Author Topic: Bad calls  (Read 13736 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bad calls
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 11:30:02 AM »
Terrible calls all night.  Replay at that level is disgusting.  The no call on the batting of the ball was just dirty.  Agreed, Wells needed to sell out on that conversion and take some hits for the team...his inability to run the ball hurts the offense...we saw last night what a dual threat QB can do to a defense.  Roberson is for real...the drop back style in college football does not work...maybe in the pros, but not college.  Defenses are not good enough to stop that kind of threat.  Next week is the game...lose and we are done.

GO Guins
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
I agree, best and most diverse offensive play calling that Montgomery has done this year. I was yelling "time out ...timeout!!" when I saw the TE go in motion on the punt. I could not believe that one of the coaches did not call it. As to Wells ...I like the guy and he did have a better second half, but he has not shown any improvement for as many games as he has played.

Although I do not agree on the drop-back being ineffective at this level. Just because a QB has a dropping/pro style does not mean he needs to be so immobile. Drop-back guys make your option much more effective as you do not bring in as much pressure all the time.

Well demonstrates he has a nice arm when he has time & we had O-line issues all first-half as well.

I don't know, I guess this is what Stoops and Montgomery are being paid to do.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »
On second thought, I'll just leave this forum on my own.  Jackasses like FB93 are what make me literally HATE this forum.  I won't be back, you can delete my account.  I won't even view this bullsh** anymore.

Don't leave because of this idiot.
Ditto!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 03:00:17 PM »
IAA, being in the student section, i had good vantage on that fake punt (was on our side of the field). It did look like they got the first down and comfortably at that. There were many bad calls though. I want to know why that one broken pass play illinois state had wasnt reviewed? He was out before he touched the pylon. Worse, while our db didnt look for the ball and that happened, their wideout pushed off to make that catch. Should have been pass interference.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 03:06:08 PM »
Yes he did push off & I have a picture of it somewhere.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »
As soon as I saw that TE go in motion I knew the fake was coming. Called it out in the crowd. I noticed the starting defense stayed on the field for a second so Bo was thinking about them going for it obviously. Disappointing to say the least. Turned the whole game around.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 10:00:47 AM »

If the Browns lose today, it will really make my weekend.
[/quote]
They didn"t!!!  Josh McCown for HOF!! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Owlguin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 04:28:23 PM »
I watched the end on ESPN3, and from my perspective I thought for sure that his knee was down before the ball reached the goal line, and was surprised that wasn't the call.  I was really surprised they indicated the ball didn't reach the goal line.  I didn't think they could ever reverse it that way. 

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »
Best call of the night - someone in the stands yelled to the officials that they were still in Youngstown and a lot of things can happen to you before you get out of town.  Two other people yelled out "Boom Town", but I doubt if many knew what that meant.