Author Topic: Bad calls  (Read 13658 times)

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Bad calls
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:20:56 PM »
No...  we were TOTALLY robbed by the refs for not going to OT.  Two overturned calls?  And the batting on the on-side kick.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bad calls
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
I don't understand how they could have reversed the 2pt conversion.  IF they would have said his knee was down....I wouldn't complain.  And unless their replays are totally different then what was shown on ESPN3, impossible for them to overturn the that play.

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:34:04 PM »
Exactly...  I just can not understand how they reversed that call...  Really, should not be reviews, unless they have cameras at this level the same as major college football.  That reversal on one or two camera angles waa ridiculous.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 10:37:01 PM »
@ysusports (Twitter) is reporting that the actual ruling was his knee was down before the possible fumble.

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 10:45:23 PM »
His knee was down while the ball was over the goal line.  And to overturn a call on the field based on that video evidence, I just don't get it.  As Sammorone just said, unless we have cameras like at FBS levels replay is very questionable at this level.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 10:47:44 PM »
How much were the refs paid?  I will double it.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 11:07:32 PM »
Not sure if this is true but they announced that Chuck Feeney from Illinois is the official that overturned it--since the governor of Illinois was watching this game it might've been a freebie. :-* :'(

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 11:43:54 PM »
FIXED FIXED FIXED!!! How could you EVER overturn that call? That is unbelievable to me. And then the kickoff my god, that's a re-kick all day long, tomorrow and next week. Worst referees I have ever seen in all my years of life. Unbelievable!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 01:03:44 AM »
Sick to my stomach about that loss.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »
On second thought, I'll just leave this forum on my own.  Jackasses like FB93 are what make me literally HATE this forum.  I won't be back, you can delete my account.  I won't even view this bullsh** anymore.

Don't leave because of this idiot.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 09:55:32 AM »
Okay, so I have another question. From my vantage point (even though a peewee player could have seen that fake punt was coming when a blocker moves up ...and we had 3-TO's left Bo), he did not make the first down by almost a whole yard . What is everyone's opinion and for those that watched on TV, how did it look?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 10:00:18 AM »
Okay, so I have another question. From my vantage point (even though a peewee player could have seen that fake punt was coming when a blocker moves up ...and we had 3-TO's left Bo), he did not make the first down by almost a whole yard . What is everyone's opinion and for those that watched on TV, how did it look?

It looked too close to overturn.  The camera angle was bad.  I don't understand how they could overturn it.  The tip of the ball was on the white goal line and his knee was down.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 10:44:48 AM »
I mean the spot on the fake punt. It did not look like he made it to the 1st-down marker by about 2-3 feet. I know that 2 people brought it up in the press conference as well.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 11:00:59 AM »
IAA Fan I have been around football my entire life and I've never seen officiating like that on any kind of level it was just bizarre. For whatever reason it seemed like they had it in for Y.S.U. from the very start and I stand behind that statement. Offensively I feel coach Montgomery called a very good game and Wells was very solid with the exception of the pick 6. When you have 400 plus yards again and close to 30 points it's a very tough loss to swallow. Our defense gave up to many big plays and Illinois St. Averaged 7.3 yards per play. I found coach Bo's post game comments very interesting..Not all is lost and I know you felt this was a must win..Next week will define our season..Win and I still like our chances

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »
I mean the spot on the fake punt. It did not look like he made it to the 1st-down marker by about 2-3 feet. I know that 2 people brought it up in the press conference as well.
I was out of town and I watched the game on espn3. The game did not come on till the 3rd Q in Pittsburgh.
On that play, I remembered telling my son that we need to watch for 2 things... One, the fake punt since I saw it in person in the RBU game this year ; second, I hope nobody will try to make a play by hitting the punter (both 5 or 15 yards).
I just don't get it. Regardless whether the blocker moved up or not, did the special team coach tell his player to watch out for it (by not aggressively setting up a punt return). On ESPN, the camera clearly focused on the blocker moved on to the left side of the line. Ysu players did not seem to make any adjustments. I cannot recall if the commentators made any comments on the possible fake punt.

IMO, the pick 6, the fake punt, the missed conversion and Wells did not use his 6'5 frame to power it into the end zone (instead of stretching it out) did us in last night.
If the Browns lose today, it will really make my weekend.