Author Topic: South Dakota - In Game  (Read 34842 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: South Dakota - In Game
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2015, 09:55:34 AM »
We're in SC on vacation and so forced to listen to game on WKBN.  Then read this blog this morning.  Wasn't sure I was on YSU blog or SDU blog.  Can't tell if we won or lost reading posts.  Won by FOUR, yes FOUR touchdowns, on the road, in MVFC, in a dome!!  Lighten up, this team has some real talent.  Not great, but definitely deeper than in Wolford years.  Look at 2nd half and 4 qtr scoring vs Wolford years, (and I didn't down here, but my perception is definitely better)
Where are the haters at after that performance???

I am not a hater, but we are not playing like a contender at all on offense.  That team has a large gap to cover in order to be competitive.  We beat nobody.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2015, 10:41:15 AM »
We're in SC on vacation and so forced to listen to game on WKBN.  Then read this blog this morning.  Wasn't sure I was on YSU blog or SDU blog.  Can't tell if we won or lost reading posts.  Won by FOUR, yes FOUR touchdowns, on the road, in MVFC, in a dome!!  Lighten up, this team has some real talent.  Not great, but definitely deeper than in Wolford years.  Look at 2nd half and 4 qtr scoring vs Wolford years, (and I didn't down here, but my perception is definitely better)
Wasn't talking about you sir

I am not a hater, but we are not playing like a contender at all on offense.  That team has a large gap to cover in order to be competitive.  We beat nobody.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »
Wasn't talking about you sir

I hate to be critical but I want us to return to the top of the FCS.  It is remarkable that we can play like tho on defense

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »
It's to early to say what we are. But I see major improvement.  Wells has been a little disappointing.  He seems not to be getting too deep in his reads.  Is it by design to get rid of the ball, or is it happy feet because at times the line isn't given him time, plus we have had the case of drops.If we have to use a back up the season is over in my book.  If we wanted a mobile QB we had one that transferred to a d2 school.  We are only 4 games into the Pelini program.  If we make the playoffs it's a bonus this year.  If u look at what happened the last few hrs.  It's going to take awhile to fix ourselves like I said previously our problem is ourselves.   What I saw yesterday in a league road game is we are slowly getting there.  Our D was aggressive and sent the pace.  We had better clock management.  The guys looked prepared and our game plan was dead on. Pelini wasn't out coached by Coach Glenn who is a good coach.  Let's play one game at a time!  Go Penguins!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2015, 08:06:18 PM »
55th in total offense. 1st in total defense.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »
To amplify the point that footballfever made in reply #58, here are Pittsburgh's defensive statistics from their last three games, all played on the road:

at Akron, 7 points and 105 total yards allowed
at Iowa, 27 points and 363 total yards allowed
at Virginia Tech, 13 points and 100 total yards allowed

It is clear that Narduzzi is working his defensive magic there just as Pelini is here.  Look, I am not happy with our output at this point, and the Robert Morris game was inexcusable.  But to trash an offense that scored the most points and gained the most yards against Pittsburgh borders on the Twilight Zone (for you young ones that is a reference to an offbeat early 60s tv show.)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 09:04:04 AM »
Well, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Guins handled a team YSU struggled with in it's short history. Positive the Defense is looking tough and sound in most positions. The Offense is still not clicking. Play calling is just what it's been since Monty has been here. Good teams make adjustments to his scheme and he won't re-adjust :o

P.S. ISU game next let's hope the Guins are hitting on all 8 cyl's  :D Roberson hurt rumer is, broken throwing hand  ???