Author Topic: Red & White Game  (Read 25509 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Red & White Game
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 10:59:14 AM »
Will it be televised?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 11:25:47 AM »
Sunny and 69 at game time!!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »
I'll be at the pregame party, and I will be at the game. Been looking forward to this all week, whatever the weather.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 02:36:49 PM »
Should be good weather!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 03:02:03 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the special teams tonight. Definitely an area of concern.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 03:55:31 PM »
http://static.psbin.com/u/t/ojs5ypeimc2gp0/2015_Spring_Game_Roster.pdf

Well when you some some of the big names on White team, you will be as shocked as I. Or Pelini did a great job of mixing the teams. I would not say this 1 v. 2. He must be playing O(W) vs. D(R) and mixing once we get started. This is going to be great fun ...I hope to see everyone there.   fb

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 10:24:35 PM »
Interesting game with a good crowd ...thanks Youngstown. I would say we had no less than 3k in the seats. I counted 50 tables with an average of about 8 people in each for the pregame + they had something going on at the alumni patio.

Wells was off today. Garry and Davis looked good. I liked Jaylin Kelly. He was a tackling machine in the first half. If Hymes can stay healthy, we may have overcome the loss of Moore. Hymes is an awful lot like Moore ...you always like what they do with the ball. Callendar could not catch a cold at first, then became a stud. If he can hang on to the ball, you will hear his name a lot this fall. Lots of what will be stupid penalties on coverage, but it was nice to see the aggressiveness. If you did not goo, yo missed a nice game atmosphere.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »
Pelini didn't mince words in his post-game interview. Great to see someone hold the guys accountable to a high standard of performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3yxlrUS4LM

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:44:36 PM by Spiderlegs »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 10:55:29 PM »
Still a lot of work to do but like how the guys competed.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 05:58:20 AM »
Was a beautiful night.  Spring games at our level are tough to get a bead on who or what.  But if you watched Pelini's comments after the game.  We will get better.  We looked smallish and we lacked talent and depth at some positions and I did feel that we will be okay with Wells and Davis at Qb.  Wells added weight and Davis was very mobile.  We will see Pelini now clean up the house if u know what I mean and get kids to build up depth and leadership.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »
"Clean up the house" ?  Dirty toilets? Sweep floors ?  Or is that an advanced football term that the cheerleaders only   know about ?

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 02:02:42 PM »
Pally since you haven't been to Any practices or games how or what you analyze about any of the sports programs just your negative bullsh**.  You used to bring useful info but now it's just your personal BS and like most of the S it stinks.  Pelini during the interview said we will give each player there assessment this week.  He said things to be addressed with depth issues at some positions and that will be addressed.  Or do I need to translate that to you.  You missed a good night and I got to talk to coach.  He wants to be here and sounded very grounded and genuine. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 09:58:39 PM »
For the number of people there and on line, I am surprised there is so little chatter. I cannot tell you how many people said that if there were this many at the spring game, they could not wait to see how many show up for the opener.

BTW, where is all the negativeness about the lying attendance figures? 1,000? what that is such an falsehood. How about 3k.  ;)

When was the last time a single loge was lit up for the spring game? I counted 5.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 11:28:20 PM »
That was certainly the largest gathering at a spring game since the championship years of the 90s.  Factoring in the people in the loges, 3,000 was quite possible.

As many will recall, last April the offense destroyed the defense.  This year at least the offense had to work hard.  There were many stops and lots of punts.  Big plays came primarily from outstanding personal effort from the likes of Ruiz and the Wells to Williams long td pass right before the half. 

Nice to see Paul McFadden's kid hit that 40 yard field goal.  The competition between he and Kennedy should produce a decent kicker by the fall.  On the other hand, the punting was not very spectacular.

Pelini's post-game comments were remarkably honest.  He had gone out of his way for months to avoid any criticism of Wofford.  Now the transition is over and this is his team.  It was very significant that, without calling out any individuals by name, Pelini stressed that he was unhappy that skills acquired in the practices were not always applied in the game last night.  It was also significant that Pelini, for the first time publicly, spoke about changing the culture and the player work ethic to avoid the late season meltdowns.  I found his candor to be both refreshing and welcome.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 08:21:38 AM »
"Clean up the house" ?  Dirty toilets? Sweep floors ?  Or is that an advanced football term that the cheerleaders only   know about ?

LOL  8) Pally is playing into part of this...

No. 1 Most Miserable: Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA

> Poverty rate: 17.4%

> 2013 unemployment rate: 8.5%

> Adult obesity rate: 31.4%

> Violent crimes per 100,000: N/A

The Youngstown metro area had the lowest well-being score, according to Gallup, and is one of five metro areas with the lowest well-being located in Ohio. As of 2013, a typical household earned just less than $42,000, more than $10,000 below the national median. Additionally, only 20.3% of Youngstown residents 25 and over had a bachelor’s degree, far lower than the comparable national figure of 29.6%. And while the unemployment rate was at 5.3% in December of last year, its peak of nearly 14% in early 2010 likely caused residents to move out of the city in search of work. From the middle of 2010 to mid 2014, the population of the Youngstown metro area shrank by 2.1%, one of the largest contractions among all metro areas.

Methodology

To determine the happiest and most miserable cities, 24/7 Wall St. used the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. In previous years, Gallup’s survey included all metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs). However, a methodological change confined this year’s results to only the 100 most populous metro areas.

To supplement each city’s index score, we considered income and poverty statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2013 American Community Survey (ACS). Also from the ACS, we included the share of households that received food stamps, educational attainment rates, and the share of the population without health insurance. We also considered the workforce composition by industry and the population growth from July 2010 through July 2014. Violent crime rates came from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and are as of 2013. From the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), we looked at unemployment rates for 2013 (annual average) and December 2014. Regional price parity — a proxy for the cost of living in each area — is from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) and is as of 2012. All other data were aggregated from the county level using data from County Health Rankings, a program sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.