Author Topic: Stadium Upgrades  (Read 18660 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Stadium Upgrades
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »
Anybody heard anything regarding the new lighting and scoreboard??? Should be in by this fall I'm assuming?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Stadium Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
Where did you hear we are getting these upgrades?   I hope we do we need them.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »
I read in the Vindy awhile back that they are going to put in the new Musco Sports lights like they have across the street at the soccer and softball fields. It will increase the candle power from 25 to either 75 or 100. The higher candle power will help with the television broadcasting. The TV camera booths on top of the east stands will also be getting a major overhaul as well according to the article.

I don't know anything about the scoreboard other than hearsay. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »
The last time I heard any real scoreboard talk was prior to the Stambaugh video board being replaced and the Beeghly scoreboard being replaced (then we dump Coke after these gifts). I see no real need for a football scoreboard ...well at least being high on the "pecking order". Heck how many stadiums our size have two boards?

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 06:08:33 PM »
top priority should be to improve the fan experience at the stadium. so the first thing i would invest in are seat backs for every seat in the stadium.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 07:00:59 PM »
top priority should be to improve the fan experience at the stadium. so the first thing i would invest in are seat backs for every seat in the stadium.

That would bring the stadium into NFL status, you're talking a lot of money though.

This might sound minuscule compared to chair back seats, but I wish they would bring the radio broadcast back into the food court areas, especially at half time. It was kind of neat to listen to while waiting in line.

There use to be, and probably still have, a stadium improvement committee. They would be the ones with the answers you would think and/or one of the assistant AD's as well.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »
Good idea seasonticket ...add live broadcast TV's would be great as well. My top item is still a better sound system.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 11:48:19 PM »
The last time I heard any real scoreboard talk was prior to the Stambaugh video board being replaced and the Beeghly scoreboard being replaced (then we dump Coke after these gifts). I see no real need for a football scoreboard ...well at least being high on the "pecking order". Heck how many stadiums our size have two boards?

Everybody has 2 scoreboards now a days. It would just be nice upgrade the scoreboard, expand the screen and make it HD so it can show better replays and videos. Also upgrade the sound system.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »
I heard they were upgrading the lighting because they have to be a certain standard to be able to host FCS playoff games and our lighting it not up to that standard.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 07:39:46 AM »
I heard they were upgrading the lighting because they have to be a certain standard to be able to host FCS playoff games and our lighting it not up to that standard.

Heard that too.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
Would someone please explain how the sound system can work fine when they are blasting the pregame music and then sound like a drive-thru speaker during the game?  Is the problem in the microphone, speakers or both?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »
Would someone please explain how the sound system can work fine when they are blasting the pregame music and then sound like a drive-thru speaker during the game?  Is the problem in the microphone, speakers or both?

Problem with everything here.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 07:10:02 PM »

That's a good point.

That sound system is just plain horrible.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »
I asked this question before:  When the Browns upgraded their sound system and jumbo-tron, what did they do with it and why couldn't it have been donated to a college like YSU?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 08:41:58 PM »
I asked this question before:  When the Browns upgraded their sound system and jumbo-tron, what did they do with it and why couldn't it have been donated to a college like YSU?

Less cost is in the sound system and more in installation.   Maybe YES (Youngstown Electric Service) or someone similar  can donate the labor