Author Topic: 2015 MVFC Recruiting Rankings  (Read 19246 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 MVFC Recruiting Rankings
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 05:56:25 PM »
I am aware that there is jealousy on the Board. I'm also aware of the cheerleaders here who downplay reality. Like I say, I never lie to myself. What does that ever accomplish ?  Where YSU had most players getting D-I offers only from YSU, heres a few from that "awful" class at NDS and their other offers, especially ones I liked --

Ellefson, TE -- Purdue, Air Force, Wyoming, New Mexico, SDS and Fordham

Purifoy, RB -- ILS, New Mexico, North Dakota, UNI, SDS, SIU, Wyoming

Brown ( 6'1, 190, S) -- Air Force, Army, UND, SDS, Fordham

Darnell ( 6'3, 265, DT ) -- ARMY, Montana, UND, SDS

Grimsley, DB --  Air Force, UND, SDS

Hubbs, DT -- Wyoming, UNI, SDS

There were others with offers. But I grow weary of this crap with Fan. You can do the same with the other MVFC schools. I used Rivals. Look up the MVFC recruits. It isn't hard to see who's recruits had multiple offers and YSU players who had no D-I offers other  than YSU. The classes speak for themselves And when they don't, someone tries to lie about it.  Troubling.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:59:52 PM by paladin »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »
All those sites are spot on and accurate. With the exception of Scott I can honestly say I've never seen a YSU class that had such limited offers across the board or No offers at all

Spiderlegs

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 06:41:33 PM »
Unfortunately, Paladin, with the exception of Ellefson's offer from Purdue, none of these spectacular offers are serious FBS schools--all the rest are FCS schools or FBS schools that shouldn't be in the FBS.

Offline letsgoguins

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 07:40:01 PM »
For all the hype we heard from Mr. Scouting Expert about having top classes under Wolford, here is how those #1 and #2 recruiting classes panned out:

2010 - 9th out of 9 teams (they were freshmen and this was Wolford's first year, so we can throw this one out)
2011 - 3 way tie for 4th place - no playoffs
2012 - 2 way tie for 6th place - no playoffs
2013 - 4 way tie for 2nd place - no playoffs
2014 - 2 way tie for 5th place - no playoffs

Surely with back-to-back top recruiting classes in the league we should easily have made the playoffs, or hell, even won the league. As such a recruiting expert, the results over those final 4 years under Wolford speak volumes in terms of this individuals recruiting eye. It is half-ass to say the least.

Just thought I'd share what plenty on here are thinking. Now, Mr. Expert, please continue with your egotistical bloviating.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 08:16:49 PM »
We were one game from making playoffs.  Pelini during the press conference said we needed to build depth.  Pelini can coach he has the rings to back it up.  We have almost everybody back on O.  With a better HC we will make the playoffs next year and I guarantee we will not be Zero for November with Pelini.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »
I don't disagree, Spider. But the fact they had lots of D-I offers vs no offers for YSU recruits is quite telling.  Fan would have you believe that NDS class was awful. Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeeeee ! They are winning national titles.

And, lets be candid Letsgo, many of Wolf's recruits never played as many fell by the wayside with personal problems, grades, injuries, etc.  But one of the #1 classes I labeled BEAT PITT at Pitt. They were off on great starts many years and got hammered at the end, just missing the playoffs. I don't point to lack   of talent for that -- I point to poor DC that cost the program. BTW, I never try to "bloviate"  -- I simply use facts to back up my opinion. You   are either 6'4 or 5'4. You are 225 or 125. You are All State or All League. You have other offers as verified by others or you don't.  Truth is a defense.

Yet in those years , no one was saying I had poor evaluations as I called YSU classes good. Expectations were high.  Now  when I call this one poor, suddenly I'm bloviating ?  The MVFC , I believe, will make my point. We didn't do well when good classes were  called and everyone here thought playoffs were on the way. So, Lets watch what happens now.   
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:19:55 PM by paladin »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 02:37:33 AM »
No you never use any facts, that is your problem Paladin. I can sum up your "analysis" of NDSU's recruits with one word from an old Mel Brooks film ..."nuts: 'N' 'V' 'T' nuts.  Because I say your comments are seriously overstated, you say I said their recruits "suck" ...when you know I said no such thing. Your a 4-time defending national champs ...all you need to do for those recruits is put a "for sale" sign in the window and place an ad in the paper.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
I don't disagree, Spider. But the fact they had lots of D-I offers vs no offers for YSU recruits is quite telling.  Fan would have you believe that NDS class was awful. Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeeeee ! They are winning national titles.

Different area of the country. I don't believe NDSU recruiting classes are bad. I think you are relying too much on scouting services that are little more than guides. They miss a lot of good players, and many get overrated. Finding the good players who are passed over is part of the recruiting game, so I'm not ready to dismiss the incoming YSU class a priori, especially since we have several recruits from some of this year's best teams in Ohio. (When was the last time that happened at YSU?)  MAC schools also have more incoming talent on paper than we do, but I've got to agree with the position of many on this board that YSU is as good as if not better than most of the teams in the MAC. It's what you do with the people you have. The whole "rate the incoming class" game is made up by sports writers with nothing to do.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 07:00:27 PM »
New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana..... Wow. Some great football programs right there!!!

Who gives a sh** who was offered by who. If Bo thinks these players provide depth for the program and he can develop them into solid players, so be it.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 08:20:45 PM »
Amen, bottom line is how any player produces, in 4-5 years we will be able to answer this question.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 07:56:35 AM »
Hey all! New to the forum as a poster, but am a recent ysu alum and have read this forum for a while now. Anyway, I  wanted to ask why was it said, I think by IAA Fan, that MSU had the only official 3 star recruit this class in the MVFC? Everything I've seen on Isiah Scott had him being a 3 star recruit and he committed to YSU.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:57:36 AM by The YO Show »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 09:28:36 AM »
Hey all! New to the forum as a poster, but am a recent ysu alum and have read this forum for a while now. Anyway, I  wanted to ask why was it said, I think by IAA Fan, that MSU had the only official 3 star recruit this class in the MVFC? Everything I've seen on Isiah Scott had him being a 3 star recruit and he committed to YSU.

Welcome aboard! If he is a 3 star that's an impressive get for a coach who just arrived.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »
Avery Moss the transfer from Nebraska is also rated at 3 star.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »
Moss will be a great addition to the D-Line. Can't wait to see him on the field!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
Welcome The YO Show!
I'm facinated with the apparently widespread thinking that things under Wolford were so darn good?? 

Recruiting classes can be ranked pretty accurately after 2-3 years by wins, loses, and playoff appearances.   Let’s face facts,  Tressel fired Wolford because he wasn’t getting the job done.  ‘nuff said!
Regarding bloggers rating recruiting classes at this stage:  just plain silly.  Rivals.com who is the consensus #1 ranking service for 1A in a composite over 4 years has Michigan & Florida in the top 10 and TCU and Baylor nowhere near the top 10.  This is a crap shoot at best.  Good grief, after paying at least 3 years in college with all the tv and combines, pro days etc. they still miss on fully ½ of the NFL draftees! 
My take?  We got a lot of players, many local, and it will be fun to watch them develop under this staff.   
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!