Author Topic: Big 10 Transfer  (Read 47072 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Big 10 Transfer
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2015, 08:08:11 PM »
For anybody that does not yet understand the enormous promotional value to our university that Tressel and Pelini provide, I urge you to read the comments from Michigan State fans on the bottom of the page that 0505 linked.  Not one negative word about YSU, Pelini, or Powell.  I really love one fan's assessment of Powell: "he hits like a train."  How long has it been since we have seen that from our defense?  This just accelerates the transition from Wolford's "athletes" to Pelini's "football players."

Interesting comments by the MSU fans, they obviously think a great deal of Jaylin and Bo, class.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2015, 09:57:46 PM »
MSU fans had a lot of class. Not one bad word about this kid. Good to see....

I'm interested to see where they play him. Is he big enough for LB? I say play at him safety where he's more comfortable obviously.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2015, 02:45:24 PM »
Our biggest problem during all the Wolford years was we couldn't cover anybody.  If we had a LB that could hit hard and cover a TE or RB out of the backfield, it would free up a safety to double a WR.  I liked some of the Derek Rivers at LB in the spring game.  "Hides" him and confuses blocking schemes.  More pressure, better coverage, good combination!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »
Our biggest problem during all the Wolford years was we couldn't cover anybody.  If we had a LB that could hit hard and cover a TE or RB out of the backfield, it would free up a safety to double a WR.  I liked some of the Derek Rivers at LB in the spring game.  "Hides" him and confuses blocking schemes.  More pressure, better coverage, good combination!

I liked that they moved Rivers around too. At the beginning of the scrimmage a lot of defenders were walking around changing positions before the snap. Seemed like they went away from it later but it was a nice surprise.

If they can get that in place in that little bit of coaching time I'm looking forward to what will be in place after a full camp.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:08 PM »

I liked that they moved Rivers around too. At the beginning of the scrimmage a lot of defenders were walking around changing positions before the snap. Seemed like they went away from it later but it was a nice surprise.

If they can get that in place in that little bit of coaching time I'm looking forward to what will be in place after a full camp.
Agree 100%  I'm really looking forward to this year! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!