Author Topic: MVFC after the initial week  (Read 31228 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MVFC after the initial week
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 05:14:38 AM »
SDSU held Robert Morris to 26 yards of offense in the second half.  However they struggled to stop the run in the first half.  The issue for me is that while our defense held them to lower rushing and passing yards, our offense managed very little production against Robert Morris and we had to go to overtime with them.  I am concerned that we do not have the receivers needed to make a run.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
Penguin Power this upcoming game will answer plenty of questions. From what I saw in practices and scrimmage's both true freshman Shackleford and Swanson could both contribute. One as a downfield threat and the other in red-zone packages.Then again I'm not the coach and their probably looking to preserve their red-shirts or possibly their just not ready. I just don't like the fact on several occasions this season inside the 5-10 yard line we had 2 straight running plays then passed on 3rd down when everyone knew what was coming and then had to settle for 3

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 01:14:51 PM »
Don't worry, Fever. This game starts the "real" season. Bobby Morris should have been a warning. The question of coaching will get a good look this year. Remember -- EVERYONE expects  great things with good talent back. The fun is about to start !

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 04:18:06 PM »
Don't worry, Fever. This game starts the "real" season. Bobby Morris should have been a warning. The question of coaching will get a good look this year. Remember -- EVERYONE expects  great things with good talent back. The fun is about to start !

Not me ole' buddy! I'm worried about the tallent. 5 years of Wolfman's boyzzz.. I hope Bo started to change them into "FOOTBALL PLAYERS"  8)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 10:40:17 PM »
BINGO Red. Just paladin setting up his "I told you so" posts. In reality, we return a very shallow O front ...and almost non-existent d-front ...supposedly Wolf's strengths. The secondary is more than questionable, but we have always given them a pass because we lacked pressure up front.  Special teams skill was almost ignored the entire time coach W was here. Wolf recruited a JUCO at the last minute, who ended us saving us many times. Never saw him focus on this from prep recruits. He let a worthless DC from Florida chase away all the talent that we had on defense before his first season and it cost him everything.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »
BINGO Red. Just paladin setting up his "I told you so" posts. In reality, we return a very shallow O front ...and almost non-existent d-front ...supposedly Wolf's strengths. The secondary is more than questionable, but we have always given them a pass because we lacked pressure up front.  Special teams skill was almost ignored the entire time coach W was here. Wolf recruited a JUCO at the last minute, who ended us saving us many times. Never saw him focus on this from prep recruits. He let a worthless DC from Florida chase away all the talent that we had on defense before his first season and it cost him everything.

Huh??? Shallow O front and D front problems?? They go 8 deep up front on O and they go 7 deep on D.... D-Line is where the best talent on the team is. Confused by your post.....

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 06:15:17 AM »

Huh??? Shallow O front and D front problems?? They go 8 deep up front on O and they go 7 deep on D.... D-Line is where the best talent on the team is. Confused by your post.....

OL is young and needs more time.  Didn't we lose our center?  Have a QB with almost a full season of games under his belt.  We no longer appear to have DL issues but LB is still not up to where it needs to be.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »

I am talking about where we were at the end of last season. We are quite different now, but still a major work in progress. Coach P seems to be happy, but we are not near 2-deep on any line position outside of ends. Listen to Zaborsky's comments and you can see how much the attitudes have changed and he has mentioned rotation and/or stepping in more than once. That has not happened in recent years and one of several reasons why I am trying to cut Paladin off before he starts.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:39:28 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 11:06:41 AM »

I am talking about where we were at the end of last season. We are quite different now, but still a major work in progress. Coach P seems to be happy, but we are not near 2-deep on any line position outside of ends. Listen to Zaborsky's comments and you can see how much the attitudes have changed and he has mentioned rotation and/or stepping in more than once. That has not happened in recent years and one of several reasons why I am trying to cut Paladin off before he starts.

I would beg to differ. Zaborksy and Kromah in the middle with Squiric and Smith backing up playing big minutes. We are deeper than we ever have been I agree with that.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 02:18:58 PM »
Amazing. After all the hype I read here and in the papers, someone now tries to duck what everyone is expecting . Picked for 4th by the league pre-season, returning starters everywhere, big name coach, high talent transfers from  Nebraska but  suddenly there is reason for concern ? ;D   I love it.

Plus , we are  playing   a cellar dweller .

The fun is about to begin.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:37:06 PM by paladin »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2015, 04:29:24 PM »
Amazing. After all the hype I read here and in the papers, someone now tries to duck what everyone is expecting . Picked for 4th by the league pre-season, returning starters everywhere, big name coach, high talent transfers from  Nebraska but  suddenly there is reason for concern ? ;D   I love it.

Plus , we are  playing   a cellar dweller .

The fun is about to begin.
Cellar dweller?  How do you have a "cellar dweller" with a conference record of 0-0?  You're right in saying "the fun is about to begin.  But the rest of your post reads like a postmortem.  You losers make me laugh!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »
Paladin cannot stand the fact that there are no big expectations this year ...it is all brand new!! Just enjoy it with the rest of us, because there is no "I told you so". Of course if he would do that, he would be able to really see what is happening with YSU football.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 12:47:07 PM »
What MVFC team does YSU not play in '16 and '17?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

??? NDSU I thought I saw a 16 schedule seem to believe NDSU was not on there. I wish I could find it  :-\

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »

??? NDSU I thought I saw a 16 schedule seem to believe NDSU was not on there. I wish I could find it  :-\

I saw on AGS that it is WIU.  We skipped NDSU before UNI, and Misery before that.  It'd be nice to skip a more distant opponent (USD, SDSU).
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen