Author Topic: 7 pm Saturday at The Castle: Robert Morris  (Read 17635 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 7 pm Saturday at The Castle: Robert Morris
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »
Hype video for Bobby Morris!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLehfOLmkEo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:10:11 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 01:24:23 PM »
The hype video was legit. Wish i could see pelinis entire pregame speech. Welcome to the board estaskerina

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »
What kind of person would complain about a schedule that has 6 top-25 teams and an ACC opponent on it? Who had weaker regular season schedules than JT? The NCAA passed a minimum standards rule that was nicknamed "the Tressel rule".

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »
What kind of person would think being the only MVFC team with two 1AAA OOC games was acceptable?

The OOC schedule is improving in MBB.  However for FB, I hope we stop fielding a BIG/NFL HC and BIG transfers against consecutive NEC games.

Nearly one month will pass since the Pitt game that we will again face a team w/ more than 40 scholarships.  Unreal.  That leaves us vulnerable for MVFC play.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
What kind of person would think being the only MVFC team with two 1AAA OOC games was acceptable?

The OOC schedule is improving in MBB.  However for FB, I hope we stop fielding a BIG/NFL HC and BIG transfers against consecutive NEC games.

Nearly one month will pass since the Pitt game that we will again face a team w/ more than 40 scholarships.  Unreal.  That leaves us vulnerable for MVFC play.

One who has not seen his team in the play-off since 2006   >:(

Offline pioneer9

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »

Well given the fact that our S.O.S ranks higher than everyone in the MVFC except NDSU, Ill St. and SDSU, I would say it doesn't matter who the other teams in our conference are playing.  In addition, our schedule rankes better than a lot of other big FCS programs like UNI, Coastal Carolina, Montana, James Madison, McNesse St, etc. Why would you take a risk on 2 out of 3 non-conference games (since the FBS game is basically like playing a high-ranked FCS)?  We're not Ohio State here where we have to prove that we are good in our OOC games because our in-conference games suck.  We win the MVFC or end with 1 or 2 losses in it, we easily deserve to be in the playoffs... heck probably at least the quarterfinals.  Adding a heap of strength to the OOC schedule is unwise and unnecessary... Two options I'd rather see though: Maybe a high-ranked FCS school like Montana rather than an FBS like Pitt?  The FBS games are intriguing but I'd rather know where we stand in our division.  As far as Robert Morris, I wish we played maybe a "little" bit better of a team... I agree this is just a stat stacker game.  Maybe another St. Francis where we win easily but actually break a sweat doing it...

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 01:15:58 PM »
I really dislike when YSU blames the fans for the empty stands.  It's like McDonald's blaming people for eating elsewhere.  Give the people what they want, and they will come.

One NEC game is fine, two is absurd.  It doesn't generate the revenue of a G5 game, doesn't excite the fans, and I would argue doesn't really even improve depth.  If we can't beat a MAC East team or a CAA or OVC team, then we don't deserve to be in the FCS playoffs.  Are we too cowardly to face competitive OOC opponents outside of a P5 $$ game?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 01:56:58 PM »
Nation, you are not thinking this thing all the way through.  At playoff selection time, polls do not matter. Strength of schedule does not matter.  What matters is the athletic directors that sit on that committee, all but two or three of whom represent conferences way inferior to the MVFC.  These people have an unspoken agenda, namely, to get "their" teams into the playoffs and to find an excuse to keep out as many strong teams as possible so that their darlings can win a game or two.  As IAA and Pioneer have suggested, given the current strength of the MVFC, it would be stupid to play dangerous ooc games and risk five losses.  Now if that committee really selected the best 24 teams in the nation, that would be different.  But they don't, as we have learned many times over the past fifteen years.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 02:10:27 PM »
Wick,

Good point...but besides playoff selection, consider revenue generation, player recruitment, and fan interest.  All of these would be enhanced by dumping one 1AAA game for MAC East or regional FCS.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »
Meanwhile Jacksonville state looks as if is going to beat auburn
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:29:45 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »
Rookery Radio pregame starts at 5.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 07:16:01 PM »
Penguins making it interesting, trying not to let RMU run away with the game.

ytowngirl

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:44 PM »
YSU offense looks out of sync....

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:57 PM »
Ruiz in, Desperate times call for.....

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:00 PM »
Embarrassing. Wow