Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS to the Women's track CHAMPIONS  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
CONGRATULATIONS to the Women's track CHAMPIONS
« on: May 03, 2015, 03:51:25 PM »
Another outstanding performance.  For the second year in a row, they just completed the running triple crown (cross country, indoor track, outdoor track.) 

This marks the fifth Horizon League championship (out of ten) for the women this academic year.  That very well might be unprecedented in league history.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: CONGRATULATIONS to the Women's track CHAMPIONS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
the men fell short. I thought we had it for sure, with the 5,000 final being left. I thought we would go 1 & 2, but went 4 & 5. Then we came in 4th in the 4x400,with UWM wining the race and the crown.

We have so clearly dominated the women's sports in 2014-15. I hope that I am wrong; but with so much weight going to Volleyball, Swimming and the WBB tournament ...we may not take the cup.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »
Congrats to both squads.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »
IAA Fan,

Ignore the league all-sports award.  It is a farce that fans have been complaining about long before we joined the Horizon League.  It does not count all sports, gives more credit (as you noted) to some sports more than others, and even lumps indoor and outdoor track together even though the league crowns separate champions.  Championships won is the only measure of distinction, and for the past two years our women have dominated.