Author Topic: Countdown to YSU Season Opener!  (Read 152015 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to YSU Season Opener!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 07:26:23 AM »
And you are correct, it cant be worse.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »
I don't think there is even a remote chance that this might happen, but you're wrong, it could be a LOT WORSE than Wolf! 
Since Kyre went down for the Cavs, I'm really getting antsy for football.  The Indians are supposed to help pass the time a little bit, but boy are they terrible!  Shut out twice yesterday!!  Come on Penguins! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 04:34:27 PM »
Orioles fan here, so not complaining ...the tribe usually has the birds number. That being said, the most exciting thing about this fall will be seeing any changes in style. I really hope we see some on defense. I do think this will mean less 1st-half scoring for YSU, but hopefully we make second-half adjustments on D that will give our O the ball a bit more that last year. Also better field position.

Not that I am dissatisfied in any way, but QB Stanton is leaving Nebraska. He is clearly one of best dual-threat QB's in the nation. I heard he has grade issues and will go JUCO.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 05:51:15 AM »
67 days

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 09:18:14 AM »
This countdown stuff is making the wait worse not better!  Should have waited until maybe 30 days to start!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 11:11:57 AM »
Sorry! I started one personally before 100 days away, and I probably shouldnt have started this one at 70 days. Should I just stop updating it until we hit 30 days? Lol

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
Too late now, so you might as well continue.  Next year, the day to start is the start of fall practice.  Then there is something going on; something to talk/post about.  This lull between spring practice & the signing period and fall practice is really torture.  At least the Tribe one last night! 

Offline Midwestguy

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 04:30:06 AM »
From reading some Nebraska boards,  Stanton wasn't grades.  He was 5th on the depth chart (behind walkons).  They seem to think he'll go Juco in Cali.    It is common knowledge there that Leroy Alexander is transferring to YSU though.   He tweeted it to Randy Gregory.    Word on him is that he failed steroids test twice.   

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 07:52:40 AM »
66 days. When does fall camp start? First week of august Im guessing? Also wonder if it was steroids that prevented leroy from playing last year?  And if so, will he even be eligible or clean up his act?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »
Alexander played his RS Freshman at Nebraska so seems he has talent but also does come with some baggage. We shall see. Can't hurt to add more DB depth.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »
Sorry! I started one personally before 100 days away, and I probably shouldnt have started this one at 70 days. Should I just stop updating it until we hit 30 days? Lol

I start listening to Christmas music in October.  It'd be fine with me if the countdown started the day BP was hired.  Don't let anybody kill the buzz.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 03:13:26 PM »
I'll keep the count going! But yeah I know summer conditioning started, but when does fall camp start? The first week of August?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »
the rules are pretty simple really. Although they may have changed. In DI (FCS) we can have 29 practice days for camp, (a practice day is any day that there is even the slightest practice. This adds to why the building of WATTS was so important to us), with a max of 90 (I think this is now 100) students participating. There can be 40 sessions that need to be divided as follows:
Days 1-5 can be no more than 1 session per day, no pads & limited contact (usually none beyond hands).
This leaves 24 days to use the remaining 35 sessions. 2-a-days count as 2 sessions.

Most teams have a different schedule once school begins, so the 29-days is calculated back from the first game. Here is an example session & the one I think we will see this year:

8/30 - 9/5: First game week, not part of summer/fall camp.
8/23 - 8/29: 4 days of 2-a-day final practice game short session = 9 units
8/16 - 8/22: some combination of 6 days and 10 sessions = 10 units
8/9 - 8/15: 5 days 2-a-day + 1 session/day is game = 11 units
8/2 - 8/8: a total of 5 days, 1 session per day, no pads, limited contact. 5 units

Probably starting Wednesday August 5, 2015. I will check and let everyone know. Or we can have some of those posters "in the know" tell us.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:57:03 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 03:08:44 PM »
64 days

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen