Author Topic: Fall Practice Updates  (Read 51723 times)

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice Updates
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:20 PM »
Ah the return of football season when excitement is in the air and name calling fills the board.  I hope some of you keep your phones on so that the coaches can call you for who should play and what play to call.
There are 11 men out on the field at one time.  Each has their own purpose and importance.  Let's don't eat our own.

Wouldn't be the first time Monty has called me, I've worked with the staff before in the past with some kids during the off-season. Playing at this level and having the ring to back it up gives you that privilege

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
Tell Monty he can keep the playbook open for the second half.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »
If you talk to Monty again, tell him not to water down the offense and lose us conference games like he has done the last 2-4 years in the 2nd half of the season. Thanks bud!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2015, 12:55:28 PM »
Hey, tell Monty he's lucky he still has a job and prove he earned this second chance!

I know the "D" was bad but this stood out to me when I reviewed the game summaries from last year and Monty's offense:

YSU scored a total of 132 points in the second half last year (328) total in all 12 games.
Only 29 points in the 3rd QTR in 12 games?!
Remember there was 3 weenie games last year, where YSU scored a total of 40 of the 132 points (only 3 against Duquesne).
21 more points was in the 4th QTR against South Dakota (0-8) in the MVFC for a come from behind "W".
YSU was held scoreless in 2 games in the second half 1 "W" Mo ST and 1 "L" ISU (r).
Then you have the 14 points given up by NDSU's band filling in for their starters in the second half.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here.

This year is exciting and YSU will do better  ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:19:17 AM by ysubigred »