Poll

Who wins???

YSU
15 (78.9%)
Illinois State
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Night Game vs Illinois State  (Read 28017 times)

ValleyTalk

Night Game vs Illinois State
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, this series is pretty much dead even and the home team has won every game since 2006 I do believe, when YSU beat the top five Redbirds in Bloomington.

If it is dry Saturday, our community has no excuses not to get out there to support this team.

Beat Illinois State!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Night Game vs Illinois State
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
Seeing the Birds get shutout for almost 3 quarters, I do not know what to say. Does anyone know if they had an injury? Hopefully we see something there to win next week.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:11:01 AM »
Tre Roberson started the game against U.N.I. as a wide receiver and played the entire game there..Interesting

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
Apparently, Roberson hurt his throwing hand and can't pass at the moment.  Don't know how serious.  If he does not line up at qb next week, that will be a wonderful break for us, although he is still extremely dangerous anywhere on the field.

Traditionally, Illinois State is a poor road team.  They even struggled with Eastern Illinois two weeks ago.  Let us hope this continues.  If we play defense like we did yesterday, we should be fine.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 02:20:57 PM »
Hopefully this will bode well for us. If he isn't able to throw and line up at QB this week, that takes a major offensive weapon away from that team.

Offline YSU_Penguins17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »
I'm not going to make any predictions because I don't like doing so but this team is playing with a confidence and swagger on defense. Derrick Rivers is arguably the best defensive player in the country and is making our defense that much better. Illinois State is a tremendously talented team and deserving of their top-5 ranking. Here's to hoping for a packed Ice Castle and a win that could propel us forward.
"The Red and White are waving..."

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »
Need a BIG crowd!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
Need a BIG crowd!

No reason not to have one
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
I am trying to make the trip up from Savannah but I-95 and several other roads are shut down.  I am hearing bridges are washed out on 95 and parallel roads.  All hearsay for me at this point but Jeeze.  May need to make the trip near thanksgiving.

Hopefully, the roads will be ok to travel on closer to the game. When are you leaving?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 08:53:38 PM »
I am trying to make the trip up from Savannah but I-95 and several other roads are shut down.  I am hearing bridges are washed out on 95 and parallel roads.  All hearsay for me at this point but Jeeze.  May need to make the trip near thanksgiving.

Hopefully, the roads will be ok to travel on closer to the game. When are you leaving?

Wednesday.  Not looking good right now.  Don't want the expense of flying, plus I need to stock up on y-town only supplies.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 12:08:25 PM »
That was a bad loss for UNI.  Roberson did not attempt a pass and only had two carries.  If that's all he can do against the Guins, then I fully expect YSU to win.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »
That was a bad loss for UNI.  Roberson did not attempt a pass and only had two carries.  If that's all he can do against the Guins, then I fully expect YSU to win.

What constitutes  a Ytown only supply? I hope it clears up to be safe to drive by wednesday. Also, its got time to go, but as of now saturdays forecast is rain

ValleyTalk

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »

What constitutes  a Ytown only supply? I hope it clears up to be safe to drive by wednesday. Also, its got time to go, but as of now saturdays forecast is rain
What forecast have you seen? It is most likely going to rain a bit Friday which may carry overnight but Saturday will be dry, especially Saturday evening. Should be low 60s and sunny Saturday. Perfect October weather!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 02:23:29 PM »

Have to get some egg noodles for soups, Gia Russa sauces, Marzetti salad dressing etc...  Sometimes I get some Schwebels bread and freeze it at the house. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:32:08 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »

Have to get some egg noodles for soups, Gia Russa sauces, Marzetti salad dressing etc...

Chef Boyardee  8)