Author Topic: Just curious  (Read 6636 times)

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Just curious
« on: October 23, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
Was watching a St Ed vs Moller game last night on tape. Got me to thinking have we ever gotten a St Ed, St Iggy or Moller player in the past at YSU?? I can not remember a one?

GOOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!

ValleyTalk

Re: Just curious
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:16:11 AM »
We have 2 player's from St. Ed's
#10 Kyle Hegedus
#18 D.J. Thomas

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »
Was watching a St Ed vs Moller game last night on tape. Got me to thinking have we ever gotten a St Ed, St Iggy or Moller player in the past at YSU?? I can not remember a one?

GOOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!
You have one now, #12 Ricky Davis. The knock on him at Moeller was he was a pro style QB and the knock on him now is he is a running QB. Watch his entire video and you tell me what you think he is. Remember, these teams he is playing against were some of the best in the country (Colerain, Elder, St. X, St Ed's and @ Louisville Trinity who was #1 in the country when this tape was taken). Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNaZbubHlao

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 01:12:55 PM »
Just curious what was the reason he transfered to Fenwick if he could do both?

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 05:18:29 PM »
Just curious what was the reason he transfered to Fenwick if he could do both?
He had 4 D1 offers at the end of his Junior year (Bowling Green, Akron, Kent State, UMass) without ever starting a Varsity game. Illinois, Toledo, Tennessee, Western Kentucky and Youngstown State was interested but wanted to see him lead a team as the starter before they would offer. The starter @ Moeller never received 1 offer to play college football. Relationships can play a big role in whether a player gets an opportunity or not. If a coach has a “guy” it will take a lot to unseat him.

Go Guins! Must win this week.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:24:17 PM by mayor »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 09:23:23 PM »

GOOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!
You have one now, #12 Ricky Davis. The knock on him at Moeller was he was a pro style QB and the knock on him now is he is a running QB. Watch his entire video and you tell me what you think he is. Remember, these teams he is playing against were some of the best in the country (Colerain, Elder, St. X, St Ed's and @ Louisville Trinity who was #1 in the country when this tape was taken). Enjoy

He did not really play ay Moeller. He transferred to Bishop Fenwick.

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 12:31:10 PM »

GOOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!

He did not really play ay Moeller. He transferred to Bishop Fenwick.

As you can tell from the tape, he did really play and they really blocked and tackled also smart a$$. I guess he didn't damage his middle finger for the rest of his life last Saturday playing for YSU and it's not really deformed because, hey, he wasn't "really the guy" was he?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:23:30 PM by mayor »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »
Gotta give Ricky a chance. The kid has talent in the right system.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »
First if all Mayor ...I like Davis. He had no choice but to transfer. Beside it was HS ...who cares or follows it? I am well aware of the fact that he is a pro-style QB; even if I wasn't, I would know that Montgomery does not want an option guy and would not recruit one unless he had passing skills.

PS: I, along with everyone else saw (and welcomed) Davis as the successor to Hess.

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
First if all Mayor ...I like Davis. He had no choice but to transfer. Beside it was HS ...who cares or follows it? I am well aware of the fact that he is a pro-style QB; even if I wasn't, I would know that Montgomery does not want an option guy and would not recruit one unless he had passing skills.

PS: I, along with everyone else saw (and welcomed) Davis as the successor to Hess.
Yeah I apologize. I am very frustrated with some things that are going on that i can't talk about on here. He loves his team and teammates. That's all that really matters. Go Guins!!