Author Topic: Pat Narduzzi Article (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)  (Read 6664 times)

DefendYoungstown

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Narduzzi Article (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »
I was going to post this article too, lol you beat me to it. I would like to know what your opinions are of this. As bad as I feel that Bill got let go, we did get Tressel out of the deal...

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »
At the time, we were all very sorry about Narduzzi's medical condition, but the idea that Malmisur treated him unfairly is simply ridiculous.  First, Narduzzi did not build the D2 program from scratch.  Rey Dempsey replaced Dike Beede in 1973.  He stayed only two seasons but led us to the D2 playoffs in 1974.  Narduzzi came in 1975 and failed for three seasons.  His biggest flaw was imposing that veer offense on a future professional quarterback who was ill-equipped to run it.  Narduzzi did then lead YSU to the playoffs in 1978 and reached the championship game in 1979.  But he could not sustain that success.  Even with the new stadium in 1982, his teams were mediocre.  In six seasons after 1979 he never reached the IAA playoffs (we reclassified shortly after 1979.) 

Frankly, Pat Narduzzi and Fred Thomas need to grow up.  Every single person who played a role in the decision to release his father is either dead or long since retired.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:19:53 PM »
I do not normally agree with you, but you are absolutely correct in your assessment of the article.  I had my nose pressed against the fence during those years and I saw enough to convince me of what was going on.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:28:50 PM »
You have a point Wick, but the truth is that Malmisar was not AD material and Narduzzi was. They laughed at him when he wanted the new stadium and that man knocked on every door in Youngstown to get it. We let him down in a time of need and that is not what Youngstown is all about. I moved away from here, but I can tell you this ...People here will give one of their own the shirt's off of their back.

We simply did not do right by Duzzer (one of our own). All the wasted payroll we have today and we did not do it when it was needed. Once a Youngstowner ...always a Youngstowner. He did get better, but still ...he deserved better. I have never been proud of the way we handled that situation. I do agree he was not going to lead the team down the path that we wanted, but he was certainly leading the program in the right direction.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:30:24 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 02:05:36 PM »
What do you do when your HC has a losing record 2 of the 3 most recent seasons and a 31-34-1 record over the preceding six seasons?  What were Wolford's and Heacock's records when they were fired?  Maybe the way it was handled was poor (sounds like it was...very poor in fact), but not renewing his contract certainly seems justifiable.

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/TeamProfile.asp?id=2277
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 02:23:44 PM »
I guess this dork Narduzzi has another article out saying tOSU stole his "D" scheme and that's why the suckeyes won the NC last year  8) Can't find the article but was entertaining to read.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »
I am not saying he was HC material, but he was YSU material. Pat was All-American, we should be proud. Let's just look at this as Two programs that share a football bloodline, that are going to do battle in two-weeks.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 03:16:30 PM »
I guess this dork Narduzzi has another article out saying tOSU stole his "D" scheme and that's why the suckeyes won the NC last year  8) Can't find the article but was entertaining to read.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25279018/pat-narduzzi-ohio-state-stole-our-defense-won-a-national-championship 😁

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 03:29:53 PM »

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25279018/pat-narduzzi-ohio-state-stole-our-defense-won-a-national-championship

Thanks. Just found it and was going to post it  8)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 09:09:37 PM »
Duzzer was 3 games over .500 the five years prior to his contract not being renewed, and I believe little duzzer signed a 5 year deal with Pitt.  If he's only 3 games over .500 with the Panthers, his contract will not be renewed either.  That's life in the world of big-time football.