Author Topic: Pitt: WR Tyler Bord Charged with DUI, Suspension Looming?  (Read 6604 times)

ValleyTalk

Pitt: WR Tyler Bord Charged with DUI, Suspension Looming?
« on: June 14, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »
@CBSSportsCFB: Report: Pitt WR Tyler Boyd charged with DUI http://t.co/4txDcTkWvs (USATSI) http://t.co/J8Jz47ov3b

@CBSPittsburgh: JUST IN: #Pitt's head coach releases statement on Tyler Boyd: "He will be held accountable." http://t.co/1ipSafKRyF

I can recall tailgating before the game there two years ago and they had a handful of players out due to injury and suspension. Could we see a repeat?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt: WR Tyler Bord Charged with DUI, Suspension Looming?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
1st round NFL talent. Big loss if suspended.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »
I doubt if he will be suspended. He's a potential big star and most likely will be playing for Pitt this fall.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »
He may miss the YSU game, but I see that as a maximum penalty. Most likely he will not start & we will see him in the second series.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »
He was under the legal limit but admitted to having drinks earlier in the night and being 20, that's underage but he was not charged with anything. I agree, maybe suspended for our game. Maybe sit out a half as I-AA said.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 10:17:42 PM »
So the story mentioned he had a breathalyzer test but the "results are pending". What the heck? Breathalyzer's are instantaneous!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »
The report says they took him to a facility for a blood test; so he knows what he is doing. You are allowed to ask for a qualified doctor in Ohio as well. That allows some time to pass (levels will drop) also you are hoping the police will be too busy to want to do it. In any case, that is why the results are pending ...hospital tests take longer.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
The report says they took him to a facility for a blood test; so he knows what he is doing. You are allowed to ask for a qualified doctor in Ohio as well. That allows some time to pass (levels will drop) also you are hoping the police will be too busy to want to do it. In any case, that is why the results are pending ...hospital tests take longer.

My wife runs these in the lab from time to time. We are in PA, and there is no provision for a Dr. to be on-hand here unless he would be injured.

Depending on how long it took the cop to get him there, and how long it took the phlebotomist to collect the sample are the only 2 factors he would have going in his favor for his levels to drop.

She said it is completely up to the police dept if they use breathalyzer or blood test.

A toxicology panel is often ordered if the police feel there may be other substances involved. These are usually not ordered unless the officer notes that the suspect is far more impaired than what field alcohol tests would suggest.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 06:20:22 PM »
Per washington post 1 hour ago: police are filing dui charges against him now.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13084685/police-plan-file-dui-charge-pittsburgh-panthers-wr-tyler-boyd

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
I'm not biased, but I believe he should be suspended for the first game.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »
I'm not biased, but I believe he should be suspended for the first game.
That's right ysuquins4, we both agree in our unbiased opinion.  Suspension for the 1st game is only fair and reasonable!! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!