Author Topic: 2015 MVFC Recruiting Rankings  (Read 19536 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 MVFC Recruiting Rankings
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:46:01 PM »
247 doesn't even have full list of recruits for each team so this list is no good.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »
Yes, aside from us ...UNI, WIU and SDSU all have better clases than NDSU ...really so does ILS. Not to be a homer, so not couonting the guins ...ILS and UNI are tied for the best

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »
UNI, ILS and NDS are all jockeying for #1. SDS,SIU and WIU are good. Then comes YSU at #7 . And  , MSU and INS bring up the rear.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:53:01 PM by paladin »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
Some notes on MVFC recruiting --

Indiana St. -- got Moala we went after. He finished 3rd in Mr. Indiana. They will play him at LB, 6'2, 240. Added  2 Tr., 2 Jucos and 4 Florida players.

Illinois St. -- added 3 Transfers

Northern Iowa -- added 3 Tr., 4 Jucos

North Dakota St. -- added a Florida WR and recruits came from huge bumper crop of I-AA athletes from Minn. & Wis.

South Dakota St.-- they added Zenner's brother, and 2 Florida players ( Wr. & DE)

Western Illinois -- added 2 from Fla., the Florida QB from #1 IMG Academy and one Juco.

Missouri St.  -- added 1 Florida player and several from Texas

Southern Illinois -- added 1 TR., 3 Jucos and 6 Florida players. If the class had better local players, I'd have ranked higher. this one bears watching
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:59:45 PM by paladin »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 11:20:12 PM »
I hear you saying Florida Paladin ...that mean's nothing. I hear you say "bumper crop" It is not there. Again for NDSU ...two studs (3 if you include a severely undersized O lineman). He would be a great DE, Oh wait they recruited 3 of those. Probably the worst recruiting class in the conference.

MSU's class looks great.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 12:19:38 AM »
Its sad and somewhat pathetic to read you drone on. NDS is a proven product, thru coaching changes and  class after class of recruits. They just win ( including National titles). YSU ?

The experts say it was a banner year for both Minn. and Wis who produce  few Major D-Is but have a ton of I-AA players. That's where  NDS normally get players anyway. Surprise, huh ? You'll find out in just a few years. As for your Florida comment, its telling that most of  the MVFC went to Fla. ( except YSU this year) and in some cases brought lots of players in from there. Guess those MVFC coaches must be pretty dumb, huh ? I didn't have any problem calling YSU with the best class in the MVFC two years  in a row and have no problem calling them as I see them this year -- which isn't good. Of course, most of D-I goes to Florida for players. Those guys are real stupid too !!  ;D

I think NDS, UNI, ILS all had great classes and SIU I'm real nervous  about. Certainly SDS and WIU recruited as well as YSU and my guess is slightly better. MSU ? ;D  You "thought" they did  well ?  And you said that with a straight face ? LOL !  INS finished last and they got some good kids, Moala included.

Jack up the hype machine as you wish. The games have to be played and everyone will soon know. But I know even with good classes at YSU they didn't fare well in the MVFC and this years class isn't going to "elevate" them either.  But Coach Fan says otherwise.....................
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:29:57 AM by paladin »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 06:07:07 AM »
PALADIN great point on NDSU they just have coaches in waiting that seem to get it done. Not to get off the subject of MVFC rankings but has anyone seen all the quality D-1 FCS players from Ohio and Western Pa. that have chosen to continue their academic and athletic careers in the 3 FCS conferences out east? I must be blind !! I would hope that academics is the major reason why, but I'm not so sure that is entirely the case. Wolford would have been able to land several of these players
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:21:57 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »
It is even more funny to watch you continuously post ...thinking that you will convince the world to ignore reality and make you correct all the time. You think quantity is quality in your posting.

MSU recruited 7 linemen in a class of 13 (3 have yet to sign officially)...which was their biggest weakness. Only one of these guys did not play in a HS program that was not the top 1 or 2 levels in the state. (We have players from D4 and D5 playing well). Outside of that, they brought in the only official 3-star recruit in the conference. Their worst recruit is a slow TE, that they will convert to DE ...he is 6-4, 219lbs and still has a SPARQ of almost 70.  So this someone that has proven he can perform. The top TE recruit in the nation had only 82.  This is a brand new coach, recognizing an issue with his team and taking action with less than 30-days to do so. NDSU's top specialty recruit (on paper) is Minnesota's Mr Football in 2014, as a rusher, and they are moving him to DE. Considering they need two t-backs and with all of his hardware, you would think he could handle the task? He had one FBS offer (Air Force). Outside of this it was only the Dakotas that considered him.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:41:04 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 10:16:46 AM »
Fan it is know secret YSU is at a major disadvantage in the recruiting wars of the Missouri. Factor in all the FBS schools in Ohio along with Buffalo, Pitt, Marshall, Army and Navy and it even makes it more problematic. Bottom line is you can't lose quality recruits to the Northeast and the Patriot. Emphasis still needs to be nationally as well. Those are the cards your delt with in terms of proximity. Start making the playoffs and make runs for a National championship and the FBS quality athletes from the programs that I just listed above stand a better chance of coming here its that simple

