Author Topic: FCS Kickoff NDSU @ Montana  (Read 11420 times)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
FCS Kickoff NDSU @ Montana
« on: August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 AM »
3:30 EST on ESPN Aug 29th.

#1 NDSU vs #12 Montana   

Should be a good game, NDSU defense has something to prove with some new starters & Montana has a new offense, so it's gonna be interesting.

I think this FCS Kickoff thing is good for the division.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FCS Kickoff NDSU @ Montana
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 12:43:39 AM »
100 percent agree. Im really excited that the fcs has this. Would like to see this continued in future years (one gameday edition of fcs and the fcs kicking off college football)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 07:34:43 AM »
I also agree.  This is good for the FCS and good for the MVFC. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 03:55:31 PM »
I hope they both lose!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »
I hope they both lose!

We need them to win.  Let them get a conference loss.  We don't want any OOC losses when playoff selections are made.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »
My goodness they look like we used to look.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 07:12:16 PM »
INCREDIBLE !!! I think if Wentz doesn't turn his ankle in the game the Bison win. He wasn't able to run or really throw off his back foot. But how about the Jr. QB with his first career start for Montana ? Great exposure for the F.C.S. today without  question
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:44:36 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »
I hope they both lose!

We need them to win.  Let them get a conference loss.  We don't want any OOC losses when playoff selections are made.

Hey I did not want either one to win, but since someone had too I am ok with how it played out. They are still going to get a conference loss.

So we can safely say that at this point in the season the buffaloes have the worst record in 1AA.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:54:22 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 11:57:57 PM »
I was surprised that the NDSU veteran line could not consistently dominate the trenches against that fiesty but undersized Montana front.  Was anybody else not impressed by the NDSU running backs?  Most of their big gains on the ground came from their versatile qb before he tweaked the ankle, either as planned runs or scrambles.

And the NDSU secondary is very vulnerable.  Like Power suggested, kind of reminded us of the way we defended the pass for the last five years.  NDSU is still good but the domination is over.  No contender in the league will be intimidated by them any longer.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 12:10:53 AM »
I was surprised that the NDSU veteran line could not consistently dominate the trenches against that fiesty but undersized Montana front.  Was anybody else not impressed by the NDSU running backs?  Most of their big gains on the ground came from their versatile qb before he tweaked the ankle, either as planned runs or scrambles.

And the NDSU secondary is very vulnerable.  Like Power suggested, kind of reminded us of the way we defended the pass for the last five years.  NDSU is still good but the domination is over.  No contender in the league will be intimidated by them any longer.

I hope our new defense plays lights out.  Bison are suspect.  I can't believe they couldn't run A-gap power plays at will.  Montana LB's are the real deal.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:23:05 AM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 12:15:13 AM »

They lost Crockett and they haven't found the answer yet.  Can't run the QB like that or he gets hurt.  You save that for games that matter the most.  Now he is banged up.  I am surprised they couldn't run on the undersized Montana DL.  However, they still pissed the game away.  They had them on 4th down with 40 seconds left and did not hold.  Stupid pass interference penalties cost them.  Play this game 10 times and NDSU takes at least 8 of them
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:22:26 AM by penguinpower »

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
Ifs and butts. You could just as easily say if Montana QB was more expired and the HC was there last year they route NDSU. Their QB started his first game in 4 or 5 years, he only passed the ball 22 times in the last 3 years of college and he still put up over 400 yards and 3 TDs. NDSU has a bad secondary which should bode well for us.

They lost Crockett and they haven't found the answer yet.  Can't run the QB like that or he gets hurt.  You save that for games that matter the most.  Now he is banged up.  I am surprised they couldn't run on the undersized Montana DL.  However, they still pissed the game away.  They had them on 4th down with 40 seconds left and did not hold.  Stupid pass interference penalties cost them.  Play this game 10 times and NDSU takes at least 8 of them

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 01:55:06 PM »
NDSU on the downfall!! Lol, jk. Great game to watch though!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 03:30:15 PM »
Ifs and butts. You could just as easily say if Montana QB was more expired and the HC was there last year they route NDSU. Their QB started his first game in 4 or 5 years, he only passed the ball 22 times in the last 3 years of college and he still put up over 400 yards and 3 TDs. NDSU has a bad secondary which should bode well for us.

Montana's DL is undersized.  NDSU is missing their star RB from last year and they don't have the answer with King Frazier.  They should have blown Montana off the ball on inside runs and off tackle runs.  They will get better but costly turnovers killed them along with questionable play calling.  NDSU beats them 8 of 10 times playing in Montana.  10 of 10 on neutral field.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »
Let's just hope this is the first of a minimum of 5 NDSU losses in 2015, which includes one at the hands of the Guins. I want the Bison to never smell the post-season again. As I have stated before, I liked being all alone as #2 in a list of dominant I-AA teams with our 4 national titles. Now we are tied.

A Bison team that only loses to YSU is going to the post-season.