Author Topic: EKU Football  (Read 5055 times)

Offline EKUFAN

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
EKU Football
« on: March 19, 2015, 11:30:39 AM »
I posted a while back that EKU was upgrading their stadium. EKU is now in the planning and design stage to build a new stadium. They are also hiring a new AD and have hired 2 assistant coaches. They are also going to build 3 new dorms a new student center a wellness and fitness center and baseball stadium and softball stadium this is in addition to the 5 million dollar upgrade they have already made to the basketball arena. The student population is growing and is now around 16000

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: EKU Football
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »
I posted a while back that EKU was upgrading their stadium. EKU is now in the planning and design stage to build a new stadium. They are also hiring a new AD and have hired 2 assistant coaches. They are also going to build 3 new dorms a new student center a wellness and fitness center and baseball stadium and softball stadium this is in addition to the 5 million dollar upgrade they have already made to the basketball arena. The student population is growing and is now around 16000

Thank you for the update.  Here at YSU, we are told that despite the meltdown of a FB on his watch, crazy contract extensions for inept coachs, and a woeful MBB program, we have a good AD because of facility upgrades.

Sounds like the EKU AD must be a superhuman.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline EKUFAN

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:56:55 AM »

Thank you for the update.  Here at YSU, we are told that despite the meltdown of a FB on his watch, crazy contract extensions for inept coachs, and a woeful MBB program, we have a good AD because of facility upgrades.

Sounds like the EKU AD must be a superhuman.
Not the AD but the president is the one behind the upgrades He is all about athletics. He is the one that would not renew the football coaches contract but gave the mens bb coach a 3 year contract extension which was deserved

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:28:26 AM »
I believe the EKU AD recently left to take another job? Was it a case of "greener pastures", or being under appreciated, I wonder?

Offline EKUFAN

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:48:21 PM »
He left for Ball State which is not much of an upgrade in my opinion the president of the university wanted the change to bring in his personnel. They recently hired an assistant head football coach and are in the process of hiring an athletic director. Coach Hood is in the final year of his contract and was told that they would not give him an extension

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »
Interesting and enlighting to know somebody actually cares about EKU.  Unfortunately not of the rest of us do!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!