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 10:25:11 AM »
Fever..... what I have seen over the last few years is that many NE Ohio and W. Pa. players play immediately in  FCS conferences you talk about. Several Howland kids became immediate starters. Several Mahoning Co. kids too. Academics are part of it, but lower level competition gives area players a chance   to play soon. I also note that the travel to play is far shorter than YSU does, making trips more comfortable  and not take as long. I know that was one thing I hated about coaching -- long trips. Tough on players and coaches alike.  ;D

NDS seems to do just fine every time they change  Head Coaches. The recruit classes are very good too. One National title after another. I used to think that UNI ran the best program as they won MVFC titles almost every year. But its impressive to win National titles year after year coming from the toughest league while running rough shod over most  and changing coaches and adding new players.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
Here is that "BAD" NDSU recruit class --

First Team All State players -- Brinkman ,LB,  Brooks, DB, Fort, DB, Glass, FB, Grimsley DB ( Minn Mr. Football), Hendricks, QB, Hubbs, DT, Robbins, FB, and Tuszka ( whos brother plays for NDS) DE.

Purifoy,RB,6'1, 185, All State, Track star, 1,712 yds rush in tough Milwaukee suburb league

Anderson, RB, 6',195, Florida, 4yr starter, State Track star

Albrecht,OL, 6'5, 275, Chicago suburbs league

M. Anderson  ,TE, 6'4, 240, Basketball star from Stillwater H.S. a major program in Minn

Bridges,WR, 6',170, 4 year starter, All State,From parochial power DeLaSalle, 66 catches, 1,317 yds.,21 TDs, 4A State Runner-up

Williams, WR, 6', 185, All State. played last years State Runner up, this year State Semis, track star

Veldman, QB,6'3, 190, All State and finalist for Minn Mr. FB, 3406 yds passing, 47 TDs on 4A State Champs.

The rest of the class is "almost as impressive. Film is real good. Hard to argue when you are recruiting mostly All State players vs other teams getting all league players.  But Coach Fan says these guys suck !! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:10:01 PM by paladin »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
Fever..... what I have seen over the last few years is that many NE Ohio and W. Pa. players play immediately in  FCS conferences you talk about. Several Howland kids became immediate starters. Several Mahoning Co. kids too. Academics are part of it, but lower level competition gives area players a chance   to play soon. I also note that the travel to play is far shorter than YSU does, making trips more comfortable  and not take as long. I know that was one thing I hated about coaching -- long trips. Tough on players and coaches alike.  ;D

NDS seems to do just fine every time they change  Head Coaches. The recruit classes are very good too. One National title after another. I used to think that UNI ran the best program as they won MVFC titles almost every year. But its impressive to win National titles year after year coming from the toughest league while running rough shod over most  and changing coaches and adding new players.
I to have great respect for the NDS football program. What they have been able to accomplish so quickly since moving up is simply incredible. I will never understand the hatred towards their program on this forum. Where I come from you always pull for your conference members unless your playing them
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:00:20 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 05:19:11 PM »

I to have great respect for the NDS football program. What they have been able to accomplish so quickly since moving up is simply incredible. I will never understand the hatred towards their program on this forum. Where I come from you always pull for your conference members unless your playing them

its jealousy because NDSU took YSU spot in FCS and some people here resent it

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »
I don't care about any spots.  There are no entitlements. All I want is to win the games were supposed to and win a lot of the games that we're not supposed to win in order to get into the playoffs and make a run. It is completely unacceptable that we have not been able to reach the playoffs since 2006. Part of the problem is the selection committee part of the problem is the way our schedule pans out at the end of the year, and part of the problem is that we just haven't been good enough. I'm tired of it. I want a devastating defense that keeps us in games and makes them very close. I want a running game that is smash mouth between the tackles. I don't care who's coaching or who's playing I just want the team to win and I want them to win with that kind of style. I don't care what anybody else is doing. That's all I want
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:24:26 PM by penguinpower »