Author Topic: 7 pm Saturday at The Castle: Robert Morris  (Read 17629 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
7 pm Saturday at The Castle: Robert Morris
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:27:46 PM »
RMU (0-1) lost last week at home to nonscholly PFL team Dayton.  Last season RMU went 1-10 with its sole win at home versus Central Connecticut State.

Common opponents:  RMU will play SDSU in Brookings on 09/26, and conference foe STFU in Loretta on 11/14.

Massey ranks RMU 107 out of 125 FCS teams (YSU is ranked 7th).  Massy gives RMU a 0% chance of beating YSU and predicts a score of 41-3.

NEC preseason polling has predicted a last place finish for RMU in the NEC.

According to Penguin radio show, RMU is in the second season of implementing a spread offense with a Freshman quarterback, Matthew Barr.  They were the least penalized team in the NEC last season.

The weather forecast is upper 60s, and possible thunderstorms.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

ValleyTalk

Re: 7 pm Saturday at The Castle: Robert Morris
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »
They key for me in this game is to see how well our offensive line can predict Hunter Wells. I was not at all impressed with their performance in the 1st half, but they seemed to make a few adjustments in the 2nd half and Wells had a bit more time to set his feet. In addition, I really want to see our defense shine. RMU does not have a work-horse RB, or in the case of Pitt, have three of them, so we need to shown we can shut down the oppositions rushing attack.

I will be there.

Go Guins!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 09:56:48 PM »
Stay healthy and bury them! I'll take a shutout please.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 09:22:23 AM »
They key for me in this game is to see how well our offensive line can predict Hunter Wells. I was not at all impressed with their performance in the 1st half,

Funny, but I think we may notice a different talent level, Pitt vs. RM! 
Only thing here is win and don't get hurt. 
Anybody know anything about the Ruiz injury?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 03:14:05 PM »
This game  will tell you nothing. YSU will bury them. Everyone will play in the  buttkicking.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
In an 11 game season with three OOC games, why not have:

1) P5 $$ games ($400K- $700K), away, expect a loss (but nail an occasional W).

2) G5 $ games  ($250K-$325K), away, expect a win (esp if MAC East)

3) 1AAA , home, expect everyone to play.  Slightly more exertion and effort than a bye week.

Two NEC teams?  Do we get a junior NEC membership? Can we get their auto-bid?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 04:45:45 PM »
This game  will tell you nothing. YSU will bury them. Everyone will play in the  buttkicking.

Agreed

ValleyTalk

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »
Great video on the new YSU Videoboard:
http://businessjournaldaily.com/tuesday-sept-8-2015/

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »
Anyone have or know of anyone who has a tailgate pass they won't be using this week?  We have one but could use the extra space for this week?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »
In an 11 game season with three OOC games, why not have:

no nope nada. home and home only or forget any mac or sunbelt team.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
Nation,

You are forgetting the absolute need to play six home games.  Remember that we make more from loge rentals and stadium advertising than we do from individual gate receipts, and since that income comes up front, it is immune to weather problems or bad team performances.  Your scheme would reduce that revenue by over 16%, an unacceptable figure.  Also, for many YSU fans that I know, it is a matter of principle.  No home-and-home, then stick it where the sun never shines.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 12:16:46 PM »

Would be fine by me as long as it's an Ohio MAC school, and the payout is enough to offset the loss of a 6th home game.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »
Nation,

You are forgetting the absolute need to play six home games.  Remember that we make more from loge rentals and stadium advertising than we do from individual gate receipts, and since that income comes up front, it is immune to weather problems or bad team performances.  Your scheme would reduce that revenue by over 16%, an unacceptable figure.  Also, for many YSU fans that I know, it is a matter of principle.  No home-and-home, then stick it where the sun never shines.

Wick,

I believe YSU makes $200K on loge rental, ads, concessions, and tickets/home game.  I don't know if that is after the ~$30K payout to the 1AAA visiting opponent.

Can't is paying $315K to FCS schools. Our travel costs would be minimal.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/10/kent-state-alabama-fcs-schools-future-schedules/

My #s may possibly be incorrect....but are we making $315K/home game?  I would argue even if we are and it's revenue neutral, the improved SOS and improved fan interest, and the chance to demonstrate that we are the superior D1 FB program in NEO makes it worth the loss of a (crappy) home game.

However, I don't think its revenue neutral.  I think it would be an income generator as well as a great recruiting opportunity.  Fans, such as myself, would be stoked.  I am not stoked about our upcoming NEC scrimmages.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »
All this revenue related stuff is BORING!  YSU is a government entity, so money is only relevant when they want something.  They have 200 MILLION in net assets including 100 MILLION in cash and cash equivalents.  Their “public accounting” income statement is pretty funny to read, as depending on what you look at, they lose 70 MILLION a year or 2 MILLION a year, but end up the year with at least a couple million more than they started, due to grants, gifts and whatever.   Football and all athletics is nothing more than a marketing tool for the board and administration.  I wouldn’t worry a like about a 100K here or there.  Remember the YSU Centennial Campaign?  I believe that ended up raising 53 MILLION.  That should fund the women's bowling team OK, don't you think!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:39 PM »
Exactly.  Roberta is weak by 1AAA standards.