Author Topic: Horizon League passes cost-of-attendance measure  (Read 11827 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Horizon League passes cost-of-attendance measure
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
NDSU reminds me of Marshall in the Tressel years.  Looking to move up (accomplished successfully at Marshall) hopefully they move on soon, the SOB's a a beast on the field!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 09:36:28 AM »
Actually, you should look at the OVERALL success of the other sports in the HL over the years. Using that standard, Strollo has been an utter failure because last year was the only one in his tenure where most HL sports teams did  fairly well. Previous to that, YSU teams for the most part all those years were pitiful and had success only rarely.

That is the REAL credit due.

What a pile of crap that is. We have excelled in women's athletics for some time. Everyone should realize that women's athletics is the only reason we are in this conference. If not, then trust me, this is so. It was 3 NCAA Women's appearances that got us in the then MCC. That and promising to add women's tennis and keep diving & golf. We also had facilities promises to keep ...which we have more than done so.

You people act as though every single thing is predicated on defining success only in terms of W & L's. Guess what? There are over 330 Division-I colleges in this country ...if things were the way you say, then over 329 would be looking for AD's every single year. Yes we want success in 3 very critical sports ...football, baseball and MBB ...probably in that order, as MBB is in no danger of being discontinued any time soon. On the other hand, the league would like to see the lady Pens beat UWGB and give us two teams into the NCAA tourney.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:42:52 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 09:10:45 PM »
1AA, I assume that your response is to help balance out for the masses on the board as we all know that it will fall on deaf ears for a select few.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne