current spread is YSU favored by 3.  Massey basically calls it a draw, giving YSU a 49% chance of winning and predicts a SDSU victory of 28-27.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Jacks @ YSU: Saturday 10/17 4 pm
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
I think YSU matches up very well with SDSU, and I think we make it two-in-a-row versus the Jacks.  I think Ruiz and Webb will have a big day, give YSU a big TOP advantage, and keep the explosive SDSU offense off the field.  Our pass D will be among the best they see all season.

The weather forecast for kick-off is 50 degrees, partly cloudy, and with a 10% chance of rain.  In other words...perfect.

YSU 34-20
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »
Must win game.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 03:09:06 PM »
Below is my major concern!! You all think ISU (r) had a wall for a line the bunnies are biggggg!!! Next picture may have "Y"s on the helmets  :-\

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »
They may have a big oline, but our defensive line is big, fast and athletic. I feel that our ends are going to matchup well. Maybe the line is why they have such amazing passing (no pressure on qb), but I like to think our defensive line gets penetration.

If not, our secondary will be tested often. Thank god its much better than last year.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 10:04:05 PM »
Well another week where we have to prep for 2 QB's ...so it will be interesting.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 07:01:28 AM »
It will be interesting to see how the team handles the pressure of a must win game. I think the veteran leadership is there to help the younger players. After watching games of NDSU and SDSU this year I feel Illinois St. is the best out of the 3. SDSU is basically a mirror image of last year's team with a little less of a power running game. Hopefully the weather will be good the last I checked there was a 40% chance of showers and breezy conditions in the forecast.. 34-17 Guins

ValleyTalk

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 07:46:39 AM »
It will be upper forties and windy, but i do not believe it will be as wet as some reports are showing. I think a 20% chance of precipitation is possible. As you can see, Saturday has rain overnight then relatively dry the duration of the day. Hopefully this model sticks and it remains dry.

Note this animated model:

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
After watching games of NDSU and SDSU this year I feel Illinois St. is the best out of the 3.

I agree.  Check out the stats from the NDSU vs SDSU game.  The bunnies had -4 yards rushing and were 2 of 15 on third down.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 06:58:30 AM »
The forecast looks dry and cool. Most importantly the wind in the forecast has diminished considerably

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 10:05:34 AM »
I think Bo has this team fired up and they come after this freshman QB and he struggles.

YSU with a must win.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »
I think Bo has this team fired up and they come after this freshman QB and he struggles.

YSU with a must win.
I agree 05..what I did notice in the Illinois st game is how hard our backers and ends were coming up field and they were not in control and over-ran several plays. It was very easy for Tre to step up in the pocket and take off..that will have to change this week. We also need to do a better job of wrapping up..a strong push to the inside by our ends is what we need against a mobile Qb..it will force the pocket to collapse and if he bounces it outside our ends are athletic enough to get of the blocks and make a play
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:02:09 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 08:06:44 AM »
Hey everyone, wanted to let you know I woke up this morning and am ill. Enough to the point it is not feasible for me to come to the game. I will get people near where the team exits next home game. Ill be cheering the penguins on from home as I will be watching the game today.  Go Penguins!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 08:35:09 AM »
Hey everyone, wanted to let you know I woke up this morning and am ill. Enough to the point it is not feasible for me to come to the game. I will get people near where the team exits next home game. Ill be cheering the penguins on from home as I will be watching the game today.  Go Penguins!

Thank Yo!  You are a dedicated fan.  We need more like you.