Author Topic: Nwadiogbu and Kelly  (Read 6353 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Nwadiogbu and Kelly
« on: October 12, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »
Anyone know why these two didn't play?  Guins gave up 220 yards rushing, so these guys could've helped.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Nwadiogbu and Kelly
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:57:34 PM »
I'm not sure, there's a good chance the Guins will have to face another dual threat quarterback this week in Taryn Christion. The freshman made his first appearance in place of injured starter Zack Lujan and had a very good game against Indiana St. and accumulated 320 yards. Having to prepare for both Qb's and finding a way to keep Jake Wienke in check won't be easy. Hopefully our roster will be at full strength
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:58:15 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »
I listened to the Coach Pelini show and the Linebacker coach made it sound that Wright and the dellavarde sorry if I spelled it wrong are the starters now
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 11:07:22 PM »
Kelly and Bam have taken a back seat for sure. Dellovade and Wright are more mobile and more athletic and Bo likes his LB's to move. Remember last year when Kelly would get exploited trying to cover backs out of the backfield and crossing routes. Think the change has been good.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 11:53:11 AM »
Kelly and Bam have taken a back seat for sure. Dellovade and Wright are more mobile and more athletic and Bo likes his LB's to move. Remember last year when Kelly would get exploited trying to cover backs out of the backfield and crossing routes. Think the change has been good.
Agree to the "taken a back seat" comment, but that being said, not playing sounds like injury to me.  Bam has had a tough season so far physically.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »
I know Dellovade and Wright have been starting, but it seems odd the other two didn't play at all.  Wondered if maybe they were banged up or something.  Redbirds averaged 6 yards a carry, so it's not like YSU's linebackers dominated the game.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 01:20:06 PM »
I know Dellovade and Wright have been starting, but it seems odd the other two didn't play at all.  Wondered if maybe they were banged up or something.  Redbirds averaged 6 yards a carry, so it's not like YSU's linebackers dominated the game.

I have been saying this.  Our LB's seem to be a non-factor in every game.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »

I have been saying this.  Our LB's seem to be a non-factor in every game.

Agree 100%

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 06:18:19 PM »
Is Nwadiogbu injured or just not playing? I felt he was our best tackler from a year ago..didn't miss many at all

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 06:26:26 PM »
Is Nwadiogbu injured or just not playing? I felt he was our best tackler from a year ago..didn't miss many at all

He was fighting a hamstring injury early in the season. Been playing sparingly ever since.