Author Topic: Red & White Game  (Read 25502 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Red & White Game
« on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:42 AM »
Head Coach Bo Pelini announced that the Spring Game will feature scrimmage conditions with the No. 1 offense going against the No. 1 defense and the No. 2 offense going against the defense's second unit.

Should be fun & a nice crowd is expected

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Red & White Game
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »
A year ago, BP brought a cat with him a she entered the field during the NE spring game, and it went viral.

I hope he brings the cat again, or does something else wacky and fun.  To improve attendance, and interest in the program, I think he needs to be both a showman and HC.  Get the buzz going. Make a YSU FB game an experience. 

Bringing a cat onto the field cost $0 and got people talking about the NE program.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »
I don't know about that ..too early. Needs to set the tone for winning first IMO.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:55:51 AM »
Yes, I agree.  You have to "do" something before the jokes are funny.  Certainly the spring game isn't to be taken too seriously, but it is about finding out who can play and who can't at this point.  Hope he doesn't think 1AA is "easy" compaired to 1A.  Players might not be the elite level, but nothing easy about winning in the MVC.  Ask EW!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 09:42:10 AM »
Has anybody been attending spring practices?  Just returned from SC and can't find much info other that injury to Ryan Moore. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »
Penguin Nation, SORRY, Po Boy is the villian not you!!

Po Baloney YOUR comment is   outrageous!! 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
It is gone ...for now.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 07:43:22 AM »
I don't care what the coach does.  Win the f'-ing football games you are supposed to as well as ones you are not supposed to win.  Nobody on here has played for Pelini so how in the hell do people know he is  a bad person..............by taking a few data points during heated points of an emotional game?  Nice way to judge someone.  It is about as credible as the national news media.  I have an idea, lets create a character without really knowing the heart and soul of the man and spew it all over.  Same thing with Tressel.  Tressel is " the senator" , Pelini is a mad man.  blah blah blah.

IAA fan.  Don't sensor people fro stuff you disagree with.  censorship enables their idiotic posts.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 10:38:27 AM »
I had the fortune of being in Youngstown this spring for a practice.  Many of the players commented that they really like Coach Pelini and ALL of his staff....even the ones bashed on this site.
Hopefully this translates into wins.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:28 AM »
Yep, amazing how the national media portrays somebody a "villain" so to speak. I have never heard 1 player so one bad thing about Bo. All the players love him. Just go out and win and this will all go away. Haters gonna hate.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 12:01:28 PM »
As of now the weather is looking good.  I'm interested to see if there are any surprises among the ones.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 12:03:25 PM »
ysuguins4
where the "heck" are you that the weather looks good?  Raining and cold here!!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 12:12:39 PM »
I meant for the game tomorrow.

Offline #1 Tailgater

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »
Listen why cant everyone just support the program.  Ok its not the 90's and it may never be.  Support the players, coaching staff and university.  We all want to see WINS and butts in the stands again.  What I want to see tomorrow is a tougher defense, offense that doesn't make stupid mistakes and consistent special teams.  I think the most important thing is to see the players play as a TEAM and show the energy and excitement needed to play the competition we have in our conference.  GO PENGUINS

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »
#1 Tailgater
You are certainly looking for a lot in a spring game!  For me, it is a chance to get out and see the kids practice and hopefully get out without injury.  Ryan Moore is enough of a loss so far.  As far as making player assessments based on a controlled intersquad scrimmage, it is totally hopeless!  I’ve seen kids in the spring look like they might be going pro early and then never see them again!  Enjoy the weather and laugh of this blog following the scrimmage for all the judgements made by self-appointed experts like me!