Author Topic: Coach Bo Pelini at Curbstone Monday  (Read 4988 times)

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Coach Bo Pelini at Curbstone Monday
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:33:03 PM »
On Monday evening July 27th. at 6:00 PM the Curbstone Coaches will host Youngstown State Head Football Coach in a special "Night with Bo Pelini" at Lucianno's Banquet Center 1739 S. Raccoon Road in Austintown.
Introducing Coach Pelini will be the Voice of Penguin Football Bob Hannon. Doors open at 5:30 PM for seating. 

The event is open to the public and tickets will be available at the door.  The evening buffet is $11 with a $1 50/50 raffle ticket included.

All are invited to attend as Coach Bo Pelini previews the 2015 season.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Coach Bo Pelini at Curbstone Monday
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 08:58:17 PM »
Will be fun. I saw where they bought out that old Mr. Wigs store. I hope they still make that great fried cheese.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 06:12:51 AM »
Hope that YSU distractors such as (sorry about spelling) Paledin, Wick 250, and YSU505, and others well attend to voice their opinions on YSU football scheduling, coaching staff, administration, hoodlum signings, etc., like they do on this site.  Here is your opportunity to go face to face.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:49:12 AM »
I have been critical of YSU's OOC schedule and have been so directly with the AD who schedules these games.  I was told that we target more home games than away games.  When the MAC stopped home/home games it forced us to look within the FCS and there were many teams that simply did not want to play us (back in the 1990's) 

I prefer to see us play more equipped teams that have equal scholarships from power FCS conferences vs playing the little sisters of the poor.   

It simply boils down to money and with the pussification of America we now have to have the home games scheduled early in the season before it gets too cold so they can capitalize on the attendance in September and early October.  I would like to see a marquis game early in the season.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:16:39 AM »
I personally want a home game at all costs. I want to tailgate and have a good time. A banner OOC game is fine when we are winning no less than 9 games a season consistently. Until then forget it ...why kill any type of momentum in fan support.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »
I personally want a home game at all costs. I want to tailgate and have a good time. A banner OOC game is fine when we are winning no less than 9 games a season consistently. Until then forget it ...why kill any type of momentum in fan support.

I pretty much second this. I go to the games because YSU is playing, if someone does not go to a game because of who they are playing then shame on them.

Years ago the word was that we did not make the playoffs because we played D2 teams. So now the D2's are gone and the word is that it is because of the low end 1-AA schools. I certainly believe that we were snubbed a few times over the years, just finish in the top two of the league and we get in.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne