Author Topic: New East Side Press Box  (Read 14721 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New East Side Press Box
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 08:55:08 PM »
Seems to be a lot of ideas going on here.

I would love to see a drawing of the press box he is talking about, I like the idea but please do not go small, do it right. Will the press box take up some of the existing seats or will it be over the walkway?

I also agree with the comment about putting seats in the north end, yea I know at this point we do not need the seats, but it would give the stadium a finished look. When YSU played at Rayen Stadium I always sat in the end zone bleachers, loved being able to see the holes open up.

Really loved seeing RS's comments about playing the zits and flashers. Certainly the way things are going we will have to stoop to playing some mac schools, I may be able to live with 1AA's idea of a 2-1 setup for these two schools, but if not I have no interest in helping the attendance figures for either one of them. If they will not come here and we have to play on the road, there is always OU, Miami, BGSU and Toledo.

For the record I do not think that any mac game will be easy.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:55:53 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »
Here is my suggestion for the press box in the east stands.  In the Vindicator article, Strollo mentioned that he has about 10 businesses on a waiting list for the loges.  How about this.  Build the press box and more loges along the entire length of the east stands.  That might be cost prohibitive but try to raise the funds and see what happens.  These additions should definitely be behind the current seats and supported by pillars on the walkway.  That would definitely enhance the appearance of the stadium and give us plenty of additional loges, which are a major cash cow for the program.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 10:48:43 AM »
Even despite YSU's horrible horrible performance against RMU, Massey still ranks YSU above both Can't and Akron.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2015&sub=11590&c=1&c=0

The MVFC is ranked above the MAC East..and Sun Belt...and other FBS conferences.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2015&c=1&sub=11590

YSU leads both of the series with Can't and Akron.  In fact, YSU won the last three straight (and 5 of the last 6) with Akron by a combined score of 84-17.  These schoolyard beatings are why Akron quit playing YSU.  I think then Akron HC Jerry Faust nearly said as much.

Look at mutual opponents:

Against Pitt, YSU scored 37...Akron only 7.  We had double the first downs (16 vs. 8 ).  How about total yards:  YSU:  407 Akron:  110.  Time of possession?  Pitt > Akron by 15 minutes.  We won the TOP vs. Pitt. 

Can't got killed by IL 52-3 right after IL canned its HC.  YSU was leading IL the year before in the 4th quarter.

Yes....we sucked against RMU....everyone has a bad day....but according to that article, YSU has a chance to establish its dominance in NEO...and tell every non-P5 recruit who the big dogs are in NEO....collect some payola...and give the fans a game they are passionate about.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »
LOL ...we are quite a ways away from scorching most any MAC team, especially UT.

Speaking of Toledo, did you see who is their DC & set school records in 2014 for defense? The just held Arkansas to 12-points & he received national defensive coach of the week honors? Coach H.

In any case, we must have return engagements. If we throw anyone "a bone" it should be Kent or Akron with a 2-for-1. Two at their place with a YSU home game sandwiched in the middle. I could accept that. Then if they drop us after game-1, we cancel game-3.

I knew the Heacock banners would be out after I saw that score.  Heacock is a good DC...He was even at YSU.  HC...no......
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »
Penguin Nation, you are 100% right.  There are TONS of good coordinators than made terrible head coaches. Wolford and Heacock are only 2. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 07:35:52 PM »
Here is my suggestion for the press box in the east stands.  In the Vindicator article, Strollo mentioned that he has about 10 businesses on a waiting list for the loges.  How about this.  Build the press box and more loges along the entire length of the east stands.  That might be cost prohibitive but try to raise the funds and see what happens.  These additions should definitely be behind the current seats and supported by pillars on the walkway.  That would definitely enhance the appearance of the stadium and give us plenty of additional loges, which are a major cash cow for the program.

I would like loges on the east side but I wonder if there are some basic facilities now on the west side that are needed to support the loge people. Kitchen meeting rooms etc, I really do not know as I have never been in a loge.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 12:40:39 PM »
Speaking of Toledo, did you see who is their DC & set school records in 2014 for defense? The just held Arkansas to 12-points & he received national defensive coach of the week honors? Coach H.

Did not realize he was there until I heard what his defense did to the Hogs.  The man can coach the "D".

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 01:25:58 PM »
Bo will fill the stadium soon enough.  Build it and they will come!!!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »
Welcome, Blo !   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »