Author Topic: Ill st recap  (Read 23915 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Ill st recap
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
At the risk of being an optimist, I do not like to lose but I think we made a positive statement tonight. We went toe to toe with them. Team could have given up a couple of times but they did not. The birds made a couple of big plays so give them credit. We had the only turnover and a couple of penalties that hurt and we still took them to the limit.

I thought that the crowd was pretty good and they saw a really good game. Anyone that says they will not be back because we lost - please just stay home.

I say that we get payback in the play-offs.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ill st recap
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 11:21:04 PM »
Next week is going to be a crucial game.  Both teams have 1 loss and NEED a win.  I can foresee a good crowd next week, but lose that one?  And you may lose the fans for this season!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 01:45:06 AM »
Tired of watching Wells at QB. Recap.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 07:22:06 AM »
Don't understand the Wells comment.  Yea the pick 6 was bad but we were 50% on third downs and almost pulled out the comeback.  He isn't the reason we lost.  We didn't stop the run gave up over200 yds and we gave up a couple of big plays the fake punt was devasting.  As for the Monty stuff our time of possession was almost 35 mins and we scored what 20 pets in the second half against a excellent team.  I thought the game plan was very good to b**** about him for this game is without merit. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 07:39:50 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of a DT getting called for holding because he held up a RB coming through the line without the ball?  WTF was that?  Cost us a TD.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 07:57:21 AM »
Anyone going yo call the league office?  How about one of our media beat reporters?  Would be interesting to publicize that. 

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »
At the risk of being an optimist, I do not like to lose but I think we made a positive statement tonight. We went toe to toe with them. Team could have given up a couple of times but they did not. The birds made a couple of big plays so give them credit. We had the only turnover and a couple of penalties that hurt and we still took them to the limit.

I thought that the crowd was pretty good and they saw a really good game. Anyone that says they will not be back because we lost - please just stay home.

guinpen- I don't think you could have said it any better. Illinois st. has 5 fbs transfer 's who don't even see the field so that should tell people alot. They showed why they are the 4 ranked team in the country and runners up from a season ago.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »

Your posts says exactly how I feel.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 01:44:06 PM »
I thought our offense, in particular Wells, looked the best it has in the 2nd half under Montgomery in league play in a long, long time.

Officiating aside, we lost the game with the pick-six and the fake punt. Wells telegraphed that pass and when they motioned just prior to the fake punt, we should have read it and adjusted, but we did not and they barely got the 1st down.

Huge game next week. A win catapults us into the upper echelon of the league through the midpoint of the league schedule, a loss and we have no margin for error.

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
Don't understand the Wells comment.  Yea the pick 6 was bad but we were 50% on third downs and almost pulled out the comeback.  He isn't the reason we lost.  We didn't stop the run gave up over200 yds and we gave up a couple of big plays the fake punt was devasting.  As for the Monty stuff our time of possession was almost 35 mins and we scored what 20 pets in the second half against a excellent team.  I thought the game plan was very good to b**** about him for this game is without merit.

I know people like to give Hunter a free pass and nothing is ever his fault because he is a hometown boy, but if he could run at all he gets into the end-zone on the extra point. You say, well running is not his game, passing is, well, the Missouri Valley Stats don't lie...http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/ind-all.pdf, after yesterdays game he is listed in 10th place in Passing Efficiency @ 125.3. Spin that.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 02:17:01 PM »
I warned you about the QB.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
I warned you about the QB.
Did you watch the 2nd half when we fell behind a few times and he made some big plays?

He didn't look good vs. USD and looked mediocre in the 1st half yesterday, but he looked like he took a step forward in that 2nd half. Let's see if that translates into next week.

I know Pally is enjoying this loss.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »
No one is "spinning" anything. It was a good game and many people are happy despite the loss. The team is much better than I thought they could be.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »
The QB you warned about almost beat one of the best teams in the country.  We have nothing behind him right now and if you think Ricky Davis is the answer then you know less than you think.  I am not being a homer but don't you think Pelini isn't going to put the best guy out there.  He has a few more rings than u and being an armchair naysayer hater makes  any assessment from you pretty much garbage.  But keep being negative. Youngstown is full of your kind and you fit in very well.  Go Penguins!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »
The QB you warned about almost beat one of the best teams in the country.  We have nothing behind him right now and if you think Ricky Davis is the answer then you know less than you think.  I am not being a homer but don't you think Pelini isn't going to put the best guy out there.  He has a few more rings than u and being an armchair naysayer hater makes  any assessment from you pretty much garbage.  But keep being negative. Youngstown is full of your kind and you fit in very well.  Go Penguins!
A Penguin for life!!!